Author Topic: Team Zeke - Pearl Harbor Scenario  (Read 2321 times)

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Team Zeke - Pearl Harbor Scenario
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2006, 06:03:47 PM »
Originally posted by SKJohn
In game: SKJohn
BBS: SKJohn
AH Event: SKJohn

Reads, writes, and speaks Japanese so is able to provide authentic sounding background comments during the fighting, as well as teaching other team members how to say dirty words in Japanese . . .

A non-drinker, but willing to be the designated driver (pilot?) for the return flight home whle everybody else celebrates! :D

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2006, 06:06:55 PM »
as well as teaching other team members how to say dirty words in Japanese . . .

allright, you da man!!

44MAG

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2006, 06:18:52 PM »
Reads, writes, and speaks Japanese so is able to provide authentic sounding background comments during the fighting, as well as teaching other team members how to say dirty words in Japanese . . .

A non-drinker, but willing to be the designated driver (pilot?) for the return flight home whle everybody else celebrates! :D

What more do we need? ;)

Offline DarkHawk

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2006, 07:12:13 PM »
game ID = Dhawk
BBS  = DarkHawk
events =  DarkHawk
49DHawk
XO for BOWL (DHawk)

Offline nturbiz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2006, 07:32:21 PM »
MA ID:  beddog

BB ID:   nturbiz

squad:  crazy diamonds

I'm in guys...  Looking forward to flying with yas...:)

Offline eh

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2006, 11:23:39 PM »
(1) I wasn't complaining for the sake of complaining but I may have misinterpreted what you were trying to accomplish (more on that below). Furthermore, I have been in enough scenarios to know how difficult it is when guys don't show up for practise, and arrive late (if they arrive at all) for a frame, demanding to be brought up to speed. That's hell for the managers, COs and XOs. Been there and had to cope with that, so I am fully sympathetic.
   Here is what I suggest to get around that problem: before the first frame starts, there are 2, preferably 3 practises. If a player misses a practise and has no valid excuse, he doesn't fly in any of the frames, and someone else is drafted from a pool to fill his slot. There are practises for all the remaining frames, and anyone who misses one of those is out for the rest of the event, because the practices are deemed as important as the event itself. Same rules for everyone, no matter their reputation in Aces High.  Even newbies can appreciate that rule, and it might avoid anyone (like me) misinterpreting the current selection process as being elitist.

(2) Here is how I may have misinterpreted the recruitment process as elitist. It looked, from what I had read, that this was an event recruited first by invitation only. That meant that some group was creating a list of good sticks who were known to them, and this old boy network was determining who would get invited. Any invitations that were declined became open, but players would have to compete for the slot by applying, record of some sort in hand, for permission to fly with the preselected elect.  Any slots not filled after this would be for walkons ... the equivalent of scraps from the table. I came to this interpretation of the process from reading bodhi's initial post, and ROC's post on the same topic. Please guys... ONE CLEAR statement of the process that is agreed upon by all the managers of the event needs to be posted before more players put their own stamp on what you intend.

(3) If I am wrong about the recruitment process in Number 2, then I apologize for my accusations. If I am right, then my judgement stands.

(4) Will I sign up now? Nah, I think that I have ruffled too many feathers and annoyed too many folks to feel comfortable. It's too bad, but that's the way it is. Besides, megadud is right. I smell.

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2006, 11:53:07 PM »
eh, if I were sobr enough to give any kind of reply I would but the bottom line is,

You can fly on my side, no feathers ruffled, only because I don't have feathers, don't think so anyway.
can always use a vet scenario guy:aok

kfjfjddhh
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline eh

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2006, 12:22:53 AM »
Thanks doobs. I will fly for you. But I still smell. And some would say, I even stink, especially when it comes to my performance in scenarios.

But scotch cures all. Is the sign up page open?

EDIT:  It is, and I registered. My love for this scenario overrode my misgivings (about myself).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 12:44:12 AM by eh »

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2006, 09:20:46 AM »
eh, you still don't get it ;)

You Didn't ruffle any feathers.  By your very interest in even bothering to discuss conditions, by your ability to push your viewpoint, to clarify your statement, by even bothering to pay attention to what is going on puts you as the Poster Boy for the "Elitist Snob" participants we are looking to recruit in the first place :D

The game wouldn't be worth playing if you didn't care about how it was played.

Glad you are joining the event.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2006, 09:22:32 AM »
morning sunshine just get up ya left coaster.
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2006, 09:28:53 AM »
Last night I upped a Zeke in MW...

and promptly cherry picked Bodhi...

I claimed I was practicing. :noid

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2006, 10:11:57 AM »
LMAO Indy!!  Well Done :rofl
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2006, 01:01:56 AM »
Not sure if it has been mentioned here or not, but registration for Pearl is open, and folks are welcome to register.  There are plenty of positions open for all.

http://ahevents.org/site/component/option,com_staticxt/Itemid,165/

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2006, 01:13:37 AM »
If we joined Team Zeke are we registered or do we have to do it ourselves?

EDIT- Just checked...I registered.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 01:19:00 AM by FiLtH »

~AoM~

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2006, 11:33:07 AM »
I will ave everyone on the list manually registered.  

Waiting for a Forum to open now.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.