Author Topic: Testing Capture system in LW orange today  (Read 35930 times)

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
Testing Capture system in LW orange today
« Reply #825 on: December 04, 2006, 11:37:10 AM »
Bingo Boomer, something tells me creativity is not some of these guys strong points and being impetuous is.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #826 on: December 04, 2006, 11:37:33 AM »
Originally posted by Laurie
there is only 1 tactic available now my friend, carpet bombing, as there is little chance of you taking a field otherwise when half the country is there,

so frankly, thta piont ois in-valid, and shows dreamy, rose-tinted vision on your part.  

You are incorrect. The only capture mission I've seen succeed so far didn't involve bombing the hangars, and didn't even use bombers. Heavy fighters and a simplistic strategy still work, but you can't reasonably expect to sneak bases at peak hours with 6 guys anymore.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #827 on: December 04, 2006, 11:41:01 AM »
Originally posted by Laurie
never try and tell a brit, about the battle of britain, especially when his family includes to RAF officers of that era ;) , just some advice ,,]

also, BOB  was not just fighters flying around airfileds, they worked in groups of four picking off bombers, fighting 109's.

there is only 1 tactic available now my friend, carpet bombing the hangers, as there is little chance of you taking a field otherwise when half the country is there,

so frankly, that piont is in-valid, and shows dreamy, rose-tinted vision on your part.

Time won't bear this out for you, as you could sit in a black dotted furball for eternity, and not notice a base flashing form your 'lack of vision on your part'.

your happy, thats good, but some arent, so have some respect them, we all deserve our say, if you agree or not, you'll find this thread started for me, when i claimed unhappy with changes, and was burnt like charcoal, no-one canm have their say if it doesnt agree with the likes of certain people.

Damn them sneaky Germans.  NOEing those targets in england.

Where is the shake fist emoticon.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #828 on: December 04, 2006, 11:42:24 AM »
Quah!

This week's twitchy.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #829 on: December 04, 2006, 11:44:03 AM »
Originally posted by Quah!
No it forces people to think up new tactics and strategy.  Just because you and the other so called strategerist can't see this doesn't mean maps will stagnate.

Just because it's change doesn't mean it's good change.  And just because people are forced to come to grips with it doesn't make that fun either.  And yes it does cause the maps to stagnate more.  It's inevitable.  

It' easier to defend a base with one goon hunter than to take a base.  Toss forty potential goon hunters into the fray, few bases to take...and you are going to have stagnation.  

But I'm sure HTC has the number of captures in orange vs blue, normalized for arena population.

Those that are true strategerist will come up with new, more fun and better tactics to make this work.

Ah once again that arbitrary world "true" raises it's ugly head.  I imagine that the "true" strategists could come up with a system to deal with an Aces High were the only vehicle selectable is the jeep.  

Would it be change?  Yep.  
Would people adapt?  Yep...some would adapt by quiting I'm sure.
Would it be fun?  I don't think so.

For me AH is like hockey.  I can appreciate wicked passing and plays, but in the end it's all about getting the goal.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #830 on: December 04, 2006, 11:50:05 AM »
Can someone who hates the system please describe, calmly and accurately, exactly what has changed in the game setup, and how it has made everything but furballing completely impossible? Maybe I'm just not looking at the new setup in the right light.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #831 on: December 04, 2006, 11:53:48 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Can someone who hates the system please describe, calmly and accurately, exactly what has changed in the game setup, and how it has made everything but furballing completely impossible? Maybe I'm just not looking at the new setup in the right light.

No, you are just overstating the argument.  Perhaps that way people won't take it as seriously.

For me it doesn't have to make anything but furballing impossible for me not to like it.  Just reduce the availability of my being able to participate in activities that I have come to enjoy in AH.  ie. taking bases.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #832 on: December 04, 2006, 11:54:58 AM »
The only solid conclusion I am drawing from this thread is that those who are against the change honestly do not believe they can take a base without sneaking it or having a huge numbers advantage.  Taking a base that is somewhat defended is too hard?  lol, please...

:confused:

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #833 on: December 04, 2006, 11:55:01 AM »

I'd like to see that too, as I've been involved in more base defense and 'mishuns' then I've ever been involved with since the change.  Seems to have taken the 'furballer' right outa me :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #834 on: December 04, 2006, 11:57:42 AM »

sure thing hub,

basically, now there are only one or two fights to choose from, and there oversized,
also, a part of the game i find fun, defending, intercepting long range missions and attcking bases with elemnet of suprise is almost non-existent now.

I have no problem with guys who have diff opinions. just annoys me when you get flamed all the time. it means the game is nearly all in 3 grid squares, wich i personally dont like.

hope thats ok <>

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #835 on: December 04, 2006, 11:58:10 AM »
Me too Corky, what gives...

:D

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #836 on: December 04, 2006, 11:58:38 AM »
Originally posted by Stang
The only solid conclusion I am drawing from this thread is that those who are against the change honestly do not believe they can take a base without sneaking it or having a huge numbers advantage.  Taking a base that is somewhat defended is too hard?  lol, please...

:confused:

I think that says more about your ability to draw conclusions than the what is actually being said here.

Sure bases can be taken without huge numbers or sneaking.  But regardless of method it because amazingly more complicated when the enemy know which bases you can take or even exactly which base you can take.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #837 on: December 04, 2006, 12:02:03 PM »
Thrawn:

For me AH is like hockey. I can appreciate wicked passing and plays, but in the end it's all about getting the goal.

You just hit the nail right on the head. Do you think hockey always had offsides or icing, or do you think those rules evolved for better game play?

HiTech

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #838 on: December 04, 2006, 12:08:21 PM »
Yeah the Goal is good but its more fun to smack someone througfh the glass :P

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #839 on: December 04, 2006, 12:08:27 PM »
I have no problem with guys who have diff opinions. just annoys me when you get flamed all the time. it means the game is nearly all in 3 grid squares, wich i personally dont like.

I have to assume this was pointed at me Lauri.

For one Lauri I never flamed you once and I only participated in the discussion replying to what you typed.

But I am sure this was meant by you as a flame:
Time won't bear this out for you, as you could sit in a black dotted furball for eternity, and not notice a base flashing form your 'lack of vision on your part'.

your happy, thats good, but some arent, so have some respect them, we all deserve our say, if you agree or not, you'll find this thread started for me, when i claimed unhappy with changes, and was burnt like charcoal, no-one canm have their say if it doesnt agree with the likes of certain people.

You can have your say, no where did I tell you so Shut it or stop typing, but if you are going to type something, practice what you preach and let others counter point it without getting yourself all wadded up. :aok

Now back to the thread.

Sure bases can be taken without huge numbers or sneaking. But regardless of method it because amazingly more complicated when the enemy know which bases you can take or even exactly which base you can take.

Yes more complicated, means the need for better tactics and more complex strategery.  Isn't that what you guys have been clamoring for, for a while now?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 12:10:49 PM by Quah! »