Author Topic: Check six  (Read 1089 times)

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
Check six
« on: October 23, 2006, 02:45:27 PM »
It's important to vets and new people both to remember to give your side this .

I was a little off Sunday morning and forgot too :(  

All I can say is sorry again Ball .
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Check six
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 03:12:32 PM »
Let's also remember that it's a gift not an obligation.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Check six
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 03:24:34 PM »
Check six not all that. People should be watching their own six too. I've had people give me calls when I was the one on the bad guy. Done it to people too. Sucks when I or they break hard off the attack because of a blown call.

Then there's the really sneaky bastards that do it to ninja your kill.... :noid

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Check six
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 03:27:48 PM »
Indy is right.  If you get a 6 call from me, you better look before you break off the guy your chasing. :aok

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Check six
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 04:04:17 PM »
Also have to keep in mind the experience factor.

In my first weeks i had trouble enough keeping track where I was going, not speaking of the guy i was just fighting. It completely escaped me who else was around and who might be diving in on whom and who might be the one shooting.

With growing SA and experience, it got easier to track whats going on and not only check my own six but also call out warnings to other players.

Six calls are nice to get. Its always a great pleasure to fly with people that you know will warn you if they see someone on you. But i never expect them.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Check six
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 05:10:18 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
............In my first weeks i had trouble enough keeping track where I was going, ...............

Sure trying to be like one of the guys !! What, you afraid to ask for directions?   :rofl

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Check six
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 08:08:39 PM »
I use the car analogy to explain this. I read it on the Boards and it wasn't my original idea. I forget who posted the original.

You are driving your car with a friend passenger.
You see a rather attractive person on the side of the road and get distracted.
Your passenger may or may not see this distraction and may or may not see you veered off the road and are aiming for a tree.
Who's fault is it when you hit that tree?  Yours of course.

It certainly is nice though if your passenger mentions the tree instead of cinching up his safety belt and just asks if your car is equipped with a passenger side airbag.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Check six
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 09:48:58 PM »
more like ..you are driving along, paying attention to the road.  Your passenger spots a hot chic.   they can
1. not tell you VEERY LAME
2. say "OOH hot chic" but not say where or how hot (type of plane and location)
3. tell exactly where and how to spot the hot chic..

remember people ..relationships come and go.. but you never forget a cheap thrill!:aok

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Check six
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 03:46:14 AM »
Fuze, plmmr - THANK YOU. *Finally* an explanation for my target fixation and sometimes ignoring six calls!!!! - I dont care for hot chicks :D.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Hat

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.708th.com
Check six
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 04:58:08 AM »
Originally posted by FLS

Too many seem to forget this fact. Pisses me off when someone yells at me just cause he cant check his own six.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Check six
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 12:31:10 PM »
Fuze, plmmr - THANK YOU. *Finally* an explanation for my target fixation and sometimes ignoring six calls!!!! - I dont care for hot chicks :D.

Didn't want to pigeon hole anyone so I used 'attractive person' and let the beholder determine the beauty. :)
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Check six
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 06:41:41 PM »

Forgive me Schatzi!  You may substitute THE HOFF for "Hot Chic"

:)

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
Check six
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 11:56:13 AM »
Originally posted by FLS

People who think they have no responsibilty to watch their buddy's back has obviously never been in real combat much less the real military.  In real life gents you deeply depend on your buddies to watch and protect your back as they do you to the best of everyones abilities.  It is hammered in your head from day one of basic training because no one, no matter how good their SA is, can see everything and for this reason, policies and procedures have been explicitly designed and refined to take full advantage of this concept.  The reason for this doctrin is that the person's life you save may very well be your own because in real life you just can 't up another plane.  So with that in mind it is your obligation to give 6 calls, not a gift.  People who think it's a gift have no sence of loyalty, duty or responsibilty to anyone but them selves.

One of the problems with a two deminsional game is depth perception and it is difficult at times to determine who is chasing who but that should not deter you from warning the other person. I rather get 10 false 6 six calls where i'm chasing the boggy than not get one that kills me.

Also when you're saddled up , within 400yards, and getting ready to shoot, you have to focus on keeping visual contact on the enemy bogy in front of you and can't afford to look around and during that time period is when you rely heavly on your country men to watch your back because that is when your the most volunerable.

Furthuremore, the more people give 6 calls, the more it encourages others to do the same and before you know it everyone is landing kills.
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Check six
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 02:39:47 PM »
what is this landing you speak of?
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Check six
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 04:16:22 PM »
Originally posted by SAS_KID
what is this landing you speak of?

It is a feature in the offline version.:p