Author Topic: Testing Capture system in LW orange today  (Read 36451 times)

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Testing Capture system in LW orange today
« Reply #225 on: November 30, 2006, 01:14:00 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 01:37:08 PM by hitech »

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #226 on: November 30, 2006, 01:20:53 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 01:37:19 PM by hitech »
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #227 on: November 30, 2006, 01:24:15 PM »
Originally posted by KryptoniteXP
I've read from several people that the idea is to get people to fight eachother more....  How do you know this?  Was this announced somewhere and I missed it?  Are you part of the planning stage?  If that's the official reason for this, please let us know.

What I think is the reason for this test is....

1. Making maps is time consuming
2. People want more maps
3. HT has plenty of larger maps that could make the people happy
4. HT want's us to not be spread out and bored during the off-peak times, like 4am EST (18 bishops, 13  knits, 19 rooks).

HT does want us to be happy.  They have put a heck of a lot of work into this game for all of us and continue to do so.  On top of it all, we are the paying the customers and every business wants to keep it's customers happy.

I've seen some suggestion for modifications on here I like and others that I don't.

If this system is to stay, but is open to "tweeking", then the one modification I would like to see is (forgive me, I forget who wrote it)...

The bases a country could capture could be based upon their distance from the enemies base.  An example would be anything within 1 1/2 sectors from an enemy base could be captured.  This is a real world approach.  It keeps with the idea of supply convoys and supporting a base.  It establishes the coveted "front line".

It would be the happy medium as well.  It would concentrate the fighting more (than 'old' system) and would also give the player more choices on where and what he/she was going to do.

comical thing is some guys are paying to play on their own maps.:rofl  surely they deserve an incentive. this would increase map development if HTC want it off their hands.<< not a criticism.  

ALSO

qauah:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah but with the new change being tested one country has to take all it's numbers against the other country. The country with the numbers can no longer run from defenders and play the undefended base cat and mouse game.

So in the new system your issues doesn't exist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you admit the fact the game will now be 1 up 1 down field capture affair. and making it practically impossible to in a war.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #228 on: November 30, 2006, 01:26:54 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 01:38:14 PM by hitech »

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #229 on: November 30, 2006, 01:28:55 PM »
What astonished me was that the moaners were crying in LW blue as
well.  The apocalypse is nigh, for now I have to expend effort to "win"
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #230 on: November 30, 2006, 01:30:17 PM »
Originally posted by Laurie
Bombing the HQ, Bombing the city is a tactic, bombing a troops factory, dar facotry e.t.c, also porking, an osit raid, i could go on.

and yes i do fight other people, but not make it my sole purpose in the game, if i want to fly planes round in circles ill use Micrsoft flight sim. i do join in fruballs now and then, but not slum in them all day.

being restriceted to one base is no fun.

A limited selection of capturable bases in no way effects your ability to choose a strat as a target. It may influence which strat you attack, but the zone of the front line was best before, and is still obviously the best choice.

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #231 on: November 30, 2006, 01:31:49 PM »
Originally posted by Rino
What astonished me was that the moaners were crying in LW blue as
well.

Moaning? Crying? This is the kind of mature feedback you guys base the opinions of the player community on. :aok
No Wonder...
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #232 on: November 30, 2006, 01:34:44 PM »
Bombing the HQ, Bombing the city is a tactic, bombing a troops factory, dar facotry e.t.c, also porking, an osit raid, i could go on.

OK so bombing stuff is strategic.  I'll give you that, but many strategery folks have said it wasn't very strategic so what gives.  Can you cite any strategery that does not have to do with bombing strat and has more to do with the topic and base capture?

and yes i do fight other people, but not make it my sole purpose in the game, if i want to fly planes round in circles ill use Micrsoft flight sim. i do join in fruballs now and then, but not slum in them all day.

Umm first off your view of furballing is quite narrow and I guess with such a view I wouldn't enjoy them either.  And if your sole purpose in an online combat flight game is not to engage in Air to Air Warfare then why or what is the point of even getting online?  Chat room?

being restriceted to one base is no fun.
Why, what fun has it stomped out for you?  Is it a control thing where you have to be the one that selects what base you take.  Or again are you just wishing you still had the option to take undefended bases??
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 01:42:28 PM by Quah! »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #233 on: November 30, 2006, 01:38:08 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
HT has said over and over that this not war, it is a game, in my opinion it is getting gamier.

no liky follow the blue line.

the MA is really just a training arena for the real game --scenarios.

44MAG

Wrong.   "Gamier" were the mass captures of undefended bases, by people whose only purpose was to pad scores, hit only one country, and wanting the "Free Perkies".   What they DIDN'T want to do, was FIGHT.  

Now, I have noticed that the ones who "oppose" this system, are the "said people".   Their too "in with themselves" to realize they don't always need to be "in numbers", at 23k in an La7 and run away when 1 on 1.  

Again, the FIGHT is what finally came back yesterday.   I COMMEND HTC on this change as now, I can find a damn fight.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #234 on: November 30, 2006, 01:40:18 PM »
You take this attitude yourself towards NOE missions, you all moaned and groaned your little socks off. and now you have your way your moaning has stopped, but not your boot licking.

WTHell are you talking about?? I have never moaned and groaned about NOE missions, unless I was in one  LOLHAY.  

Nothing funnier than a p51 or 110 NOE mission.  Those are such great low alt fighters hahaha.

You have no idea who I am or what I am about, but you have no problem making ASS-U-mtions and being wrong.

Actually I don't know any who groaned and moaned about NOE missions.

And prey tell what is my way??  Do share?

All I am doing is asking you simple questions.  Take a pill, will ya. :rolleyes:

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #235 on: November 30, 2006, 01:43:12 PM »
Put yourself in the other shoe for a minute, what if the new change was something like there couldn't be more than five planes in a sector at a time and you were forced to take down towns before you could get kills, would you be happy with something like that? The reason you're so thrilled with this is because it suits YOUR preferences, some of us aren't too tickled with being forced into furballing at the same bases all night and day long. It's a mindless numbing game killer for the base taker crowd.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #236 on: November 30, 2006, 01:45:57 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert
Think teamwork and scalpel vesus scorepadding and sledgehammer.

When the scapel gets dull cutting a brick wall, I break out the sledgehammer.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #237 on: November 30, 2006, 01:46:28 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo
So sneaking a base 5 sectors back has no affect on the country that it was taken from?  I beg to differ.

It's a common occurance on the bases that have large area's of water surrounding the mainland that one country will sneak an outlying enemy base.  Once this happens there is a massive effort to take that base back.  This in turn removes players from the front line.  Less players on the front line means less resistance on the front line.  
If the take is successfully and well coordinated, the attacking country will then quickly take bases around the primary base and pork troops in the area.  This quickly becomes a thorn in the country's side and a lot of resources are spent trying to get the bases back.

Of course, the "strategists" are avoiding a FIGHT.   The "outlying" base was usually undefended.   Wait, I bet you already knew that.   Word it anyway you want Donzo, just accept it for what you were doing.   You aren't or never have fooled anyone.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #238 on: November 30, 2006, 01:47:52 PM »
So you admit the fact the game will now be 1 up 1 down field capture affair. and making it practically impossible to in a war.

Nowhere did I admit or say that.  

What I said was the new system under test will pit the majority of a countries resources against the other countries.  

This will force each country to use skill, efficiency and control of their Air Resources against their opponents to win bases thus allowing the better fighting team to win rather than the team with the most numbers using their l33t skillz against undefended bases.

HT will refine this as he has done with all his tweaks and you as well as the rest will see it is going to make better game play for everyone.

Take a breath and give it time.  Trust HTC.

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #239 on: November 30, 2006, 01:48:19 PM »
Dude if a base is undefended, then it should be taken. You don't change a major game concept because your furballing butt is too lazy or too score driven to get over there and defend a base. Wasn't the ack enough for you guys?
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing