Author Topic: AH is loosing its essence  (Read 5006 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: AH is loosing its essence
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2006, 05:21:01 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Bronk:

I guess you failed to understand that the changes are going to be progressive.  Base capture will become increasingly difficult as these progressive changes are implemented, until finally, base capture may be nearly impossible.  Although the full impact of changes is not fully understood, the agenda seems very clear to many veteran players.

So, YES base capture is still possible at this very early stage, which is just the beginning of planned progressive changes.  But how do you suppose it will be in the future well into the planned change implementation process?  I guess you did not consider this.

Ummm, who said that or are you ASS-uming?!? :O

Zazen

So when people group up they will be called the horde.  BTW bases can be captured but the ack from many bases will kill your troops at the maproom. Make sure you kill the base ack town side too.

~AoM~

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
AH is loosing its essence
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2006, 05:23:15 PM »
Originally posted by roach
Not everyone shares your optimism.  

Suicide should be handled differently.  I suggest that people using kamikaze tactics should have to wait a specified duration before respawning.  This is not uncommon in other online games.  

If you, the player, choose to "head-on" with another player, or drop your ordinances while diving to certain death, then you should be delayed, perhaps two minutes, before you are able to respawn.  

Not a real deterrent., big deal i go get a drink then start again.

Only a death resulting from being killed by an opponent should allow for you to respawn immediately.

Then the collision model could be fixed resulting in more realistic game play.

Collision model is fine and has been gone over adnauseum. If you don't get it you never will.

Kamikaze tactics are legitimate, but quickly exhaust a country's resources.  A student of history should fully understand the impact of such tactics, and adapt the game to reflect a penalty in accordance to discourage it, while recognizing the legitimacy of the practice in actual warfare.

What better way to burn up there resources than  burning up there perks. This wont effect anyone else but the kamikaze himself.

Again, I am strictly opposed to a perk-based ordinance system.  I can only say I believe it is an absolutely dreadful idea.  I am confident that a perked ordinance system will result in disgruntled veteran players and a loss of revenue for Hi Tech Creations.

Thats your opinion and your entitled to it. I think most will adapt and play on .

Bronk: Just to clarify this for you, no, I am not kidding.  There is no humor implied or otherwise intended.  I really do not like the impression I am getting from the planned progressive changes to game play.  So, again, "not kidding."

Sorry to hear that I have a more optimistic look for whats to come.

Just like to add I just started playing again. I was concerned about the new arena set up from reading the bbs. But I find the new set up not much different than what it was before. It's kind a refreshing actually. So I am not going to fall for the  "zOMG !!!111!!! The sky is falling" stuff, >>>>IF<<<<  a new perk system is implemented.  

Bronk
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 05:29:46 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2006, 05:26:59 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
No offense, but exactly how many people do you think actually pay anywhere CLOSE to $3.4K for a computer?

The truth is, flight sim people do not spend much if any more  than $1K for a computer on average. And they ride that sucker like a burning airplane until it just won't fly anymore. Flight sim people are not the same as regular "gamers". And dedicated die hard flight sum people are the only customers that can be counted on to be here for the long run.

I think we've got close to 60 people spread out amongst our 3 wings that make up the squad. The vast majority of them spent well under $1K for their systems, and many are like me, and I paid $600 or so to build mine about 3 years or so ago. And I can't afford to pay $1K to build another one right now. If it comes to that, I'm done.

I did say balance didnt I?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by TW9
HtC has to balance between low and high end pc's with that "slider" a tad closer to the high end ones than low end..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya I did.. Just has to make sure..

Besides didnt know u spoke on behalf of all flight simmers.. I mean Im a flight simmer.. Infact, aces high 1 was the 1st pc game (not counting oregons trail) ive played.. Ive only tried 2 other online games that i had to pay for since.. One i stuck with for like a year b4 i went back to playing AH.. I'd have to say roughly 85% of my online gaming since i was like 19 or 20 has been playing aces high.. Now i just play AH and America's Army (Free)..

I spent 1k 2 years ago on a pc to play AH and just last week i bought another one for 3k (deployment money sure is good)... So just because a few people dont want to keep up with the times or even upgrade a little doesnt mean alot more people dont have the systems capable of keeping up with the updates of AH.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2006, 05:28:47 PM »
Originally posted by BigR
Did you even read what i said? I said "Theres obviously something wrong"  I was just telling you that its not because our systems are low end which is what you were emplying.

whos this "Our" u speak of? my 1st post was a response to the original thread post inwhich he himself said he had a low-mid end system.. i didnt emply anything...

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2006, 05:30:23 PM »
I never said I spoke for ALL of anyone. No need to get all testy. Or defensive. But it's not a few, it's a lot. I've been fooling with flight sims since about 1995, a lot of these people I've known for about 8-10 years. But don't let that stop you from getting snippy.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2006, 05:32:54 PM »
my archer scout can't one shot kill a fire wizard anymore!:cry

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2006, 05:39:25 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
whos this "Our" u speak of? my 1st post was a response to the original thread post inwhich he himself said he had a low-mid end system.. i didnt emply anything...

you really dont read do u....he never said he has a low end system. He said he has a Radeon 1900 which is NOT low end at all. He didnt mention other system specs.

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2006, 05:40:51 PM »
I never said I spoke for ALL of anyone. No need to get all testy. Or defensive. But it's not a few, it's a lot. I've been fooling with flight sims since about 1995, a lot of these people I've known for about 8-10 years. But don't let that stop you from getting snippy.

ur right u didnt say that and im not snippy at all :)

The truth is, flight sim people do not spend much if any more  than $1K for a computer on average. .

truth is im a flight simmer and ive spent more than 1k twice and theres alot others like me.. probably not spending over 3k like i did (sorry had some xtra cash to throw around) but i'd say they out number the ones that dont or cant upgrade otherwise HT would just be losing more customers than new customers coming in with each update..

Similar comments were made when AH2 came out and customer base has grown since..

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Re: AH is loosing its essence
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2006, 05:53:16 PM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
AH ww2 game that alows you to capture bases.. i'll have some of that!
6 years later. the game has changed into a jerking screen freezing bug ridden invisable hill generating poor excuse for a game..new patch is more like a virus than a patch..whats going on?

why have you made it so hard to capture bases? whats with the new ack at towns? my system uses a raedon 1900 graphics card and it grinds to a halt when you approch towns..we all dont want just a big fighter town..

ive not played much in the last months, not because i don't like the new arena set ups(even though i dont) but i kind of was loosing interest in the game and wanted to get some spark back..
when i do try and come back things a even more hokey..

i feel ive have been a good and loyal customer over the years. ive supported AH and introduced new players to the game. being a customer i have only 2 options to subscribe or not to subscribe. i cant tell you how to run your business..i wouldn't even try..
all i can do is ask from the heart give us back a playable game where we can capture fields and have fun..
i'm not gonna cancel my account because i love the essence of the game and i have confidence in HTC to understand that..

i know this is gonna get flamed. but i don't care! all i care about is the essence of the game.. i love it too much

Correct me if i am wrong but didn't AH evolve from AW which from my understanding was 80 to 90% air to air combat. That is the essence of the game as you put it and through the years it has evolved into mega squads taking bases more then the actually air to air fight.

If anything the new changes makes the game more challenging and more fun.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2006, 05:54:59 PM »
I like the added Ack.  I tell you this as a dedicated "Win The War" type player.  I like the challenge, I don't think any small group should be able to steamroll a map - What fun is that??? I would say Add another 50% to that total and another VH to every base.... IF and ONLY IF we had a large arena again.

The ability to capture a base has risen and the resources necessary to do it has sharply decreased.  I believe what we have now is a furballing stalemate.  I like to go on fighter sweeps with my squad now and then but the object of the game is to win the war, that takes teamwork with the arena caps getting the resources together (Bombers who fly with alt as they should, fighters, C47s and GVs) is very difficult because unless a couple of squadrons get together and are lucky enough to be able to get in together and coordinate this effort you end up with a lot of stagnant furballs and no progress is made.  Voila!  You now have Aerial Counter-Strike where everyone spawns, races to the middle and blasts away until you're down to the last man standing.

My .02... (And I may be too generous)
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: AH is loosing its essence
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by roach
Bronk:

I guess you failed to understand that the changes are going to be progressive.  Base capture will become increasingly difficult as these progressive changes are implemented, until finally, base capture may be nearly impossible.  

No, gone are the days of buff's performing 3+G dives and climbs to drop Hangers.  Gone are the days of 2 people capturing a base.  

I realize that you berieve you are the "be all, end all" but roach, unless yer a shades, I've never heard of you.   You seem to be spewing this to everyone though.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2006, 06:00:22 PM »
The sooner we put an end to base capturing, the better. So a big +1 for ack in towns.

:)
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2006, 06:02:14 PM »
it's LOSING! not LOOSING! :furious

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2006, 06:04:35 PM »
Without the base capture, what is this game?  Like I said above... Aerial Counter-Strike.  The point that started this thread was that the game has lost some of its' original feel that made it a success to the longtime flight gamers such as myself.  This is starting to feel less like an MMOG and more like a box game.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2006, 06:11:51 PM »
Originally posted by Mr No Name
Without the base capture, what is this game?  Like I said above... Aerial Counter-Strike.  The point that started this thread was that the game has lost some of its' original feel that made it a success to the longtime flight gamers such as myself.  This is starting to feel less like an MMOG and more like a box game.

well then it's time to start playing on easy mode and bump it up to medium princess! :aok

It still has base capture it is just harder to do it.

HITECH FOR PRESIDENT!!!!