Author Topic: Banning cluster munitions.  (Read 4622 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Banning cluster munitions.
« Reply #180 on: December 04, 2006, 06:48:22 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
Yeah.. its sooooooo much less scary that thousands of them are left and kills decades after they have been used.

I bet the attitude would be slightly different if your kids went out into the yard, on a school trip or played on a field tomorrow and got blown up by one. But they are not used against you on your soil are they? They are used over there ----> somewere were they bad guys live

;)

Sure they have gotten better in recent years and they are now at about the 1% fail mark. That leaves fewer. Btw how many duds is 1% of the total when you talk about cluster munitions? If it was 1% of regular shells and bombs it would not be that hard to clean up, but 1% of a few 10s of thousands still is ALOT

Where are you getting this data that thousands of unexploded cluster munitions from decades past are killing people? Where are they doing it and whose cluster munitions were they, and what decade were they dropped?

Do you have data ,or is this just more of your black turtleneck wearing Sandanavian Librule wussfest.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 06:53:29 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
Banning cluster munitions.
« Reply #181 on: December 04, 2006, 07:55:11 PM »
You don't like cluster munitions, do everything you can to avoid a war with those that use them. If you're not afraid, or your cause is important enough, be ready to live with the consequences, long-lived and hard as they may be.

There is a burden to any policy or decision. If that burden is too high, don't make the decision. The iraqi 'freedom fighters' are practicing this very calculus on the US army right now--trying to win by making an extended occupation too costly to maintain.

When war, in general, becomes too burdensome, then the decision to engage in it will become obsolete. The fact that we never engaged in a nuclear exchange with the USSR speaks pretty well for that.

The day when war is universaly deemed as unreasonably burdensome, it too will become obsolete. Until then, load those submunitions up with rusty nails, bits of broken glass and pig's blood. Do anything you can to make your enemy suffer more than you, and by the greatest possible margin. Otherwise, stick to making greeting cards.