Author Topic: Time to be adults again  (Read 1936 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Time to be adults again
« on: October 25, 2006, 10:53:13 PM »
Look at all the threads in this forum.  I am ashamed of us.  I'm also VERY ashamed that I bit and took part in it.  We got to rant & rave & play intardnet tough guys & know-it-alls, but now it's time to grow up.  I am begging this community to cease fire and just....let it go.  No one has changed their stance on the issues and y'all know as well as I do they (I) are not gonna.  We could go on forever with the back and forth slams.  For what?  Why?  It helps...?  Can y'all imagine what someone comin' to the boards for the first time thinks of us?  If I'd read all these kinds of threads before I subscribed, well, I wouldn't have.  I'd just be thinking "What a bunch of , no thanks".  
       To HT & crew, I apologize for the way these boards are making the game look.  Hopefully everyone will start new, constructive threads that will push these useless, venom spitting threads back into the depths of oblivion where they belong.
      To Laz, Hubs, Storch, Guppy & the rest: though we do not agree (at all), I'm glad that you guys care so much about how the game goes and it's good to see people stand up for what they believe in, even in a game forum.  I'm sorry that the two sides can't stop the name calling and meet in the middle.
       Well ladies & germs, I am willing to meet in the middle.  I will fly with my squad doing our strat/base capture thing in LW/MW, but will start spending a lot more time in EW, trying the pure fighter way of playing.  I love to furball, I just don't like the way the pure-furballers talk to people, and that has really turned me against them.  It's gotta start somewhere.
     In closing, I'd like to end this with the slogan of the US Army Infantry School: "Follow me!"  <> to the ENTIRE community.

Rainja
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
Time to be adults again
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 11:00:12 PM »
I'd like to tag along, all I can offer is an old timer that enjoys playing the game (most of the time), a so-so has been last place 1/2witted squad and a positive attitude.:aok

Hope it helps

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 11:11:08 PM »
yeah!!!!!!!--------good call ranger!!!---------but i still think we (including myself)--could all sink a little deeper if we really tried!!  -----the forum has gotten just a little outta control lately------my temper got the best of me more than once-----i won,t apologize for it ----but i certainly will stop it!!--i hope i,m not alone .---your buddy Boner!!!~!
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Time to be adults again
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 11:35:03 PM »
Thank you fellas. Seriously.  MOIL, I'll take ya up on that.  I've always had the utmost respect for the LTARs.  Matter of fact, if I hadn't been a BoP, you guys would have been the squad for me.  I'll make another compromise/effort.  Is there any large squad (or a couple smaller ones) that would like to face off against the BoPs on Monday nite 9-11pm EST for our squad nite?  I'm talkin people who want to have a good ol' fashioned brawl, but have a real good time doin' it (like lots of s & gf's on ch. 200).  I think it'd be a blast and good for the community.  Any takers?  Come get some turds!! :D
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 11:45:24 PM »
Well being new to the boards myself I can say that I agree with you Ranger....

You dont (and after reading so many of these posts) wont ever agree...

I give you Ranger a hardy <<>>

for posting one of the bests posts Ive read so far!!!!!

It only makes sense to me but time will tell

Can this board survive without :cry

and :furious  and :mad:

I hope so and I guess now we will see

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 12:05:21 AM »
<> Great Post.  I have also stopped posting in regard to gameplay, realizing I am not going to change anyones mind or opinion. I dont currently have the time to perfect my own H2H arena, so I'm just gonna ride the tide for a bit & see which dust settles first.

Till then, I have 3-4 arenas to find a respectable fight in. I have been able to do so 5 outta 6 times, which is a huge increase compared to old MA.

I have said it before and its worth repeating-"AH just sets up the game, its up to us how it gets played":aok
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 12:16:32 AM »
I'm sorry. I love you man. Can I have your beer? No? Fugoff you #@#%&*@!

:D

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 12:23:17 AM »
The goal has to be to get folks to play better together.  It isn't about being on one side or the other.  We need to do something as a group to make the game fun for all.

More power to ya for looking at it that way :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 12:40:18 AM »
lets all hold hands and sing coombeyea :huh :eek: :confused: :D

what's wrong with a healthy debate?

The aces high world isn't perfect so arguements will happen. Good luck with trying though pally :aok

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 12:55:28 AM »
Originally posted by MOIL
I'd like to tag along, all I can offer is an old timer that enjoys playing the game (most of the time), a so-so has been last place 1/2witted squad and a positive attitude.:aok

Hope it helps

:aok

hap

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 02:30:45 AM »
Despite the fact that you both acted like complete asses, I laud your efforts to be constructive instead of insulting. Change is often good.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Time to be adults again
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 02:32:26 AM »
They are all "Internet Tough Guys" Ranger.... we can take them! We will just unplug thier controller when the fight starts! :D
As for me, 12 days and a wake up will I hit the states, then we will get to fight a bit more when I am in a better time zone.  I am with you and MOIL on this... just don't let MOIL in an Osty... :noid
Will be up this weekend some Ranger, hopefully will see you then!
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Time to be adults again
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 03:45:31 AM »
Originally posted by megadud

what's wrong with a healthy debate?

Nothing.

But whats been going on these boards lately has been neither a debate nor healthy.....
21 is only half the truth.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 07:08:29 AM »
Don't bother talking to megadud, he's not a real person. It's not like he has feelings or anything.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Free

• Zinc Member
Time to be adults again
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 07:14:36 AM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:52:43 AM by hitech »