Author Topic: lousy fights..  (Read 9230 times)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2006, 05:18:03 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Raider: Please do not confuse lazs rudeness and posting style, With the the point I was making about lazs understanding.

The 2 have nothing to do with each other.

HiTech

If you look past laz's personal attacks, he actually makes many valid points.

As scary as this is, I tend to agree with a lot of what laz posts.  I don't agree with HOW he says things, but WHAT he says is actually pretty spot on im many cases.  (wow... did I just say that?)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2006, 05:39:58 PM »
So many ruffled feathers over what one guy says to you about how you fly your virtual cartoon airplane... in a game.  Get a life, lol.  

If you can't take it from people in an online forum like this, where frankly it should be damn hard to be truly offended, I'd hate to see what happens when people call you guys out in RL.

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2006, 06:44:49 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
If you look past laz's personal attacks, he actually makes many valid points.

As scary as this is, I tend to agree with a lot of what laz posts.  I don't agree with HOW he says things, but WHAT he says is actually pretty spot on im many cases.  (wow... did I just say that?)

uh oh .. now its turning into a kumbaya love fest:O

I'm not putting my witchburning gear away yet... I demand a witch burning!!

oh and a fighter town map/arena would be awsome!  :D
:aok

My perspective on the guy who ignores the defenders to drop his eggs(i do this too ) ---"oh crap I better get my bomb run in fast so I can have a chance against the "light" defenders"(i dont do real well with 2x1000lbs under my hellcats wings-- heck some would say i dont do real well at all hehe)

Attacking undefended bases is lame ... but in most attacks there is a point where the enemy has been supressed  out of existence (fh's down) and they dont last long enough in the sector to make a good looking dar bar.. what im try to point out is eventually almost any basetaking will appear to be a horde vs no one event even when it didnt start out that way.
(i do agree there is horde vs no one activity)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2006, 08:18:25 AM »
I understood what HT said in the context he said it ltar...  I didn't ever quote the examples that blasted the mega squads because the entire... get it "entire? quote was about extremes....  It was not meant to be taken as what certain people do so much as types... types of players.  It does seem that you were so elated to see my name and so crushed to see mega squad mentioned that you made the dishonest quote despite knowing it was out of context and you would get caught.... toolsheeder mentality at it's best.

To be clear... I would not like airstarts.   I would not like every single plane exactly the same....  I would like then to be within some reasonable similarities in say climb and speed and turn and such with say 20 mph on the deck being the max diff... The new arenas pretty much satisy in that regard.  

I would also like the fields to be aboutr 3/4 of a sector apart in, at least, the early war...  

raider...if I lied about your stats then I'm sorry...  I don't think so tho... I just look em up.  maybe you had a different handle or something?   I can't even find "raider179" in the stats.   I don't know how I would have looked yours up so figure your post is just more toolsheder "embellishing" and quoting out of context.

sheesh...  I post enough... you guys should be able to find something....

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2006, 08:38:38 AM »
when all is said and done...  I am a furballer.    I admit that I don't have much patience for the landgrab in the arena.    I don't have much use for the same style in BB...  I fight here too.

It is all "we have to be really nice to each other and post respectfully"   This is the toolsheder way and you guys are polite...

So long as the thread goes your way and the game goes your way.

When the game changed or you are called on your style....  it was/is hysterics and all pretense of polite and calm went out the window.... A 180.....  now it was "I quit and am leaving forever and taking 100 guys with me if you don't go back to how it was"   It wasn't just me that got called names either... the whole HTC crew got namecalled and threatened and more... and it wasn't by me... never was.  I didn't change.

In fact..  despite the number of posts toolsheders like to bring up...  I don't post here much... I know that if you scratch the surface of these "polite" toolshedders.... you will find a vitriolic and rude sneak who can't control their temper.   I post in the oclub where the guys are much less sensitive and... when they are being dishonest.... people call em on it.  I posted here more in the last month than I have here in a year and less than some of the toolshedders have lately.

I may be direct but I am consistent and... I think... honest.   I find the mood swings of the supposedly "calm and polite" guys to be a constant source of entertainment.

You guys had your way for a very long time... I figured that was the way it was and stayed off your mutal admiration BB and cut my hours playing.

AH is fun again... playing more hours.  

Oh.... besides some maps with a little closer fields....  can we have a few new early war planes?

I would like the f4f-3  a little faster than an FM2 with about the same climb and 4 guns.

Thanks

lazs

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2006, 10:42:50 AM »
I think fast planes are needed to escape the post-bean burrito aroma usually found trailing that FM2 of lazs'!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
lousy fights..
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2006, 10:55:23 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
I think fast planes are needed to escape the post-bean burrito aroma usually found trailing that FM2 of lazs'!:aok

...and all this time I thought that cloud was an oil leak!

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2006, 11:41:56 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
raider...if I lied about your stats then I'm sorry...  I don't think so tho... I just look em up.  maybe you had a different handle or something?   I can't even find "raider179" in the stats.   I don't know how I would have looked yours up so figure your post is just more toolsheder "embellishing" and quoting out of context.

sheesh...  I post enough... you guys should be able to find something....

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's [/B]

Man nice try at an apology but no thanks... It was in the threads after the arena change. You not even remembering shows me exactly how much you pay attention to the garbage that comes out of your mouth...

You asked for my ID and I gave it to you... So take your half apology and keep it to yourself...

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
lousy fights..
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2006, 03:11:40 PM »
I understood what HT said in the context he said it ltar... I didn't ever quote the examples that blasted the mega squads because the entire... get it "entire? quote was about extremes.... It was not meant to be taken as what certain people do so much as types... types of players. It does seem that you were so elated to see my name and so crushed to see mega squad mentioned that you made the dishonest quote despite knowing it was out of context and you would get caught.... toolsheeder mentality at it's best.
The quote was in no way dishonest.  Since he used your name, I assumed you advocated for all the items he listed at some point.  If I was mistaken, its a mistake.  Mistakes are a far cry from dishonest.
I may be direct but I am consistent and... I think... honest.

And I believe I have been consistent with my message that there is no right or wrong way to play -- I'll add "when not taken to an extreme," as Hitech put it, to be perfectly clear.  One size does not fit all.  There is more to the game than the Furball - or the Landgrab.

And here I thought you were goading, but I guess you honestly believe these quotes (order rearranged)
really... a look at the K/D and K/H of those who think furballs aren't fun is allways in order.

donzo.... you get less than one kill for every time someone kills you and that...... when you have every advantage in numbers and in planes... you are lucky to get 5 kills in an hour.

Your stats are allmost a duplicate of donzos with even less success when meeting an opponent even when you have an overwhelming advantage which you and he have allways claimed is good gameplay...

So kids... look at the stats of the guys who claim mega squads and whordes and late war planes and 5-10 on one fighting is fun and that it builds skill and see that they...

your only hope to not lose your cartoon life is to hide in a whorde or mega squad and chose the fastest plane you can.. attack only when you have an advantage and be content to maybe get that one killing shot on the 5 on 1 red guy as you and the other four fire from every angle you can get and run like little girls when reversed..
So you are saying you honestly believe you can tell from K/D ratio and K/H stat that I:
#1 only fly in a horde
#2 only fly the most advantageous planes
#3 only fight when at an advantage
#4 always run when at a disadvantage
#5 If "forced" to fight, fold easily

All this while never having flown with or against me in the MA (not that I can recall, anyway).  

Almost forgot #6 claim overwhelming advantage is good gameplay.  
Please show me where I ever said that.  The only thing I can think of that ever came close is when I said upping against the horde could be fun.

You look at your K/D and K/H scores and know you like to fight.  You look at my scores and say it is "obvious" I don't like to fight as they are poor in comparison to yours.

Apples and Oranges.

You can make some categorizations based on stats, but it not the ones you make.  My stats obviously say "landgrabber" (after all, there are base captures).  Yours obviously say "furballer".  They say nothing to comparative "fight style."  The goals are too different.  As a landgrabber your goal is base capture and base defense.  As a furballer your goal is to shoot down cartoon airplanes.

For sake of argument, lets say you suddenly decided to be a landgrabber.  
:(  Hey, stop laughing, I'm serious.  Bear with me . . .

Your flights tend to be longer than when you were a furballer.  After all, you have to make the journey all the way to the opposing base instead of half way between the closest bases.   Your K/H just decreased due to increased flight time.

When you get to the base, there is field ack to contend with.  You may have occasionally had that when furballing, but now you have to deal with it consistently.  Occasionally it kills you.  Your K/D ratio just decreased.

When it does kill you, you have that long flight again . . . K/H suffers.

As a landgrabber, part of defending your territory is to keep the other sides' strats porked.  Porking raids increase time in the air.  Maybe someone will up a defense against you and you can get a kill, but most likely its a just a few buildings instead.  K/H suffers.

Sometimes to defend your base, you up from a field that is capped.  You get vulched.  Perhaps repeatedly.  K/D ratio takes a hit.

To keep those pesky bombers at bay, you may actually climb to alt once in a while.  That takes time.  K/H suffers.

Heck, if you really don't care about your score, you may even intentionally fly your plane into the ground or bail rather than RTB.  More K/D damage.

Etc. Etc.

Not to mention now that GVs are thrown in, and who can really tell what your air-to-air ratio is based on those stats?

How much would your K/D and K/H change?  Not possible to quantify exactly, but it would be significant.

Now, what does all of that say about your fighting style when you meet up with the enemy?  If you are the only fighter heading to a base when most of your squad is in GVs or bombers, do you turn tail and run if there are enemy fighters up?  Do you engage only if your plane is better?  Have you brought an LA-7 instead of your trusty FM-2?  Because you grab land now, has all your courage and skill suddenly left you?

Of course not.  You fight.  It's what you do.  Just now it is channeled to a goal outside the fight itself.  

Use any analogy you want -- individual vs team, Slapback vs Football, deathmatch vs capture the flag -- it about preferences and opinions as to which is "more fun".

If someone said your opinion was worthless because your rank isn't good enough, and made all kinds of value judgements about how you played the game because of it, would you call them on it?  How is using any portion of the score any different than that?

Wasn't too terribly long ago someone had claimed the BKs were "ruining the game."  Most BKs called foul, and rightly so.  All were being painted with the same broad brush by someone who had a beef with one of you.  (Admittedly, I had tended to do the same broad brushing to that point - but I learned.)

You use a very broad brush when it comes to any "strat" type (individual or squad).  It's just as unfair.

I don't know why I'm bothering, since I know no opinions will be changed here.  But it went this far, so what the heck.  "So, kiddies" . . . enough of my rant.  

Happy Hunting. :aok
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2006, 08:26:44 PM »
Heyas Laz....

It's simply a different crowd these days....it's a new world old man.

Dale would starve if just the old folks played....maybe we should form a new sqd of just those old, mean and fight hungry guys and hunt down the gangers and strat girls...make life a bit tougher for them.

Just a thought

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
lousy fights..
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2006, 09:16:21 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
Heyas Laz....

It's simply a different crowd these days....it's a new world old man.

Dale would starve if just the old folks played....maybe we should form a new sqd of just those old, mean and fight hungry guys and hunt down the gangers and strat girls...make life a bit tougher for them.

Just a thought

Wow.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2006, 11:03:28 PM »
Yeah, wow, what a frikkin great idea.

:aok

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
lousy fights..
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2006, 11:20:42 PM »
brilliant!  This idea should be done immediately!

P.S.
I hear the bk's were toolshedders, but couldn't cut it, so now they pretend to be fighters....err..furballers.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2006, 09:32:28 AM »
e23487554  I have seen the toolshedders in their whordes... everyone here has...

Yep... K/H would suffer.. it takes time to gather up a whorde and figure out just what undefended base you want to kill sheds at...   It takes time to get to alt and it is reall a drag waiting in the conga line to try to kill the one or two planes that are dumb enough to be there when you do get there..

Bad for K/H...  K/D?   How can you have a lousy K/D if you are 5-10 to one?   Oh wait.. you can auger or killshoot each other...  

Is there anyone here who hasn't gotten 2 or 3 kills on a whorde who dove in on him... without firing a shot?

It's your $15... play as you like..  but don't expect people to not pull your covers.  

raider... I don't recall the incident you speak of or even who you are but...  If I said something about your stats..... it was true.  Unless I got the wrong guy...  quit trying to be someone else and it will all be cleared up.

All in all tho... My point remains.   You guys fly the best planes and you fly in the whordes....  you have more chance to vultch wheels down players than any other group and do so... and yet...  you die more than you live in any all the fights combined...

That means... you live in when in the whordes and get good K/d on vultches and risk free stuff sooooo... you must die at least twice as often as your stats indicate when you get caught in real fights or ones where you lose the advantage.

I can't imagine ever dieing if you only flew fast planes in the whorde.   How do you guys manage?

Some players here have solved the mystery... they have talked about how easy it is to get a fast plane and harvest kills from the sheep in wolves clothing that is the whorde.

And... you aint gonna get any better before you quit.   And, you will quit... the whorde and "strat" and land grab is not something that holds many peoples attention for years.   Sadly... you will be replaced by more of the same I'm afraid.   I won't be fighting with you there or here... just someone who is just like you and just as sensitive and for just the same reasons.

lazs

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2006, 09:49:38 AM »

In fact..  despite the number of posts toolsheders like to bring up...  I don't post here much...
You guys had your way for a very long time... I figured that was the way it was and stayed off your mutal admiration BB and cut my hours playing.
Thanks
lazs

Well for someone who doesn't post here much, how the heck do you get 17K+ post accredited to ya?

Actually you want it to be back to the way that you had it for so long and it wasn't quite cumfy was  it?  I personally believe that we can have a "Fair and Balanced" game by giving you furballers what you want in an exclusive fightertown area of the map that is NOT able to be captured, porked, or ransacked by the heathens and this has been suggested and pleaded for many time in the past.  The same thing goes for tanktown.  All this upheavel could have been avoided with just those two  additions to gameplay.  Instead we have a war of the "purist" and the "hobbiest".  I call HT out on this one as he could have prevented it with those changes to gameplay.  Laz, as much as I despise the way you present your ideas, some have merit and I can't fault you for that.  You just seem to want to impose your style of gameplay on the rest of us and we don't like it.  Why don't you advocate for a harmony of gameplay in that all can have their cake and eat it too?

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1

PS.. I like the different arena concept, I wished it had more capacity and those areas that would be appreciated by all... Namely, the untouchable fightertown and tanktown  and the rest would be free for all to do whatever their style enjoyed.
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!