Author Topic: Who's idea was this?  (Read 4099 times)

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Who's idea was this?
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2006, 06:38:41 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
Pyro spells lots better than Skuzzy or Hitech:aok

He only spells better because they bought him a spell check program. :)

Ren
The Damned (DAG)

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
Who's idea was this?
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2006, 07:03:29 PM »
But now they can do whatever they want. Eat what was served, and shut up.

Bite the hand the feeds ya and ya stopped getting fed. Pure and simple :aok

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
Who's idea was this?
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2006, 07:08:42 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
COndor06:

And even after we state precisly why. Players still do not belive what we say our intentions and resones are.  Do you realy belive if we would publish any of our data that people would belive our data is correct?

HiTech

I see your point.
Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com

Offline jtdragon

• Copper Member
times
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2006, 07:47:28 PM »
even here in the states on the east coast in the morning I get to sign on around 9:30 and there are just enough on to kick me into the LW2 with 9 or 10 people. EW/MW are the same. You have to wait an hour before there are enough on to get something going.  If everyone in one Arena could have fun, one on one is not what I'm here for. Like working with others for a goal, (base captures, defending). Have LW only say from 4AM EST till 12 noon.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 07:55:44 PM by jtdragon »
JT

Offline JimJones

• Zinc Member
Who's idea was this?
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2006, 09:27:38 PM »
Originally posted by ghi
What's working better!?

in LW1--- are 90 bish/40knits/60 rooks, Bish are vulching and grab land,reset the out# team/map 3 times/day

in the same time in LW2, 30 bish /40 knits/90 rooks, rooks are vulching all fronts, reset map and out#team,3 times/day

Mw,and EW, who cares what's going on, cuz are soo unbalanced, just unplayable,
Still in LW arena can find some balanced gaming, sometimes

The "old way of doing things", is still here and it will never die unless the bases became uncapturable and war can't be won

Abso-friggin-lutely correct.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Who's idea was this?
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2006, 10:10:54 PM »
My complaint about Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana

I would like to take a moment to set the stage so that my next letter will begin from a new and much higher level of influence. The points I plan to make in this letter will sound tediously familiar to everyone who wants to bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to the current debate. Nevertheless, some petty litterbugs are actually considering helping Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana make a mockery of our most fundamentally held beliefs. How quickly such people forget that they were lied to, made fun of, and ridiculed by Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana on numerous occasions. Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana can get away with lies (e.g., that it never engages in quasi-dishonest, primitive, or disingenuous politics) because the average person cannot imagine anyone lying so brazenly. Not one person in a hundred will actually check out the facts for himself and discover that Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana is lying.

The fact that one of Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana's unidimensional arguments is that individual worth is defined by race, ethnicity, religion, or national origin is particularly striking, since whatever your age, you now have only one choice. That choice is between a democratic, peace-loving regime that, you hope, may build a society in which people have a sense of permanence and stability, not chaos and uncertainty, and, as the alternative, the amoral and odious dirigisme currently being forced upon us by Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana. Choose carefully, because I want to give people more information about Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana, help them digest and assimilate and understand that information, and help them draw responsible conclusions from it. Here's one conclusion I undoubtedly hope people draw: Some people don't seem to mind that Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana likes to push the State towards greater influence, self-preservation, and totalitarianism and away from civic engagement, constituent choice, and independent thought. What a frowzy world we live in! We'd all be in grave danger if Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana continued to engage in its loud behavior.

You've heard me say that Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana's subordinates are all inerudite calumniators. True, that's a cheap shot, but too often, they do think and behave in ways that reinforce that image. If I had to choose the most illaudable specimen from Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana's welter of licentious gabble, it would have to be Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana's claim that its contrivances prevent smallpox. What do you think of this: Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana is an organization with more ambition than conviction? When I was little, my father would sometimes pick me up, put me on his knee, and say "I lost all respect for Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana when I heard it plans to rewrite and reword much of humanity's formative works to favor hooliganism." Finally, any mistakes in this letter are strictly my fault. But if you find any factual error or have more updated information on the subject of Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana, Mr Long Winded Can't Break Up His Complaint Into Easily Readable Paragraphs And Thinks He Knows The Secret To Aces High Nirvana-inspired versions of vandalism, etc., please tell me, so I can write an even stronger letter next time.

:D :aok :lol :t

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Who's idea was this?
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2006, 10:50:06 PM »
Damn Arlo!! If you hadn't hit the enter key 3 times...you might have created a legendary Great Wall 'O Text!!!!
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
Who's idea was this?
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2006, 11:12:29 PM »
(Jedi mind trick)    "You will be getting different maps........."
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Who's idea was this?
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2006, 11:41:59 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Damn Arlo!! If you hadn't hit the enter key 3 times...you might have created a legendary Great Wall 'O Text!!!!

I tried to autogenerate more to see if the text buffer was still rejecting too many characters. It is. ;)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Who's idea was this?
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2006, 12:11:07 AM »
I think all that bull**** you typed might land you a job at the U.N.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Who's idea was this?
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2006, 12:25:08 AM »
A job at the U.N.

Cool.

Do I bring my own mop?

;)

"swabby"

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Who's idea was this?
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2006, 07:34:14 AM »
from hiTech

When you have to many people in 1 place pier presure no longer is a control on peoples behavior. Once pier pressure is no longer a control, people will start to exibit hostill behavior to eachother, (in esence overcrowding).

Because of the over crowding we had been forced to implement at lot of game changes (more police type force) to try to control the over crowding.

The arena became much less of a fun social place, then it had at other times.

The current change is an attempt at removing the over crowding and letting pier pressure back into the system.

With some time people will change there behavior back to a more social friendly enviorment.

If you understand the above, then the question becomes. How do you spit a group of people while letting them maitain there current set of friends.

"If you understand the above".  Sorry mate... I ain't following this.   I don't  get it.  Slap me in the face with a kipper and call me a avacado but I'm slightly perplexed.  Not trying to be arsey with you HTC but hey, call me a avacado if u must.

OK, I understand that an arena with 700+ players was / is detrementle to growth.  I'm assuming a lower percentage of newbies didn't enlist as otherwise would have, in less populated arenas.  Not wanting exact figures or forcasts but am I on the right track here ?

"Pier pressure" !  Is that to maintain order ?  Not getting this part.  My idea of peir pressure is telling some gamey so-n-so not to suicide dive bomb in bombers.  Not to bial from his tiffy after dropping ords on a hanger. You get what I mean BUT what exactly do you mean ?

Hey man, forgive me for these next few lines.  I'm hoping the School brake hasn't had any effect on your figures, assumptions and or projections.  It's just a timming thing right?  No smart arsed advert sales guru explaining why you should spend another gazzillion bucks with him.

If i could offer any input, advise, comment or avacadotering it's this... change "WEB PAGE HELP" to "INSTRUCTIONS".
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 07:36:45 AM by LYNX »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Who's idea was this?
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2006, 08:39:35 AM »
hammy... I play 20-30 hours a month since the change.  I consider that a lot.. that is like fifty cents an hour.. a far cry from the 3-6 bucks an hour we used to all pay.

I think that many hours is quite a bit... I think hundreds is pretty sick.   I mean.. how much of a life can you have with work and 100 or more hours of this every month?   don't you have any friends or hobbies?

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Who's idea was this?
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2006, 09:30:53 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
hammy... I play 20-30 hours a month since the change.  I consider that a lot.. that is like fifty cents an hour.. a far cry from the 3-6 bucks an hour we used to all pay.

I think that many hours is quite a bit... I think hundreds is pretty sick.   I mean.. how much of a life can you have with work and 100 or more hours of this every month?   don't you have any friends or hobbies?

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Hammy can answere for himself but man this is a bit rich.  If you spend just 10 minutes on a post and thats a conservative 10 minutes.  I've seen your post as long as a side of A4 then you average 30 hours just typing about the game each and every month.

You type more about the game than you actually use it. That right mate...you type it more than use it.  Whats more your text is 90% the same topic.  "some shedder bound to bomb me furball"  blah blah.

Sick whats sick?  Pucking up 9.75 poster per day 30 hours a month from the same out house with about as much usefull contents as said out house?

The guys in here are all AI.

Offline MrSlim

• Copper Member
Who's idea was this?
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2006, 10:47:40 AM »
Originally posted by HomeBoy
BTW, if we are looking at 120 in an arena, can't we at least have a map designed for 120 and not 620?

What he said.
Spend an awful lot of time now-a-days flying in empty space looking for some action. Not really too much fun.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 10:51:40 AM by MrSlim »