Author Topic: problem with "Don't move your controls too rapidly"  (Read 654 times)

Offline mercury

• Zinc Member
problem with "Don't move your controls too rapidly"
« on: June 07, 2001, 05:06:00 PM »
i have logitech wingman joystick and the game tells me in-flight that msg repeatedly when im hardly moving the stick... i have tried to double the damping to twice the default.. anyone with any suggestions please help...  :p

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2001, 05:33:00 PM »
hey kionna

i have to same stick and only get that messages if, well if im jerking the stick around alot"

however i have had 1 or 2 occurences of this message while holding the stick steady about half way back in a vertical manouver

as this hasnt happened often, it didnt really bother me. (though it caused me to lawn dart on one occasion)

make sure you set deadband for each individual control axis and recalibrate your stick.. othere than that..i have nothing

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2001, 05:39:00 PM »
That's because the logitech wingman software causes lots of spiking.  Try updating it.

You can also turn up the deadband and damping on the rudder.

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2001, 07:55:00 AM »
alright.. i dont know if it is the new patch or not, but now this is happening to me all the time...eg.  last night i was flying a goon into v3...

i was flying straight and level otw there and got the message and control lock up twice.  it seems to kick auto pilot off too,, i was inches from the drink and could barely pull out after i regained control

i have the latest drivers but this seems to happen alot now for me HTC check to see that its not on your end please>
thx

Offline metronom

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2001, 01:03:00 PM »
Same here, got the message very often. Especially at takin off with the Il-2 (?)

I'm using the Microsoft FF.
Any suggestions?

Sailor

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2001, 02:02:00 PM »
I'm not seeing it with the new patch.  (Or rather as a result of the new patch.)  To help track down the problem I'd go to joystick and pull up the rudder input.  Look to see if you get sudden spikes when moving the stick around.  If you do turning up the dampening for the rudder input will help.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2001, 05:25:00 PM »
Same problem here: Thought it looks like its only rudder causing that for me.
Stick is MS FF Pro and when using rudder it looks like it starts to oscillate (Rudder I meant).
Newest drivers in stick and SBLive.

Offline WolfSkin1

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.amigabeats.dk
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2001, 12:44:00 PM »
Hey fellas!

I used to get that *alot* - I was mostly killed due to that.

Try this:

1. calibrate in windows.

2. calibrate in AH.

3. Set deadstick and damping way up to 25-30% for both

4. Have a look at what way your sensitivity sliders are set. I have mine set in a sloping curve, with big differences in the beginning, and lower at the high end. Try reversing this if it doesnt help. Rather, I'd try the reverse setting first; ie it starts with smal increments and ends in large ones.

5. Buy a new Joystick  :) I'm not pulling your leg here. Sudden spikes in movement can be caused by worn or bad parts in the joystick. You can see if this happens in the joystick setup.

6. take the joystick to your dealer and say you want a Thrustmaster Afterburner instead  :D (okey, this was not serious)

Hope it helps!

<S>