Author Topic: AH is loosing its essence  (Read 4960 times)

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
AH is loosing its essence
« on: November 17, 2006, 03:53:28 PM »
AH ww2 game that alows you to capture bases.. i'll have some of that!
6 years later. the game has changed into a jerking screen freezing bug ridden invisable hill generating poor excuse for a game..new patch is more like a virus than a patch..whats going on?

why have you made it so hard to capture bases? whats with the new ack at towns? my system uses a raedon 1900 graphics card and it grinds to a halt when you approch towns..we all dont want just a big fighter town..

ive not played much in the last months, not because i don't like the new arena set ups(even though i dont) but i kind of was loosing interest in the game and wanted to get some spark back..
when i do try and come back things a even more hokey..

i feel ive have been a good and loyal customer over the years. ive supported AH and introduced new players to the game. being a customer i have only 2 options to subscribe or not to subscribe. i cant tell you how to run your business..i wouldn't even try..
all i can do is ask from the heart give us back a playable game where we can capture fields and have fun..
i'm not gonna cancel my account because i love the essence of the game and i have confidence in HTC to understand that..

i know this is gonna get flamed. but i don't care! all i care about is the essence of the game.. i love it too much

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: AH is loosing its essence
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 03:58:03 PM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
 :cry :cry  :cry  

Seriously was at 2 captues last night .  Definatly a fight but was a ton of fun.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 04:01:02 PM »
You're kidding me, right?  The stutters and hills stuff will be worked out, but bases can't be captured?  Yeah, if you're flying with a bunch of suicide augertards maybe.  Ack is finally as lethal as it should be.

Offline roach

• Zinc Member
Re: AH is loosing its essence
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 04:02:15 PM »
Although the regular forum lurkers basically hate me, I will daringly response to your post anyway.

I agree with you 100%.

The bad publicity resulting from these recent changes and further planned progressive changes will likely hit game revenue hard.  Yes, the television advertisements are bringing in new bluebirds, however, word of mouth spreads quickly.

Does Hi Tech want constant bluebirds on two-week trials and quitting, or dedicated long term paying customers?  This is a decision he will soon be confronted with I suspect based on the conversations I read in the game text buffer.

All elements of the game are essential, from driving a ground vehicle into a town and helping fellow countrymen in a capture, to flying high altitude bombing missions, to NOE below radar deep into enemy territory, to air to air combat dog fighting.  Currently, the air-to-air stuff dominates so therefore Hi Tech should already be satisfied.

What if you went to Burger King and ordered a fish sandwich and were served the Whopper, discovering no matter what you ordered and paid for, you would get the same Whopper?  "Have it their way?"  If the Whopper was free, sure, but not when the customer is paying.

Originally posted by SELECTOR
AH ww2 game that alows you to capture bases.. i'll have some of that!
6 years later. the game has changed into a jerking screen freezing bug ridden invisable hill generating poor excuse for a game..new patch is more like a virus than a patch..whats going on?

why have you made it so hard to capture bases? whats with the new ack at towns? my system uses a raedon 1900 graphics card and it grinds to a halt when you approch towns..we all dont want just a big fighter town..

ive not played much in the last months, not because i don't like the new arena set ups(even though i dont) but i kind of was loosing interest in the game and wanted to get some spark back..
when i do try and come back things a even more hokey..

i feel ive have been a good and loyal customer over the years. ive supported AH and introduced new players to the game. being a customer i have only 2 options to subscribe or not to subscribe. i cant tell you how to run your business..i wouldn't even try..
all i can do is ask from the heart give us back a playable game where we can capture fields and have fun..
i'm not gonna cancel my account because i love the essence of the game and i have confidence in HTC to understand that..

i know this is gonna get flamed. but i don't care! all i care about is the essence of the game.. i love it too much
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 04:32:11 PM by roach »

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 04:06:35 PM »
Long story short....

EZmode Base Captures = KIA

You will actually have to 'think' and co-ordinate for those base captures now. Ground fire was the #1 enemy to low flying aircraft in WWII not other aircraft. AH has become more interesting now with the change. No longer can 2 guys in 110's and a trailer in a goon take bases in a matter of a few minutes. Pushing the CAP off a base with the ack deterant will make fights happen more frequently and last longer. Everyone hates chasing sporadic and fleeting fights all over the map because base capturing was trivialized and mounting a  meaningfull defense was impossible due to runway vulchers and suicide porkers running amok.

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 04:16:56 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Re: AH is loosing its essence
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 04:11:39 PM »
Originally posted by roach
Although the regular forum lurkers basically hate me, I will daringly response to your post anyway.

I agree with you 100%.

The bad publicity resulting from these recent changes and further planned progressive changes will likely hit game revenue hard.  Yes, the television advertisements are bringing in new bluebirds, however, word of mouth spreads quickly.

Does Hi Tech want constant bluebirds on two-week trials and quitting, or dedicated long term paying customers?  This is a decision he will soon be confronted with I suspect based on the conversations I read in the game text buffer.

All elements of the game are essential, from driving a ground vehicle into a town and helping fellow countrymen in a capture, to flying high altitude bombing missions, to NOE below radar deep into enemy territory, to air to air combat dog fighting.  Currently, the air-to-air stuff dominates so therefore Hi Tech should already be satisfied.

What if you went to Burger King and ordered a fish sandwich and were served the Whopper, discovering no matter what you ordered and paid for, you would get the same Whopper?  "Have it their way?"  It the Whopper was free, sure, but not when the customer is paying.

Here is the the thing noobs wont know the old way . So they have nothing to complain about.  So either they like it for what it is or they don't.
Only one's that complain are the milk runners.

Opinion from my squad were more along the lines " guess we'll just have to adapt to it." .

If you're quitting over a few added base ack... you don't have a love for what the game is about .  

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline roach

• Zinc Member
Re: Re: AH is loosing its essence
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 04:15:10 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Seriously was at 2 captues last night .  Definatly a fight but was a ton of fun.

Bronk

Bronk:

I guess you failed to understand that the changes are going to be progressive.  Base capture will become increasingly difficult as these progressive changes are implemented, until finally, base capture may be nearly impossible.  Although the full impact of changes is not fully understood, the agenda seems very clear to many veteran players.

So, YES base capture is still possible at this very early stage, which is just the beginning of planned progressive changes.  But how do you suppose it will be in the future well into the planned change implementation process?  I guess you did not consider this.

SELECTOR:

Don't worry about many of the negative and aggressive, or purely insulting responses your post will likely receive from forum regulars.  I have discovered that the base of forum user opinions do not reflect the majority within the game itself.  Most paying AH2 members do not even use these forums, mostly because they do not want to be subjected to the typical flaming those forum regulars' blast newcomers with.  The forums are populated, by in large, by capitulant supporters of game development and policy administration, without regards to what new policies are implemented.  Again, they clearly do not reflect the opinions that are openly expressed within the game text channels.

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 04:17:58 PM »
I don't know what all the fuss is about.

I was just involved in an attempted base capture, as one of the defenders. Started out as a fairly even fight. Over time we were overwhelmed by numbers.  The attackers were coming in from two seperate airfields, and a cv that was offshore.
Some friendlies were coming in from a neighbor airfield, others upping  from the the one being attacked. Some, including myself went to the osti's and m16's to try and provide cover.
Eventually the field was de-acked, and the vulch fest began, with me being vulched about 5 times before i gave up.  When i left the field was about to change possesion.

All good fun. You win some and lose some. Oh yeah, i was in one of the late war arena's, so i'm not sure if this relevant to you.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 04:21:12 PM »
I actually like the increased ack and like the fact it is as lethal as it should be.  The only thing I have seen the negative with it is the fairies who up and then just loiter in the ack shell and never come out.  But that is not that big of a deal.  I am all for base captures, but they should be challenging (not impossible, just challenging) to take.

As for the invisable hills... Yes, I lost a tiger to one last night.  Darn ground was flat, but my tiger apparently ran up on a steep invisable cliff and it flipped me over to my top.  Does that Suck?  Yes it does, but HT will work it out if you let them know and it was only a cartoon tank anyway.  I just bought another one when I got back to the hanger.

While I am not overly thrilled with some of the recent changes, others have contributed to the games enjoyment.  If you give them a chance and wait for all the changes to coad in, maybe you find the game still holds what it was you had before.  You just have to know where to find it within the game.
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 04:21:17 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
You will actually have to 'think' and co-ordinate for those base captures now.

Hearing this from you makes me laugh. :lol
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 04:23:43 PM by Donzo »

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: AH is loosing its essence
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 04:21:20 PM »
Bronk:

I guess you failed to understand that the changes are going to be progressive.  Base capture will become increasingly difficult as these progressive changes are implemented, until finally, base capture may be nearly impossible.  Although the full impact of changes is not fully understood, the agenda seems very clear to many veteran players.

So, YES base capture is still possible at this very early stage, which is just the beginning of planned progressive changes.  But how do you suppose it will be in the future well into the planned change implementation process?  I guess you did not consider this.

Ummm, who said that or are you ASS-uming?!? :O

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 04:25:03 PM »
No doubt this change in the amount of ack and its location will effect game play.  Does it stop base taking?  Not from my experience.

However, it does hinder:

1.  Being vulched from a lone plane at a base not under attack.  

2.  Diverting most of the planes to the airfield for vulching rather than taking the town down for a capture.

3.  A lone plane porking the troops, radar, and ordinance in order to temporarily stop a base capture.

4.  Skill less dweebs who can only vulch in a horde.  Looks like some will have to learn a few new skills.

5.  Sneaking in a M3 to recapture a town after it's been taken by an enemy (ack's in town now).

Yes, AH has transformed again.  Those willing to adapt will grow in their skills.  I think its a good change.

Regards,

Malta

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: AH is loosing its essence
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 04:25:12 PM »
Originally posted by roach
Bronk:

you forgot add this smilies: :noid :noid :noid

Offline roach

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 04:29:55 PM »
The increase in airfield AK does not bother me.  Taking enemy airfields will be more difficult, true, however, defending friendly airfields will be easier.

However, other planned changes which have yet to be implemented, but are planned, do concern me a great deal.   I would caution Hi Tech to speak to his paying customer base, and not simply go on the opinions expressed here in a very biased forum community.

No assumptions, merely careful reading of what is stated, not implied, and those who have already made assumptions.

Offline RedTopp

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 04:31:44 PM »
Originally posted by stantond
No doubt this change in the amount of ack and its location will effect game play.  Does it stop base taking?  Not from my experience.

However, it does hinder:

1.  Being vulched from a lone plane at a base not under attack.  

2.  Diverting most of the planes to the airfield for vulching rather than taking the town down for a capture.

3.  A lone plane porking the troops, radar, and ordinance in order to temporarily stop a base capture.

4.  Skill less dweebs who can only vulch in a horde.  Looks like some will have to learn a few new skills.

5.  Sneaking in a M3 to recapture a town after it's been taken by an enemy (ack's in town now).

Yes, AH has transformed again.  Those willing to adapt will grow in their skills.  I think its a good change.

Regards,

Malta

Well said
IDLH
IAFF Local 1660