Author Topic: MS Sidewinder Precision Pro, no throttle  (Read 576 times)

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
MS Sidewinder Precision Pro, no throttle
« on: February 16, 2000, 08:20:00 AM »
I have been playing AH for a while now, and after this latest update, I cannot my controls to work again......all the control surfaces move, but the throttle is useless....I even tried advancing the throttle with the keyboard, and while the guage indicated a change in engine speed, nothing else worked.
I am puzzled as to what might have gone wrong.....I love AH, but it is unplayable at this time with my joystick behaving this way.  Anyone have any ideas?

------------------
eddiek
ASSASSINS

Offline ygsmilo

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2000, 11:32:00 AM »
Wheeler Texas,
I did not even think you folks had telephones down there!!!!! ( I trade a lot of grain down into that area)

I was having a lot of trouble with my MS stick and went out and got a Logictech 3D stick, At around $35 it was a good buy.  You still you have rudder control w/twist handle and stick gives you very good control and the best thing is I have had no problems with it at all.

Milo

Offline Phantom121

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2000, 12:46:00 PM »
I have MS Precision Pro - I have no problems with it.  May need to delete stick cfg file int he aces directory or reinstall aces.

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2000, 10:18:00 AM »
Is it the game port (15pin) or the USB version? My throttle died in all games until I installed DX7.0a    
Good luck m8

JimBear
VMF111 =Devil Dogs=

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2000, 04:39:00 PM »
I too use the M$ Precision Pro.  I got it last year to replace a M$ Sidewinder 3d pro that stopped working.  When I first hooked up the P pro, the rudder and throttle both didn't work.  I thought this was odd, so I rebooted, and recalibrated in windows and AH, and voila, problem solved.  You might try recalibrating a few times, and if this doesn't work, reinstall AH and reboot.  (BTW: Dx7.0a is better for many reasons, stopped the annoying stick spikes that I used to get.)  Also, make sure you have sidewinder 3.01 drivers.)
(I'm using the USB connection option myself.  My sound card does not seem to like digital sticks.)

Hope you get it working, just keep trying.

bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2000, 06:38:00 PM »
Also be aware that there is a bug in the Windows calibration routine that botches up your settings if you immediately test after calibrating.  After calibrating, close out the joystick screen completely, don't open the test page.  After you've closed it out, you can reopen it and go to the test page to test it.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

"If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid."