Author Topic: The art of the HO  (Read 1335 times)

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
The art of the HO
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2006, 06:45:19 PM »
95% of people will Ho you in a fight im part of the other 5 percent. I laugh when people ho me cause I know they are a skilless dweeb with really no chance of killing me unless they get a lucky 1 out of 100 shot when i try to avoid the ho.
I think hoing is pretty much suicide if you practice avoiding it you will live a lot longer and end up with more kills, I know that trust me.
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
The art of the HO
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 07:10:55 PM »
When I saw 110 and HO I said to myself....yup thats what I expect when I see one, and what I do when I'm in one..not rocket science really.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
The art of the HO
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 08:12:27 PM »
The real issue here is that you extended......if you take the under and he is firng then you should be able to go vertical.....the 110 is actually a pretty good bird but you should have no problem converting that 1st HO attempt to his last....it was the 2nd and 3rd that did you in....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
The art of the HO
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2006, 08:27:34 PM »
takes two to Ho,,,,roll out, turn, run home,,i bought it 5 times t'night by HO...get over it..its a good tactic as far as rank is concernd,,,"rank being the overbearing smell that a HO dweeb eminates...oh geeez did I say that outloud?
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
The art of the HO
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2006, 09:16:51 PM »
Originally posted by culero
Might be ex-AW players. A "guns cold" co-alt co-E HO merge was pretty much a normal way to start a dogfight there. Pass by each other, fight on.

culero

Agreed....

Actually, anyone foolish enough to try and HO anyone in FR AW was merely putting up a huge sign saying, "I'm a dweeb and I don't know how to fly so please kill me quickly". That being said, the easiest way to kill someone in AW was to open up at 200 yds as you closed on his 6 or pretty much any rear quarter shot and fly right through him. All the rounds went into his hit bubble and he popped just before you flew through the fireball.

The shock for most of us who came to AH back around the beginning of the new millenium was that there were so many HO's pilots in AH.

Ren
The Damned
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 09:25:09 PM by DamnedRen »

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
The art of the HO
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2006, 02:24:15 AM »
Originally posted by JimBeam
flayd i dont know man i think the tiffy is a better plane for the HO's those hispanos are deadly acurate even up to 1k i dont have much luck hitting anything with that potato gun on the yak:)

Ahh but the YAK is so much smaller. :)  It lets you get just a tad closer befor you let go of the taters.  The russian 37mm and brit 20mm have about the same balistics range wise, at least in game.  So you can hit fine with the 37 at 1K but the rate of fire is slower. On the other hand rate of fire may be slower but it usually only takes 1round to hit. :D
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
The art of the HO
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2006, 06:24:47 AM »
every time you HO, God kills a kitten.:(

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
The art of the HO
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2006, 07:39:55 AM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
The shock for most of us who came to AH back around the beginning of the new millenium was that there were so many HO's pilots in AH.

Heh.  Ain't that the truth?

- oldman

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
The art of the HO
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2006, 09:06:50 AM »
The BIG shock to those of us around since 99 was the dive the game took when AW went tits up :aok
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
ayayay...
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2006, 09:17:32 AM »
Any decent stick knows how to gain separation before the merge. Doing so almost eliminates the chance of a head on and puts you in a favorable postion to saddle up.

Very simple:)

-Dano
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
The art of the HO
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2006, 10:06:27 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
The BIG shock to those of us around since 99 was the dive the game took when AW went tits up :aok

You're absolutely right!

I think yer off on the years. Didn't EA's AW go tango uniform in '01? Somewhere around tour 12-15?
Hmmm, how many tours in a year? 12? So, you're saying guys that had been flying a flight sim since '87 including some of those who've built WB and AH (the owners) had nothing to bring to guys who had a mere 1 year of flying? Yep, of the 600 or so posts as to who were old AW folks, guess what most if not all had more flight sim dogfighting experience than you may have brought to the game. Hmmmm, a year of flying...with the steep learning curve the game (FR) has to offer. 'Specially since it's basically FR. Please tell us just how shocked a noob like yerself was when a few hundred folks moved over at the demise of AW? Please spare us old timers your snide remarks about what AW folks did to AH. In fact, you can go from lets say '88-'01 and you never had the current mentality of whiners in AW that we have now. None of that ever came from AW.:)

What's that old saying...."if yer not part of the solution, yer part of the problem". So, your stupid remarks fall on deaf ears.

Ren
The Damned.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 10:19:44 AM by DamnedRen »

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
The art of the HO
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2006, 12:12:32 PM »
You would have had to have been here in AH before hand to know what Im talking about.  Its all water under the bridge now anyway.  AH has changed several times since that day and things are ok now, but back then, a better smaller tighter community died, or got swallowed whole....whatever, no need to get all P Diddy ruffafluffa :rolleyes:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Re: ayayay...
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2006, 12:44:15 PM »
Originally posted by Dadano
Any decent stick knows how to gain separation before the merge. Doing so almost eliminates the chance of a head on and puts you in a favorable postion to saddle up.

Very simple:)

-Dano

Spoken by a True Noob.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
The art of the HO
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2006, 01:25:39 PM »

The big shock was that they redid the FM in 1.4 to accomodate the lower overall skill level. AH had already drawn a very formidable bunch of players (skill wise) and although there were obviously still many great sticks in AW the RR fliers had little or no chance and the FR fliers had a significant hurdle in E management. In AH 1.3 you flew smart or you died....the FM gave no mercy for wasted E.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
The art of the HO
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2006, 01:39:24 PM »

Shocking when you get shown "how it's done" by outsider's aint it? :aok :rofl
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann