Author Topic: american homeing bullets  (Read 1644 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
american homeing bullets
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2001, 07:57:00 PM »
I agree with Creamo.  OMG Did I just say that?????   :D

The 190D9 engine easily dies from hits at  6OC even from 500-800 yards long range shots.

This is a bug.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
american homeing bullets
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2001, 09:31:00 PM »
see when we stop accusing each other of having an alterior motive eg Luft waffe worship    :) we do get along    :)

i agree so far with all statements.
one other id like to add is the zero seems to take a fair bit of damage but im not sure if the zero we have is the one with added armour.from what i read the zeros had almost no armour and no self sealing tanks so they burned and exploded a lot.Is ours(AHs) like the real thing?
the NIK however was apparently quite well armoured and had the first self sealing fuel tanks the japs used i believe, so after reading a bit more about the NIK i think maybe its as tough as it should be.It certainly seems to take a lot of hits when i get them.

P.S. try this out if you can as im TOTALLY not sure but after testing the P51b i found this.......

if i hit someone at 300 yards wth a large burst sometimes there was no damage whatsoever however when i was spraying in the hope of turning a fast egressing enemy from his 6 i sometimes hit at 700-900 and a single sprite hit took wings off and killed engines.
i will test same on the 190a8s Mgs also..

could we go test in training or something to help give HTC some hard data and films?

[ 08-26-2001: Message edited by: hazed- ]

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
american homeing bullets
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2001, 08:18:00 AM »
One other thing about the real 190A planes.  they were fuel injected and any hit to a cylinder or fuel line or pump or whatever would cause fuel under relatively high pressuer to spray all over the hot engine.   Also... The armor on the cowl protected (to a small extent) the badly disigned circular oil cooler but acted as a "funnel" for bullets from the rear!  So maybe.. HT is doing it right.

Also, to fifties... The P38 does indeed have a glass tail.   The nik is aromored as were later zekes but in no way should they be as tough as say an F6 or Hog and not in the ballpark with a P47.   109's were very compact and should be very vulnerable to fifties.

I don't think enough things are modeled in the damage model yet.   The smaller planes are pretty compact and should be very vulnerable to API type bullets.  Pretty hard to miss something vital.
lazs

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
american homeing bullets
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2001, 10:00:00 AM »
You mean to tell me none of you all have ever heard of the “good-guy-bullet”.  Hmmm, you see the good-guy-bullet is always true, can turn corners, and has a higher degree of damage.  All allied planes are loaded with good-guy-bullets as a standard practice.

All Axis planes are loaded with, you guessed it, “bad-guy-bullets”.  Bad-guy-bullets do not fire true, do not turn corners, and will only inflict a great deal of damage when nearly sitting in the cockpit of the good-guy aircraft.

Good luck.  I have it on high authority though that the good-guy/bad-guy bullet load out is not going to change any time soon.  :D

Zippatuh

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
american homeing bullets
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2001, 11:02:00 AM »
BMW801s continue running with several cylinders completly shot off, they also run well enough when on fire . At least the ones JG26 planes Ive read about do.  

Maybe the engine isnt an USA redmeat eating R2800 in toughness, but its no gentle fragile thing that many guys here want see it as.

The current one ping engine death on the 190A/D and P38 are clearly bugs. HTC has been informed of this and said they were to take action and check over all the planes in release 108.  Thats good enough for me!

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
american homeing bullets
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2001, 11:13:00 AM »
"Did any Tiffie or Yak driver noticed , that about 5 bullets from .50 cal from dist. over 700 yards into your TAIL will take out your ENGINE,RADIATOR ? "

Yak? No. Tiffie? Yes. But from my many months in the Yak I have found if the enemy gets hits on me the Yak can absorb a good amount of damage.

Then again if an enemy is 700 in my rear view he's probably 300-400 in actuality (due to net lag) and any shots he lands is gonna hurt.

Truth is, if they're that close on your tail  then one ping shots or a massive concentration isn't going matter much as the ending is going to be the same.  

That being said, IMO, the P-38, 190's and the Tiffie do have some pretty weak damage areas that I hope get some review.

Westy

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
american homeing bullets
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2001, 12:07:00 PM »
Heh the 1 ping engine dead stuff is really annoying  :)

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
american homeing bullets
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2001, 01:49:00 PM »
Its much easy to kill Yak 9U or Tiffie by .50 cal then by Cannons ! this is fact.
 :rolleyes:
Tell Us PYRO what do you think about it. Thanks

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
american homeing bullets
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2001, 01:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by EagleC:
Its much easy to kill Yak 9U or Tiffie by .50 cal then by Cannons ! this is fact.

Interesting.. myth more like.

It's easier to kill anything with cannons over .50s.

Of course your relative experience versus mine is much greater, so I will go by what you say EagleC............... <end sarcasm>

They only come out when I go away for a few days.
-SW

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
american homeing bullets
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2001, 02:19:00 PM »
grun... I agree.  The wussy little 14 cyl BMW engine should not quit running with one cyl shot off (they had multichambered fuel pumps) .... I didn't say it should but it should catch fire.   They will run for a while on fire but I wouldn't want to be in one at the time.

cannon planes kill everything better in AH than   fifty equipped planes in my experiance and by a large margin.  It is however easier to get hits (how shocking) with 6 or 8 fifties than 2 or 4 cannon.

If you look at ballistic tables you will see the difference between "good guy" bullets and  "bad guy" (better known as.... "the losers") bullets is quite large and unfavorable to the  "bad guys" so long as the "bad guys are germany and not the japs soooo....  for those of us who can read, It is indeed good news that this will not change in AH anytime soon.
lazs

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
american homeing bullets
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2001, 06:42:00 AM »
well reason for .50 are most "deadly" that Cannons is that 2-3 pings from CAN will take out some part  of your plane but not engine. .50 Cal will take out engine mostly.... i mostly go down when some spraying slow pony hit me from back about 700-800 yards, when im faster and going away from him.
 :rolleyes:

Orel

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
american homeing bullets
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2001, 07:37:00 AM »
700 yds on your FE means he was actually anywhere from 300-500 yds behind you...reasonable if you ask me.

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
american homeing bullets
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2001, 08:01:00 AM »
I have hit other planes (trying to get them off a buddy or trying to make them turn) at up to 1,000 yards with 6 fifties.   I hit them pretty easily from 600 if they are not moving at all.  I have yet to do any damage tho at anything past 700 or so that I can recall.   fifties should still have plenty of energy to take out an engine (especially a water cooled one) or radiator at 1,000 yards but in AH this is only modeled on the buff guns.
lazs

Offline zapkin

• Copper Member
american homeing bullets
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2001, 08:12:00 AM »
oh...its a conspiracy...we americans is evil!

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
american homeing bullets
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2001, 05:50:00 AM »
Lazer ???

So you think, that kill engine,radiator from 6 OC is quite OK ?  :D