Author Topic: Team Zeke - Pearl Harbor Scenario  (Read 2322 times)

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Team Zeke - Pearl Harbor Scenario
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2006, 12:38:21 AM »
Does this mean you need to be on the inside to get the choice slots for upcoming event?

It means, show your stuff.

There is no "inside"  Doobs, Jordi and Bodhi are Recruiting.  Convince them.

Slots left over, if there are any, will be filled by public registration.  This way, those that are actively interested in commitment will put forth a effort that will show positive results in the event.  Those waiting until the last minute to just sign up might get passed over.  It's all about commitment and positive attitude.

This is going to be an aggressive event.  So be aggressive.  "I" am not the one who is going to decide who is accepted on a team.  I'm just making suggestions as to who is going to get attention. These teams are going to win or lose on their ability, the leadership on these teams just "might" be a bit picky.  We are giving them that flexibility.  I will support 100% their request to have players attend or not.  They are putting a great deal of time and energy into building a winning team, I'll back them fully on their decisions.  These guys are going to Recruit and Build A Winning Team, it's not an event for the casual.  

The goal for this event is Participation.  Participation means more than just showing up T-5.   This event wont work if players are expecting to register, disappear, then show up frame 1 asking where they should go. That's not fair to those who have put 6+ months into building this, or the team that is going to put multiple weeks into training and practices.  Expect to be grilled, drilled and ran through the wringer by the COs that are heading up this event.  Don't bother if you don't want to invest at that level.  That's just my humble suggestion, again, talk to the respective COs, they "might" have different conditions.  Knowing who they are, however, I doubt it.

zorstorer, you have a great rep in here, no slight against you, this is simply an explanation.  This won't be the typical event, this is going to be a test of wills, and it's a No Excuse, No Complaint Win or Lose on Merit alone.  These team leaders have a team to Build, pure and simple.

I would make a subtle suggestion.  Spend the time typing out a reason that the COs of the team you want to be on should chose you.  Actions speak louder than words.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2006, 12:57:54 AM »
Originally posted by ROC
It means, show your stuff.

There is no "inside"  Doobs, Jordi and Bodhi are Recruiting.  Convince them.

Slots left over, if there are any, will be filled by public registration.  This way, those that are actively interested in commitment will put forth a effort that will show positive results in the event.  Those waiting until the last minute to just sign up might get passed over.  It's all about commitment and positive attitude.

This is going to be an aggressive event.  So be aggressive.  "I" am not the one who is going to decide who is accepted on a team.  I'm just making suggestions as to who is going to get attention. These teams are going to win or lose on their ability, the leadership on these teams just "might" be a bit picky.  We are giving them that flexibility.  I will support 100% their request to have players attend or not.  They are putting a great deal of time and energy into building a winning team, I'll back them fully on their decisions.  These guys are going to Recruit and Build A Winning Team, it's not an event for the casual.  

The goal for this event is Participation.  Participation means more than just showing up T-5.   This event wont work if players are expecting to register, disappear, then show up frame 1 asking where they should go. That's not fair to those who have put 6+ months into building this, or the team that is going to put multiple weeks into training and practices.  Expect to be grilled, drilled and ran through the wringer by the COs that are heading up this event.  Don't bother if you don't want to invest at that level.  That's just my humble suggestion, again, talk to the respective COs, they "might" have different conditions.  Knowing who they are, however, I doubt it.

zorstorer, you have a great rep in here, no slight against you, this is simply an explanation.  This won't be the typical event, this is going to be a test of wills, and it's a No Excuse, No Complaint Win or Lose on Merit alone.  These team leaders have a team to Build, pure and simple.

I would make a subtle suggestion.  Spend the time typing out a reason that the COs of the team you want to be on should chose you.  Actions speak louder than words.

CC didn't know there was a change in philosphy about recruitment.

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2006, 01:43:50 AM »
:D

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2006, 06:30:28 AM »
Since I was hoping to get a Zeke for this frame I'll throw my name in here.

DaPup is the name on all 3

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2006, 07:12:30 AM »
hell i'll do it, should be fun :)

Biggles ingame and on ahevents.org

Major Biggles on BBS

this is providing i don't have to ride with superdud of course, i might catch something :eek:

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2006, 09:07:13 AM »
Ya.. ah kin do Zeke :)

Ingame Name: GrayEagl

BBS Handle: GE

Scenario Events Page Sign in Name: Grayeagle

Already in the 'Damned' .. have been for decades, preciate the invite but no, thanks.

-GE (go ahead, put me in a Zeke over Pearl, Dec 7th, 1941. I dare ya.)
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2006, 09:36:58 AM »
bb name: indy007
game id: ndy
event reg name: indy007

Already reg'd to team zeke. It's my choice EW/MW ride.

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Re: Team Zeke - Pearl Harbor Scenario
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2006, 11:07:27 AM »
Ingame Name:  SKFGAlpo

BBS Handle:  Alpo

Scenario Events Page Sign in Name:  Alpo

Ah... Team Zeke, those were the days.  I have always wondered what happened to that one walkon guy who drove his Val straight to Pearl that first frame in AW and tripped the alarm bells.  It's probably just me, but I'm betting he plays WoW now (ie. Leeroy Jenkins) :aok
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 11:26:58 AM »
We are currently approaching the max quota of 50 pilots for Team Zeke.  You will be notified via PM with your acceptance into Team Zeke.

If you are still interested, we will be taking applications for Team Zeke through tomorrow evening.  A published rostor may follow, or we may keep it a secret.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2006, 12:12:06 PM »
If there is going to be a stronger interest in this event than our minimum design established, we can expand the roster.

We are looking at 100/100 for primary teams, and 50 Team Zeke.

This event is designed to be expanded if needed.  I Hope that is the case :)
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2006, 02:01:29 PM »
Bohdi, I'm interested

FBBone for all sign ins/names

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2006, 04:30:06 PM »
In game: SKJohn
BBS: SKJohn
AH Event: SKJohn

Offline cbizkit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2006, 05:37:42 PM »
cbizkit, cbizkit, cbizkit

(Strangely enough I find myself saying this aloud while flying too.. no I don't have an ego. Why do you ask??)
biz
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline Gunslngr

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.skbg.org
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2006, 09:56:57 PM »
In Game name Skgnslgr

AH Events Skgnslgr

BBS name Gunslngr

Veteran of AW Team Zeke!

Ready, willing and able ;)

P.S, am not an alcoholic yet but willing to learn.

Offline eh

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2006, 01:02:00 AM »
I flew for years in this scenario when it was an AW event... always enjoyed flying and training with Team Jordi, and Jordi was also my squad CO back then. So I looked forward to this scenario very much, knowing that Jordi's involvement would make it a GREAT event.

But if its an invited event, forget it. Although I have a better than fair AH record in Fighters and dive bombers, I am certainly not in any "in crowd" and so I stand no chance of being invited, despite years of experience, particularly with this scenario.  The vein of elitism and exclusivity in this scenario is noticeable and objectionable to me. You have to be recognized as being worthy. By whom? By whose standards? And who was it that decided that any squad could be so superior to any others that they get to fly the best fighters in the scenario for all four frames?

Exclusivity always divides, and never unites. There are lots of talented and experienced "pilots" out there who would probably love to play but who would never be invited. It's too bad, and sets a bad precedent, especially for any desired feeling of "community".

I was really looking forward to this scenario, but I refuse to beg for a slot in it, and I hope that any other self-respecting pilot would do the same. I can imagine all the flames that I am going to get because of this post, but, to paraphrase the words of that great sage, Eric Cartman: "Screw you guys, I'm staying home".

eh?