Author Topic: Why  (Read 477 times)

Offline picko

• Zinc Member
Why
« on: October 06, 2006, 02:26:28 AM »
WHY do i have rubber bullets and bombs now i can be in a 26s in  formation put
my entire load of rounds it to one nme plane and he flys away undamaged.
Bomb a nme cv carrier take out 16 auto guns  12 maned guns it still shots at me and it dosent go down with two more passes putting 5 thousand more lb of bombs on it .( I didnt miss)
I DO beleave IF the game is not fixed i will have on other  option than to leave.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Why
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 05:27:12 AM »
What type of guns are you talking about? Cannon or MG? Did you concentrate your bullets enough in one place? At what range are you shooting? What is your convergence setting?
21 is only half the truth.

Offline 1895

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
      • http://raf315.org
Why
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 07:25:19 AM »
Buffs, may look like no damage but trust me he's dying thats why he flew away. Concentrate your bullets on one wing he'll die fast, 8000lbs of ord on a CV direct hits to kill

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Why
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 08:25:21 AM »
in b26s you would have needed almost all of your bombs to hit, and make sure that you were using the heavy load. you may well have killed loads of guns, but i think the flak that kept shooting you was the stuff from the cruiser (there is ack over all of the boats, not just the CV).

in regards to shooting the guy down, you have to concentrate your 50 cals intoa  certain spot to do a large amount of damage. i expect he flew off because you wounded his pilot or shot some important control surfaces off ;)

you just need a bit more practise, and a bit more luck mate ;)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Why
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 08:40:20 AM »
If the game was that broke, don't you think we all would be complaining?

Generally speaking rubber bullets are either caused by (1) you haveing vertical synch turned off on your computer or (2) a bad internet connection that you can check by running a trace or pingplot ( http://www.pingplotter.com  it has a free version).
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
Why
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 09:44:37 PM »
What's vertical sync and where do I find the setting??? It seems alot that shots I make should be getting hits but seem to just not hit anything.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Why
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 09:56:55 PM »
Its usually in your video card advanced property settings area.
The specific location or path will probably depend on your video card.
Generally speaking you should be able to access it if you right click on an open spot on your desktop, hit Properties on that menu and then goto the Settings tab of that window and there should be an Advanced tab near the bottom.
That will open another window and this will be where your specific video card might have different areas. On mine there is a 3D tab I can hit to access my vert synch settings.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54