Author Topic: "perked ordnance system"  (Read 5435 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2006, 11:23:15 PM »
Originally posted by Ball
They should charge $5.99 for each additional squad member over a 12 player limit too

Whew!  Darn glad the 80th only has 12 :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2006, 12:28:27 AM »
I'm just curious, but under rule #5 is what kamilyun did considered "trolling"?

Originally posted by hitech
kamilyun: I am amazed at the number of fish your bait is catching, to bad none are keepers.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2006, 12:37:24 AM »
Originally posted by Pyro
Every rocket, bomb, and round of ammunition will cost perk points.  The more powerful something is, the more it will cost.  .50 caliber rounds will be a lot cheaper than 20mm rounds, but you do carry a lot more of them.  

Note that if you get shot down you will be charged for all the ordnance that was on the plane.  Another cool thing about this is that if you like the heavy weaponry but aren't such a good shot, you will now be able to buy additional perk points with your credit card so you can always get that extra boost if you really want it.

You are kidding with this aren't you?  While I see the behavioral modification you're working for, you're gonna make people pay more money to gain general firepower equality?  Bad enough, once a pilot earns enough perks he can pretty much stay on top by buying only the best aircraft, now some new guy or lesser pilot might not be able to have even reasonably capable firepower as well.  Rich get richer, and poor get poorer scenario and not just in plane availability, but now if you got the pocketbook to back you up...

Hoping I just took bait on a troll.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2006, 01:55:51 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Whew!  Darn glad the 80th only has 12 :)

yes, but the new arena changes mean that no more than 4 of you will be able to fly in the same arena at the same time.  it is being implemented to try and prevent the land grab attitude.

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2006, 02:17:43 AM »
Perked Ord?

I've over 3K in buff perks.... how much for the Little Boy Nuke on the top shelf?

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2006, 03:07:25 AM »
Originally posted by Pyro
Kidding aside, perk ordnance is what it sounds like- the ability to charge perks for specific ordnance loadouts.  It means that instead of having the 1C as a separate plane, I can just make 20mm cannons a perked loadout on the 1D and save space.  Beyond that, we could offer up some more exotic weapon choices without fear of them overrunning the arenas or having to add separate planes to do them.  57mm on your Mossie, Tiny Tims on your Corsair, whatever.  We're not going to do nukes so forget about that.  I don't know when this will be done so don't ask.

Thanks Pyro, exactly what I asked for :) .

Bring on the 4x20mm Spit !!!
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2006, 07:28:15 AM »
Originally posted by Sloehand
I'm just curious, but under rule #5 is what kamilyun did considered "trolling"?
AHAHHA :cry
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2006, 08:08:59 AM »
IM SO ANGERY NOW THAT IM REALY GOING TO QUIT AND YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO BE OUT OF BUSNESS AND HOMELESS. I HAVE MANY FRIENDS WHO I CAN MAKE QUIT TOO SO DONT EVAN THINK ABOUT THIS OR I SWEAR YOUR GONNA REGREAT IT. DONT MAKE ME DUE IT. IM WARNING YOU FOR THE LAST TIME.

YOUR VIOLETING MY FREEDOM TO VULCH AND CHOOCE MY PLANE. i ERNED MY PERKS AND I''LL SUE YOU IF YOU CHANGE THIS. MY BROTHER IN LAW IS A PARALEGEL.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2006, 08:12:45 AM »
Originally posted by Gryffin
Actually I believe the F4U-1C was an F4U-1A with cannons, not a D

You're both right.

The cannon armed wing subassembly was subcontracted. Whenever a batch came in, a sequence of corsairs was pulled to receive the cannon wings. So, late in the war they WERE -1Ds.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2006, 08:14:52 AM »
Originally posted by Sloehand
You are kidding with this aren't you?  While I see the behavioral modification you're working for, you're gonna make people pay more money to gain general firepower equality?  Bad enough, once a pilot earns enough perks he can pretty much stay on top by buying only the best aircraft, now some new guy or lesser pilot might not be able to have even reasonably capable firepower as well.  Rich get richer, and poor get poorer scenario and not just in plane availability, but now if you got the pocketbook to back you up...

Hoping I just took bait on a troll.

So how does that fake nightcrawler taste, SLoe?
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2006, 08:20:39 AM »
500 perkies carried by the lanc. :O
:noid

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2006, 08:29:31 AM »
Originally posted by Rolex
IM SO ANGERY NOW THAT IM REALY GOING TO QUIT AND YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO BE OUT OF BUSNESS AND HOMELESS. I HAVE MANY FRIENDS WHO I CAN MAKE QUIT TOO SO DONT EVAN THINK ABOUT THIS OR I SWEAR YOUR GONNA REGREAT IT. DONT MAKE ME DUE IT. IM WARNING YOU FOR THE LAST TIME.

YOUR VIOLETING MY FREEDOM TO VULCH AND CHOOCE MY PLANE. i ERNED MY PERKS AND I''LL SUE YOU IF YOU CHANGE THIS. MY BROTHER IN LAW IS A PARALEGEL.

Well, I certainly hope you're all pleased with yourselves. Look how upset you've made poor Rolex.

Sloehand, try reading the rest of the thread for some insight.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Boyce

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/boycejohnson
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2006, 11:30:36 AM »
YOUR VIOLETING MY FREEDOM

I hate it when my freedom is violeted. It's even worse when it's mauved.

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2006, 11:47:24 AM »
Originally posted by Edbert
Now THERE'S an idea! We could sell our perks on eGay once they are transferrable too.

its not like other games arent already doing something similar.. i think a lil ingame economy would be interesting

1 aspect i'd like to see is an arena where people risk there perks in duels..
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 12:02:08 PM by TW9 »
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline whels

• Silver Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2006, 01:43:32 PM »
i can see perking the guns them selves,  but each bullet? lol  the newbie/avg pilot here hits a staggering 1 to 6%, they will never get enough
perks to load out. the vets here usually hit between 10 to 15%, and they
will even be pressed to keep up the perks for load outs with per bullet cost.

gona reset everyones perk point totals when this comes out to give all a fair shot?