Author Topic: invisible hills & things  (Read 498 times)

Offline SLrocker

• Zinc Member
invisible hills & things
« on: November 19, 2006, 09:26:08 AM »
hey now we have invisible hills that roll ya over when you are in a pnzer. or act as deadspace when targeting with the main gun tube. and you get a round exploding in your face because you don't see the hill that you just shot in to. that is until you shot in to it..... watched my target drive up an invivible hill and killed me because I was stuck on the side of that hill and couldn't get my gun to turn on target....was as if we were all floating in a strange Aces High limbo .

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
invisible hills & things
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 02:43:17 PM »
Lost a Tiger last night to an invisible hill....rolled me over like a turtle.

Also watched a squadie traverse several invisible hills.

Mac

Offline derkojote23

• Zinc Member
Geting worse
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 06:45:44 PM »
Ok, the reply I got from HTC was that they know about the problem but they are not gunna correct it till the next update. WTF so does that mean I don’t have to pay till the next update? They need to stop using the paying customers as the Bata testers this is freaking ridiculous. And now a new one to add to the list. If you shoot a target on a hill moats of the rounds go threw the target. I am not paying to test the game I’m PAYING to PLAY. :furious :mad:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Geting worse
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 07:00:04 PM »
Originally posted by derkojote23
they know about the problem but they are not gunna correct it till the next update. WTF so does that mean I don’t have to pay till the next update?  

Sorry, but that exactly means that they ARE correcting it.
And how could they correct it WITHOUT an update????
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline derkojote23

• Zinc Member
invisible hills & things
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 08:22:44 PM »
Acktualy what thay are saying is  we know and when we finish with the other stuff we are working on we will get to it. Problem is We are not the ones that should be doing the bata testing We pay to play thay get paid to make sure it works, its our money that pays them thus we are paying them to make us do thier work. Now if you dont have a problem with this thats fine but moast people work hard to get the money thay have and want to feel thay are geting what thay pay for.
 Now Im not saying that poor ol skuzzy ist doing a bang up job ;)  I dout he is the one that gets paid the big bucks to be the one to blame any way. Im saying that HTC should fix what thay have befor thay go making more changes that thay know will creat new problems. Skuzzy does try to get back to us as fast as he can and that is good but the trouble should have ben fixed Befor it got to us.
 Sorry skuzzy you are not the fockus of my anger its THEM.:aok

derkojote out.

Offline Warchief

• Copper Member
      • http://
invisible hills & things
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 02:28:57 AM »
Invisible hills are taking their toll all the way around in the game. HiTech did good things such as make the ack deadlier but then when they do something like this it brings what they did do down a notch. My personal tactic is when I am flying especially the HUrricane IIC is when I get my kills RTB with ammo and fuel (most of the time :D ) is to head for the deck and get out of Dodge before I get myself in a fight where I do not have the fuel or the ammo to defend myself. With these invisible hills I have to chose between risking being spotted by a plane and dealing with or running into hills I can not see. Which has happened and when you have 5 kills and one pops out in front of you it ruins the game and the fun in it. You go from worrying about enemy cons and getting your aircraft out of area to ok I am clear, I hope there isnt a hill I dont see while I get out of here.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
invisible hills & things
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 06:50:09 AM »
Patches need be to be tested in a far more detailed fashion. Period.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
invisible hills & things
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 08:15:37 AM »
Acktualy what thay are saying is  we know and when we finish with the other stuff we are working on we will get to it. ....

Originally posted by hitech on 11/17
Found the bug today. It is fixed for the next patch. You can also turn off optimized objects to fix the problem until then.

Seems to me HT said it is already fixed for the next patch and gave you a temporary fix to cover until it is released.

What else do you want? Releasing a patch for each bug found doesn't make sense. They release a group of fixes all in one patch which makes more sense.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline wes34th

• Copper Member
Re: invisible hills & things
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 10:46:05 AM »
Originally posted by SLrocker
hey now we have invisible hills that roll ya over when you are in a pnzer. or act as deadspace when targeting with the main gun tube. and you get a round exploding in your face because you don't see the hill that you just shot in to. that is until you shot in to it..... watched my target drive up an invivible hill and killed me because I was stuck on the side of that hill and couldn't get my gun to turn on target....was as if we were all floating in a strange Aces High limbo .

I had the same problem in tank town in the ma.I was making a brilliant :lol
flanking manuever when I was defeated by stealth hills put there by the enemy:rofl

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
invisible hills & things
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 10:52:01 AM »
Originally posted by NHawk
Seems to me HT said it is already fixed for the next patch and gave you a temporary fix to cover until it is released.

What else do you want? Releasing a patch for each bug found doesn't make sense. They release a group of fixes all in one patch which makes more sense.

i would agree if this was the only bug needing attention or already fixed.

but there are bugs that have been here for years. and surely the patches should be tested, somehting like an invisble hill would of shown up in tests, if they had been taken.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
invisible hills & things
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 11:01:47 AM »
Originally posted by Laurie
i would agree if this was the only bug needing attention or already fixed.

but there are bugs that have been here for years. and surely the patches should be tested, somehting like an invisble hill would of shown up in tests, if they had been taken.
Maybe, maybe not.

A little story....

Years ago I wrote games and had about 50 testers available to me. After initial release of one game, I had a few bugs that cropped up. Patched the bugs, tested with the test group and all was fine. Released it and in the MMO environment things changed. I wound up with even more bugs that nobody spotted in the test environment.

Changing one thing in a program can and usually will affect 10 other items that you don't anticipate, overlook or just plain forget about until it's too late.

For example, the simple omission of a single = can wreak havoc in a program.

username = "Laurie" is not the same as username == "Laurie" and either will compile correctly with a huge difference in results. Although in this case you'd probably want something like (strcmp(username,"Laurie") == 0) :)

Everyone complains about being testers. Think about that. No program is perfect. Every program, including the operating system on your computer has bugs. If it didn't then MS wouldn't release updates to XP and every other program they make on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 11:18:43 AM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline derkojote23

• Zinc Member
invisible hills & things
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 08:00:45 PM »
Every one has a point so far, From each persons point of view, but what Im saying it why not fix what is broke befor you introduce what you know from past work will make it worce. Im not saying thay are not trying, and Im not ignorent as to how diffacult making a game can be, but thay had thies problems and rather then fix them and make what thay had better thay chose to expand and invite more gliches.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
invisible hills & things
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 10:14:42 PM »
Every one has a point so far, From each persons point of view, but what Im saying it why not fix what is broke befor you introduce what you know from past work will make it worce. Im not saying thay are not trying, and Im not ignorent as to how diffacult making a game can be, but thay had thies problems and rather then fix them and make what thay had better thay chose to expand and invite more gliches.

The thing about bugs is, you can't fix them til you find them.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech