Author Topic: Initial carrier takeoff - "crash"  (Read 313 times)

Offline aqhawasi

• Zinc Member
Initial carrier takeoff - "crash"
« on: November 06, 2006, 05:53:05 PM »
Ever since I started with AHII, when I select a carrier as the place to take off and press on "H" to take off, the plane usually just falls on it belly, almost as if somebody either whacked the landing gear and the plane "falls" or as if someone just dropped the plane right on the carrier from a bit of altitude.  Once I end the sortie and press "H" again, things work as expected.  Am I making any sense?  I can definitely post a clip if you wish as it happens every single time.  This also happens when switching planes.  Say I switch from a Seafire to a F4U, the first time I attempt to take off from the carrier with the F4U, this plane will also "fall". (usually, the wings rip apart, the propeller is all bent, and the plane is just sitting there on the carrier).
I do use Auto take-off.
Any ideas?
Thanks,

peru

Offline 1895

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
      • http://raf315.org
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 05:55:11 PM »
Bad luck with auto ack? Friendly ack can cause some damage, I hate when I takeoff and a auto ack gives me a kill while blowing my wheel off. Maybe a bug? Post a clip i'll see what I can do.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 06:12:38 PM »
Its a bug, if you jump from the hanger to the deck it will slam you down hard enough to snap the prop. The cure untill HTC fixes it is to go from the hanger to the tower first, then go to the deck and you'll be ok.

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 11:01:48 PM »
Ah ha! I thought I was going nuts. That happend to me last week. I thought I had my Corsair loaded wrong:confused:

gusman44

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO