Author Topic: Time to be adults again  (Read 1935 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Time to be adults again
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2006, 03:49:49 PM »
My apologies to the ladies!  Thx Sketch for the reminder.:D  Still waiting for a squad or two to answer my challenge for Monday nite.  Don't be skeered.  I don't bite (but I do pinch nipples!)
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2006, 04:28:51 PM »
*covers chest and eyes ranger with suspicion

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2006, 07:21:31 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
Don't bother talking to megadud, he's not a real person. It's not like he has feelings or anything.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I  Hate You :mad:

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2006, 09:34:27 AM »
By being adults... does that mean that we will try to make things better?   that we will switch sides when it will make gameplay better and more fair fights?   At least in a furball?

I mean..... not much of a furball or an adult way to play if one side is unwilling to switch to help the gameplay in the fight right?

Otherwise... them being there just makes things worse.   adds to the animosity and keeps gameplay unfair...  I am not talking overall numbers either... furballs don't have anything to do with country numbers... it is local numbers that count.

Mature adults realize this and if they want to act like mature adults they switch sides.   In some arenas like the late war.... who cares?  it is pretty much a slum anyway... no need to switch...allmost everyone there is looking to have the biggest advantage they can get and cause the most grief they can but..

If you really want to get into the "spirit" of the thing in the early war then you would need to act like an adult and switch when required for good gameplay...

otherwise... it would just add to the problem... that is not what adults do right?

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2006, 10:29:32 AM »
I will Lazs. I do, and will continue to-

1)Switch sides as needed to balance numbers(unless 2of3 countries arent fighting each other).
2)Refuse to participate in uneven fights (not attack the con with 2 or more Bogeys on him already, unless I know its someone I really want to kill).
3)Refuse to participate in a whorde.
4)Try to rally counter measures for incoming whordes.
5)Refrain from flying EZ mode rides.
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2006, 10:54:29 AM »
then.. you aren't part of the problem are you?

But... you aren't the one I was talking to.

lazs

Offline Amigo

• Zinc Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2006, 02:13:58 PM »
Originally posted by Atoon
I will Lazs. I do, and will continue to-

1)Switch sides as needed to balance numbers(unless 2of3 countries arent fighting each other).
2)Refuse to participate in uneven fights (not attack the con with 2 or more Bogeys on him already, unless I know its someone I really want to kill).
3)Refuse to participate in a whorde.
4)Try to rally counter measures for incoming whordes.
5)Refrain from flying EZ mode rides.

And I shall vow to continue to:

1) Never switch sides.  I like my squaddies and alliance, and I will never be the one accused of spying.
2) Refuse to participate in uneven fights when I'm at the disadvantage.  I will vow to look for and create uneven fights where victory is assured.  Sorta kinda like real combat pilots do.
3) Never refuse an opportunity to join the horde, for this is most fun!
4) Try to rally counter hordes for the hordes, then go out-horde them at their own horde base.
5) Refrarin from EZ mode rides when I'm needing Perk points, and use them when my Horde needs a win.

S!

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2006, 08:16:57 PM »
Ok it's been 2 days, lets start ragging on the Bop's agin:furious
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2006, 10:54:18 PM »
You mean that ding dang be-bop music is back again? Dang whippersnappers!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2006, 12:07:08 PM »
amigo.... you are not a real fighter pilot and this is not a real war.... it doesn't even try to simulate one... it is a simulation of WWII aircraft and vehicles..  

There is nothing about it that is like any war ever...  What you wish to simulate tho is the very worst aspects of war... the reasons war is not a game and is no fun.

Games are made to be fun.   War is not.

lazs

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2006, 02:06:30 PM »
i would think people who want to simulate a real war would also what to simulate valor not assured victory.  but wth do i know.  like in ww2 no battles were fought where victory was assured.  it's even easier to be brave in a game...heck it might even be fun.  and if you are fighting a battle that you are assured to win, why should anyone think you are good at what you do?  if a "normal" person goes to the special olympics and wins, does that make him as good as "normal" olympian?  If the United States invaded and captured barbados would the world stop and say "wow, now that is an impressive feat!"
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
Time to be adults again
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2006, 01:53:12 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Despite the fact that you both acted like complete asses, I laud your efforts to be constructive instead of insulting. Change is often good.

"acted like complete asses"   I did?

wasn't sure:confused:

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2006, 03:39:35 PM »
Originally posted by MOIL
"acted like complete asses"   I did?

wasn't sure:confused:

No, not you moil. While you do have an obvious and disturbing obsession with wirbelwinds, I wouldn't call you an ass. At least not where you can read it. ;)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2006, 06:43:55 PM »
My view of the rules of the forum:

I say remove all the rules and let God sort em out. :p

P.S. I think you should be able to say whatever you want, doesn't hurt my feelings. Sometimes it seems like HTC is trying to be the forum's mom....just saying.  :rolleyes:

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2006, 09:25:55 AM »
pluck put the difference between a war and a game perfectly but still... many will pretend they don't see it.

" would think people who want to simulate a real war would also what to simulate valor not assured victory. but wth do i know. like in ww2 no battles were fought where victory was assured. it's even easier to be brave in a game...heck it might even be fun. and if you are fighting a battle that you are assured to win, why should anyone think you are good at what you do? if a "normal" person goes to the special olympics and wins, does that make him as good as "normal" olympian? If the United States invaded and captured barbados would the world stop and say "wow, now that is an impressive feat!"

lazs