Author Topic: Nothing wrong with a goodbye post  (Read 1648 times)

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Nothing wrong with a goodbye post
« on: October 25, 2006, 08:56:26 PM »
There is nothing wrong with a goodbye post.

before the latest debate guys posted goodbyes all the time without being told they were losers and "just leave"...

now if you post a final farewell...you get the same 4-5 guys jump on and hammer them....

i apologize to those guys who have posted here that the last thing they will remember about AH is what jerks are like....i hope it doesnt prevent them from coming back at a different stage of their lives or finances...

try this fellahs...if someone posts goodbye..then

..if you know them post something nice and wish they come back soon...

if you dont...then find another thread to post on...its not a troll...its some bloke who loves/loved this game as much as you and for what ever reason has lost some gas...mebbe a few nice posts will bring him back around

:aok
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 09:01:44 PM »

Nothing wrong with showing a comrade a little respect.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 09:10:36 PM »
I been around here just a short while but my memory of these affairs is just a bit different than yours.

Guys that say "bye" in a gentlemanly fashion usually get the answer you suggest above.

The guys that feel they have to post an accusatory explanation of just why they are leaving because it's all the fault of HTC and the mean people in the game and the rainy weather and the internet burps, etc., etc., etc....

in short, those that leave crying....

do in fact get some "don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya" replies.

I guess, like everything else, it comes down to the choices the individual makes when he types in that "bye" message.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 10:41:32 PM »
would you mind linking me to some of those goodbyes you remember?

i think a few did say the game had lost interest or the arena situaution was bad....dont know of any that named people who were "mean"?

im not so sure that posting a reason is anything but reasonable...and as i have already stated..i think we need to give guys a break who are probably very upset to begin with (either with the current game OR life issues that make them take this leave)

i cant teach anyone what their mom should have....

i wont try to do it individually for sure....

so best of luck to you toad...i hope you are the only one who decides to reply with negativity
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Arcades057

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 10:55:05 PM »
Toad gets it.  

Strangely enough the griefers don't.  Go figure.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 12:14:07 AM »
Aye. Toad. Nail. On head.

Not that I'm implying that toad should get his head nailed.

Rephrasing glitch. Danger.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 12:22:55 AM »
The way I see it if someone posts a good bye post and it is in a manner that is how should I say it.... Not nice just don't post and let it die!!!!  If you don't respond it will be shoved down to page what ever and forgotten.  Isn't this better than the "Don't let the door hit ya in the A**" remarks?
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 12:28:02 AM »
Originally posted by Flayed1
Isn't this better than the "Don't let the door hit ya in the A**" remarks?

Tradition. And natural selection. :D

Offline Free

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 06:31:08 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
I been around here just a short while but my memory of these affairs is just a bit different than yours.

Guys that say "bye" in a gentlemanly fashion usually get the answer you suggest above.

The guys that feel they have to post an accusatory explanation of just why they are leaving because it's all the fault of HTC and the mean people in the game and the rainy weather and the internet burps, etc., etc., etc....

in short, those that leave crying....

do in fact get some "don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya" replies.

I guess, like everything else, it comes down to the choices the individual makes when he types in that "bye" message.

Right.  The only acceptable goodbye is the one that coddles HiTech's nuts and makes him feel better about himself.  

God forbid anyone express their frustration over the current arena setup and note it as a cause for their decision to leave the game.

:cry

Offline Free

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 06:42:54 AM »
On second thought, you guys are right.  I mean, just look at all the anger steaming from these recent goodbye threads, someone stop these madmen!  

Originally posted by gatt
After about 6 years of playing I've canceled my account ... burning many thousands of perks ;)

Goodbye to many vets and greens I've fought against and above all !to all the bomber pilots I've been harassing during all these years. Hope to be back soon with the CT, who knows :).

Originally posted by g00b
Just saying goodbye folks. After the arena changes I found I simply lost interest in the game. I haven't played in months. And this from a guy who has been playing more or less non-stop since Warbirds beta, then AH beta.

I'm not gonna go into it much, suffice it to say I think splitting the arenas was a bad idea. I loved the huge furballs, I wanted to see 1000+ people in one arena. Now it sounds like that vision will never be fulfilled.

Never the less, I wish HTC all the best and I hope to play TOD when it comes out in two weeks ;p

All

Originally posted by Howitzer
No complaining, no demands, just haven't flown in quite a while and have just lost interest in this game.  I will still be around the forums, and winter is coming, so who knows, maybe I'll come back for a bit, but just doesn't interest me currently.  

Besides, might be fun to try and reclaim the 7000 perks again.. =)

Hope you all take care, and shoot down hub a few hundered times for me...

These are the only offending posts I could find on the first few pages.  Interesting, all of them seem pretty polite, all of them the community and thank HTC, and interestingly enough, ALL of the are met with the same band-waggon "Don't let the door hit you" sheep.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 08:28:58 AM »
falc... don't you allready have like 90 or so guys to order around and nanny?   Isn't that enough for you?

I see what toad sees... the whiney crybabies get the "don't let the door hit you on the way out" and the oldtimers that leave without whining get a "see ya, will miss ya... come back soon"

Your spin is just crap.  An excuse for seeming moral superiority.

hell.. the whiners were probly all old relaxed realism guys anyway.

The arenas are getting better... everyone is getting what they want..  You aren't helping.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 11:37:11 AM »
"The arenas are getting better... everyone is getting what they want.."

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 11:48:58 AM »
Originally posted by RELIC
"The arenas are getting better... everyone is getting what they want.."

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Hard to argue it when HTC has already said subscription numbers have actually INCREASED since the changes. If people weren't happy, they'd decrease.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 11:58:33 AM »
If you post a crying, whine-spewing goodbye in a public forum, you're gonna get some flak.  Always been that was here, always will.

Toad pretty much nailed it.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 12:14:38 PM »
Oh and see Filth's goodbye post to see an example of a classy one where no one starts slinging mud.