Author Topic: <<S>> Simaril  (Read 3129 times)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
<<S>> Simaril
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 08:33:17 AM »
Calling someone a griefer just because they happened to enjoy playing their game their way is IMO over the top.

The fact remains is that if its in the game, and can be destroyed, it will be destroyed. Thats not griefing, thats playing the game your way. You really think that everyone that goes to kill a CV has the intent to tick you off? To do away with your furball?

If its a furball your looking for its really not that hard to start one. All it takes is a little bit of communication, and a few like minded players.

But complaining every time someone happens to interrupt YOUR fun with THEIR fun is simply wrong  Talk about beating on a dead horse.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
<<S>> Simaril
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 09:03:12 AM »
Originally posted by Sweet2th
This is just a suggestion here and keep in mind i enjoy furballing, base capture, and Raping Bombers and i try to do all of those things when i log into an arena for the period of time i am there.

Did you ever think Slapshot that they do those things you mentioned just because they wanna hear you cry about it?I mean it's way obvious that someone will run to the BBs to chastise the players for doing it and maybe, just maybe that's what they want.

Here's an idea, you organized the first fighting area right? just go arrange another fight somewhere else.Go open a H2H room and furball in there where you can control the arena.

But no you'll prolly just post something Idioto to what i have typed and add a Gay little Emodcon.

Here's an idea, this area doesn't affect H2H players.   You have your own little forum.   Be gone swine.   You can't handle the bigger playground, so you just keep playing four-square and pink elephant.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
<<S>> Simaril
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 09:49:10 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Calling someone a griefer just because they happened to enjoy playing their game their way is IMO over the top.

The fact remains is that if its in the game, and can be destroyed, it will be destroyed. Thats not griefing, thats playing the game your way. You really think that everyone that goes to kill a CV has the intent to tick you off? To do away with your furball?

If its a furball your looking for its really not that hard to start one. All it takes is a little bit of communication, and a few like minded players.

But complaining every time someone happens to interrupt YOUR fun with THEIR fun is simply wrong  Talk about beating on a dead horse.

If its a furball your looking for its really not that hard to start one.

That is exactly what Mars01 and I did. The EW had about 30 people in it and nothing was going on. We had a CV near a rook base, so we up and get on 200 and ask if anybody wanted to fight.

Simaril was on our side, but decided to switch so that he could fight Mars and I. We conversed over 200 saying that we will do 1 v 1s and not gang him. Then a couple of other guys joined us and we explained to them over range vox what the rules were ...

We were looking for 1 v 1 or 2 v 2.

No engaging a fight if there is already a 1 v 1 going on.

We were not here to take the base ... just have some fair fights.

Simaril did the same on the rooks side as rooks joined in the fight.

Things were going along just fine ... decent 1 v 1s ... some 2 v 2 s ... but all in all we had a controlled furball and everyone on both sides was having fun and mind you ... there were NO LVTs IN THE WATER and NO ONE WAS TAKING DOWN THE TOWN. Mars and I made sure of that. Had they started lauching LVTs ... then all bets are off ... sink the bloody CV for all I care.

Despite all the communications between all involved ... some decided that what we had set up was something that need to be ended and the rest is history and I will quote my first post which it appears that you didn't read.

And the reason for sinking the CV ...

When asked why it was done because we were just having 1 v 1 , 2 v 2 and various other combinations of fights with no LVTs in the water ... the response was ...

"You do 1 v 1 ... I sink CVs" ... yup ... Strat griefer watermelon at its highest.

If it quacks like a griefer ... it's a griefer.

Ghosth ... this was way beyond doing what one likes ... it was total disregard for what others had setup and arranged ... no finer case of griefing than this.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 09:55:20 AM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
<<S>> Simaril
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 10:00:47 AM »
Hate to hijack the thread back to its supposed topic...

But thanks! I thoroughly enjoyed myself, though generally the sorties ended with my being handed a variety of body parts. And despite their BBS reputation, these BKs were a fun bunch to fly against (as long as you didnt care about dying to the patented aim-bot). Mars even shared a few tips.

I'd do it again in a hearbeat...but for the guys who measure themselves by scores, it would have been frustrating without an easy target in the sky. So, I wouldnt be surprised if the CV killer had been killed himself a few times.

And as for the rest:

Well, lets be honest. That fight environment lasted a good while. During the time it lasted, the guys around me worked to keep it alive -- asking bombers to not hit, asking ack guys to up a plane instead, reminding people to let 1v1s go.  I imagine the CV side did the same, and kept the LVT people informed.  Even die-hard strat players respected those requests for a good long while.

I'd consider that a rousing success, and even though the carrier eventually went down I'd argue that the episode shows less of a problem, and more that we CAN work together most of the time.

BTW --  it isnt as simple as "jsut organise another one." A CV near offshore is a unique dogfight environment because the flight times are so short.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
<<S>> Simaril
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 10:29:51 AM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Hate to hijack the thread back to its supposed topic...

But thanks! I thoroughly enjoyed myself, though generally the sorties ended with my being handed a variety of body parts. And despite their BBS reputation, these BKs were a fun bunch to fly against (as long as you didnt care about dying to the patented aim-bot). Mars even shared a few tips.

I'd do it again in a hearbeat...but for the guys who measure themselves by scores, it would have been frustrating without an easy target in the sky. So, I wouldnt be surprised if the CV killer had been killed himself a few times.

And as for the rest:

Well, lets be honest. That fight environment lasted a good while. During the time it lasted, the guys around me worked to keep it alive -- asking bombers to not hit, asking ack guys to up a plane instead, reminding people to let 1v1s go.  I imagine the CV side did the same, and kept the LVT people informed.  Even die-hard strat players respected those requests for a good long while.

I'd consider that a rousing success, and even though the carrier eventually went down I'd argue that the episode shows less of a problem, and more that we CAN work together most of the time.

BTW --  it isnt as simple as "jsut organise another one." A CV near offshore is a unique dogfight environment because the flight times are so short.

Yes it was a success ... just a shame that it had to end under those circumstances.

So, I wouldnt be surprised if the CV killer had been killed himself a few times.

As a matter of fact ... it was somone who was participating in the fight and probably didn't like getting killed as much as he was, so he knew all well and good what the intention of the fight was all about.

it isnt as simple as "jsut organise another one."

What ? ... to give him another chance to spoil it ... I don't think so ... at least not in the same night.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
<<S>> Simaril
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 01:47:28 PM »
Here's an idea, this area doesn't affect H2H players. You have your own little forum. Be gone swine. You can't handle the bigger playground, so you just keep playing four-square and pink elephant

I hate  to tell you Mr.Knowitall, i do play in the MA's.You guys keep cryin , your furball's will keep dyin.

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
<<S>> Simaril
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 09:03:38 PM »
Slappy sucks

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
<<S>> Simaril
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 09:33:48 PM »
Hmm, yet another player trying to tell me and others how I should play the game.  In short ... go suck an egg.

Now shut up and fly.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
<<S>> Simaril
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2006, 09:39:45 PM »
Originally posted by Sweet2th
I hate  to tell you Mr.Knowitall, i do play in the MA's.You guys keep cryin , your furball's will keep dyin.

Download FireFox 2.0 or IE7, you need the spellchecker BAD.    Wait, you're spelling the words correct, but are using them in the wrong context.  Nevermind, you're beyond help.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
<<S>> Simaril
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2006, 08:22:19 AM »
Originally posted by sax
Slappy sucks

Sax-ster ... where ya been buddy ?

<>
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
<<S>> Simaril
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2006, 01:08:07 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Sax-ster ... where ya been buddy ?

<>

Sabatical--but I'm back up again with more enthusiasim than talent .
Glad to see a familiar name still in the game:)

Offline RedDg

• Silver Member
<<S>> Simaril
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2006, 03:03:08 PM »
Originally posted by sax

Heyas sax,  welcome back.

I had some good fights with Rude in the EW, and Toad in the AvA a few weeks back.  It was good to see them again.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
<<S>> Simaril
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2006, 05:27:34 PM »
Originally posted by sax

Well .... Toad and Rude started a new squad ... if your looking for a home, you know where you can rest your hat ... anytime ... just say the word.

Myself, Lazs, and xdak pretty much fly the F4F and FM2 exclusively ... so you wouldn't be alone.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
<<S>> Simaril
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2006, 07:03:46 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
This is the problem with the toolshed vs furballers feud. Its not that damn hard to take a second and evaluate whats going on in game. More often than not its obvious if its a furball or an organized effort to regain or take territory. Im sure examples can be made of gray area or whatever but anyone who isnt throwing poop from a tree could probably grasp it. Knowingly sabotaging others gameplay because you dont agree with how they play this game perpetuates this constant bull****.

The follow up to the behavior is to come to the BBS and tell people if they dont like it to go some where else and play thier way. Toolshedder or furballer, it doesnt make you right. Why some of you cant get that both "factions" can exist here is amazing to me. I find I can do both, drive some tanks, and manage to still have fun.

Do I get a cookie?

Well put

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
<<S>> Simaril
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2006, 07:08:33 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth

Also well said