Author Topic: lousy fights..  (Read 9181 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2006, 02:38:06 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
They used gv's against Lev's P-40 B, which even though he landed 202 kills, counted NOTHING toward his score, at all.  Didn't get one kill for his fighter stats, but it did cause some whines.

:t

Now, there you have it straight.

And there ya have it ...
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Domin

• Copper Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2006, 02:43:54 PM »
I didn't know the stats ment all that much. First couple weeks I started AH2 a stayed high and pulled a 3-4 ratio. YAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNNN. After that I almost quick until I met Creton. Now my ratio went bye bye but I'm 30 times better. Started going in without advantage into 1-3 EA as recommended and learned a lot very fast.. also started having "fun". If played soft enough any one can have a great ratio. Play how you want, you only learn by dying.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2006, 03:20:55 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2

I don't think any of us want to hear what you think is a good time or skilled.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

I would. Your opinion though has been expressed some 17000 odd times. How about you put a sock in it instead of asking others to...

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
lousy fights..
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2006, 03:22:49 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
My opinion is the only one that matters.  If you disagree with my opinion, I will make fun of you and call you names.

lazs
Edited for brevity.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 03:25:20 PM by E25280 »
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2006, 03:34:33 PM »
Clearly some of you guys missed the point of me landing hundreds of kills in a P-40.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2006, 03:35:24 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
And there ya have it ...

Here's even funnier Slap...

I've let my squaddies vulch me hardcore on several occasions, upping ENY 5 fighters. Call it payback for using squad vox to stalk & blast apart their toolshedding endeavours.

Nobody ever noticed :furious Probably because I'm not a BK :lol

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2006, 03:46:31 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Clearly some of you guys missed the point of me landing hundreds of kills in a P-40.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Ya think !?!?!?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2006, 03:47:42 PM »
Originally posted by indy007
Here's even funnier Slap...

I've let my squaddies vulch me hardcore on several occasions, upping ENY 5 fighters. Call it payback for using squad vox to stalk & blast apart their toolshedding endeavours.

Nobody ever noticed :furious Probably because I'm not a BK :lol

:aok
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2006, 09:18:28 PM »
being a relativly seasoned noobs to the game and fighter sims period i not wuite sure i am jaded or narrowminded enought o see lazs point. keep in mind that i am totally biased, as a BOP i was able to absorb much more knowledge than the regular 2 weeker. with 100+ members that BOPs gave me the basics to evolve into the gameplayer i am and set a firm foundation for the gameplayer i can be.

Flayed and EGG gave me tips on how to flatten anything from any alt. KITE777 showed me how those guys way up in the sky were able to kill me instantly. Viper215 helped me learn to fly on the edge of any plane. Bushlt told me how to kill any gv at angle from any distance and Falcnwng instilled the keys to winning at this game be it land grab or rank. every single one of these men and many others who spoon fed me tips and insight did it with respect and honor. never once was there bragging or taunting over 200. maybe a few whines for time to time but who hasn't? i came to respect men like mongol and minnow and jam93 not because of there skill but the respect they command from the bish.

i follow the BBS in realtive silence but lately it seems like lazs hasnt be posting in favor of the small guy, it seems like his topics are more of an outcry because the game didnt evolve the way he had hoped. or maybe he didnt want it to evolve maybe he wanted to stay the same.

and on a side note

-- Todd/Leviathn

i dont see any particular point in accomplishing something like that except maybe proudly displaying for all to see how easy it is to twist the game for what ever purpose

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2006, 07:55:45 AM »
Originally posted by jhookt
i dont see any particular point in accomplishing something like that except maybe proudly displaying for all to see how easy it is to twist the game for what ever purpose

Not really.  Most people already know how easy it is to game the game.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2006, 08:24:16 AM »
ltarhook... thank you for proving my point...  the mega squad taught you how to play...  their best taught you how to fly fighters...

After all this time... you now can grab the best planes in the game... come in with 100 squadies and help and all the advantages and know.....

That you will get killed allmost every time you meet a red plane no matter how inferior it is or how much advantage you have.  

They taught you how to win?  I guess we just have a different way of looking at "win".

la7...nik... spit 9 and 16 and d9.. it matters not.. the "skill" that was taught you make you meat in those planes more than 50% of the time.

New guys need to look at not only what these mega squad guys are saying but what they are really doing.

lazs

storch

lousy fights..
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2006, 08:33:24 AM »
classic post hook, thank you very much.  I'm impressed.  going for Bop to a LTAR.  your mom must be so proud.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
lousy fights..
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2006, 09:10:32 AM »
Originally posted by jhookt
Falcnwng instilled the keys to winning at this game be it land grab or rank.

Read my posts again. That right there is the inherrent problem. You think you're winning. No reason not to, you were taught that's the way to play.

Now sit back and think about it objectively for a second.

High-alt, pinpoint bombing just means you know where the calibrate screen is, and have a sense of timing marginally better than Steve Martin in The Jerk. Great learning experience. Honestly, I'm confident a monkey could be trained to do high alt bombing in AH. It used to be a bit trickier, but HT neutered even that. As long as your true speed matches your calibrated speed, you can't possibly miss.

Why do the people way higher than you kill you instantly? Because you've never been taught how to beat them. You've never even been taught that you CAN beat them. They've done you a disservice, but it doesn't matter, because you won't believe me anyways. The fact is, people that are way, way higher than you suck 75% of the time. Neither alt, nor bundles of E, are required to beat them... just a few furballs in the TA with quality instructors to teach you a trick or 2. One hour of real fighter practice with a quality instructor will reward you every second of time you spend in any arena after that. Not only will it reward you with a better experience in the arenas, it also will reward your opponents with a tougher fight.

I had more to write but I'm busy as hell today :( Here's a summary though... people say they wanna landgrab. That's cool... but every reset your work is flushed down the toilet for an amount of perks you can earn in an hour without even a vulch. People also they just wanna logon and have fun with their friends. That's great, it really is. However, in the thousands of hours I've put into this game... not once ever did my VOX stop working because I chose to turn with a guy instead of let 5 of us BnZ him to death. I still talk to my squaddies and have fun with them, the only difference is I fight differently now, nothing else has changed.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Requesting a new arena
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2006, 09:17:03 AM »
Dear HTC,

Can you please (please, please, please) add a new arena to the MA?

I would like to see an arena named Laz's Playpen.

I would like you to also force all new players into this arena for a minimum of 6 hours before they can fly in any other arena.

I think this would go a long way in conditioning all of the n00b's to play this game the way it was meant to be played....Laz's way.

Regards,
Donzo

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Re: Requesting a new arena
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2006, 09:19:49 AM »
Originally posted by Donzo
Dear HTC,

Can you please (please, please, please) add a new arena to the MA?

I would like to see an arena named Laz's Playpen.

I would like you to also force all new players into this arena for a minimum of 6 hours before they can fly in any other arena.

I think this would go a long way in conditioning all of the n00b's to play this game the way it was meant to be played....Laz's way.

Regards,
Donzo

I'm still plugging away at an EWA map with closer bases, and a thing or 2 that hasn't been done on any current map. First thing I did was email Lazs to get BK input.

When its finished, and if it's accepted... people will feel the fury.