Author Topic: New Patch Error  (Read 298 times)

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
New Patch Error
« on: December 05, 2006, 10:46:03 PM »
Installed the new patch as directed, as it was essential to install it if I am to play online.

Patch installed quickly and easily.

However, when I logged into the arena i selected, I got to the tower and the game froze with the clipboard map half loaded and the terrain textures all blocky and not colour-filled, just grey/white blocks.

First time this happened I was impatient and tried to alt+tab, ctrl+alt+del but my system would not respond and I could not get out of Aces High.

I rebooted and repeated the process only to find the same trouble. The second time I was patient, grabbed my guitar and played a few things, giving the game some time to get itself together....This did not help, the game still froze my whole system.

This has only happened these two times directly after installing this patch and AH was working perfectly lastnight when I was playing online. (No-one else has used the computer and it was left in stand-by with no non-essential processes (except Norton) running, so I can only conclude that this problem is a direct result of this patch.

I don't know if any others have experienced this problem... I just thought I would raise this here.

Regards

-Arch
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
New Patch Error
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 11:44:16 PM »
Quick question, you using a firewall?  The patch modifies the .exe which in turn is not recognized by the firewall anymore and needs to be given permission to access the internet again.  Game used to lock up if I forgot to set it before loading a new version on my machine.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
New Patch Error
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 11:49:08 PM »
I am using the Norton firewall but I've never had a problem with that before (including when i've switched to previous patches/updates etc) and I've changed no settings in that program.

I'll take a look at it though, thank you.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
New Patch Error
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 11:59:09 PM »
Hope it works cause that was about the only idea I had. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Basco2

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.aimtoday.com
New Patch Error
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 01:32:40 PM »
maybe you don't have enuf space in your computer??

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
New Patch Error
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 01:37:52 PM »
Xasthur, how are things working out?

What you could try is this: Delete the "Cache" folder in your Aces High install (default folder is c:\Programs\HTC\Aces High II\Cache) - relaunch the game and let it rebuild the cache.... sometimes a corrupt file in cache folder can cause system freezes.

Another thing i would check (best before rebuilding cache) is your VIDEO SETTINGS on first login screen. Sometimes they get reset to default with install of patch.

If you have the patience to, back up all settings, custon sounds, skins, sights, terrains etc and uninstall the game. Then delete the HTC folder (it gets left by the uninstall wizard), redownload the current version and reinstall.

If all that isnt helping, check the temperatures on CPU and GPU (vid card) and post a dxdiag (or email it to Skuzzy).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
New Patch Error
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 03:26:20 PM »
It is definately a firewall, and it should block Aces High II with each update/patch we do.  It is not something we have any control over.  Some firewalls have a setting which allow the same program access thruogh the firewall regardless of the changes to the program.

Side note:  Most of the time Norton will not disable when you tell it to.  So you cannot go by that.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com