Author Topic: Idea for players stuck "in queue"  (Read 1620 times)

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
Idea for players stuck "in queue"
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2006, 05:23:29 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..........

Of course, the percentage of people who threaten to quit and then actually follow through with that threat is pretty small I'd bet. These kind of hollow threats are not about the game or how HT runs it, its about "I'm going to stamp my feet and hold my breath until I get what I want!!".

Dont leave yourself out......Blaming only Dantoo.....

BTW....

Did you forget that was how the "new and improved orange furballs r Us arena" came to be.....

Glass houses................

Poker sounds good.............

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2006, 08:50:34 AM »
Originally posted by sgt203
Dont leave yourself out......Blaming only Dantoo.....

BTW....

Did you forget that was how the "new and improved orange furballs r Us arena" came to be.....

Glass houses................

Poker sounds good.............

When did I stamp my feet and threaten to quit if HT did do what I want?

What did I have to do with any of the changes?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2006, 01:18:38 PM »
Originally posted by USRanger
Well, first of all genius, I never said any of that, so don't eeeeven put any crap you spill in quotations.  I was putting forth a constructive idea, so go flame your troll crap elsewhere.

Truth hurts doesn't it?  You might cover your ears so you don't have to hear it but it doesn't change the facts.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2006, 03:23:40 PM »
sorry again for the hijack but Ack-Ack and his high horse need to be addressed.

what is this blase propaganda that the people with your game play style have been posting

If the community had addressed this issue themselves, HiTech would have never been forced to implement this.

So while you may think it "sucks" for you and your squadron you have no one to blame but yourself and your squadron.

this is a completely baseless statement. and should be translated as such:

hahaha   HT has undone what he had orignially intended and now you have to play the way i do    GO ME  and by blaming the "community" i get to make blanket critical accusations with out being in danger of getting called out

you act as if the new changes are some type of punishment for the evil wrong doings of the nameless faceless horde of country loving n00bs.  

where are you getting any information to show that OPINION of your too be true?  both of your posts thus far have been negative pointless post because you feel like HT sided with the short sighted players in the game when he hasn't.

Truth hurts doesn't it? You might cover your ears so you don't have to hear it but it doesn't change the facts.

facts  where are your facts? where is the proof that your posts have any merit at all?

you dont have any.  you just came barging in on a legitimate(all tho personally i think that perkie poker is a bit a of a stretch for a valid idea)thread and proclaimed victory against the BOPs in the name of your almighty Cod. the end of your ersonal holy war is in sight so you feel the need for unwarranted negative one liners in the wrong threads.

like ranger said take it somewhere else cause it aint welcome in this thread

now back to the topic at hand.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2006, 03:53:27 PM »
Originally posted by jhookt
sorry again for the hijack but Ack-Ack and his high horse need to be addressed.

what is this blase propaganda that the people with your game play style have been posting

If the community had addressed this issue themselves, HiTech would have never been forced to implement this.

So while you may think it "sucks" for you and your squadron you have no one to blame but yourself and your squadron.

this is a completely baseless statement. and should be translated as such:

hahaha   HT has undone what he had orignially intended and now you have to play the way i do    GO ME  and by blaming the "community" i get to make blanket critical accusations with out being in danger of getting called out

you act as if the new changes are some type of punishment for the evil wrong doings of the nameless faceless horde of country loving n00bs.  

where are you getting any information to show that OPINION of your too be true?  both of your posts thus far have been negative pointless post because you feel like HT sided with the short sighted players in the game when he hasn't.

Truth hurts doesn't it? You might cover your ears so you don't have to hear it but it doesn't change the facts.

facts  where are your facts? where is the proof that your posts have any merit at all?

you dont have any.  you just came barging in on a legitimate(all tho personally i think that perkie poker is a bit a of a stretch for a valid idea)thread and proclaimed victory against the BOPs in the name of your almighty Cod. the end of your ersonal holy war is in sight so you feel the need for unwarranted negative one liners in the wrong threads.

like ranger said take it somewhere else cause it aint welcome in this thread

now back to the topic at hand.

LTARS ROOOOOL!!!!::aok

C,MON PERKIE POKER WOULD BE COOL THOUGH!!  LOL

THE MA IN THE LOBBY IDEA IS PURE GENIUS!!!!

RESPECTFULLY ,

BONER

official "member of the AH  bb s

public relations officer for Boner
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2006, 04:01:45 PM »
i agreee it would be fun to play a few hands in the lobby  but i dont see how it could be implemented. not saying itsa bad idea at all but i just dont know how it would work.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2006, 04:09:51 PM »
Originally posted by lagger86
nice, but how about spending $0 a month to do absolutely something.

That's your choice..feel free.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2006, 04:18:43 PM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 04:58:18 PM by Skuzzy »
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2006, 06:20:52 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Truth hurts doesn't it?  You might cover your ears so you don't have to hear it but it doesn't change the facts.  

ack-ack

WOW!!!:O
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Idea for players stuck "in queue"
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2006, 08:15:03 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack

ack-ack

Hope Im online the next time you are on the side with numbers. I'll make sure to let you know that you need to be a side balancing part of the community.

Oh and I did try it....today...told me I couldnt fly until there was balanced sides or I coould switch...and fly with people I don't know while 7 of my squaddies we on.

There are some squads in AH that don't care where they fly or want to fight eachother.....Mine aint one of those. We go to the DA for fights among squaddies. It's what it was made for.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Re: Idea for players stuck "in queue"
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2006, 08:22:27 PM »
Originally posted by USRanger
Though I think the idea of having players stuck "in queue" or forced to switch sides is a horrible idea in my opinion, I'll try to be constructive.  Here's my idea.  How about letting players that are stuck "in queue" have the option of being a gunner, whether field or buff.  You don't get points for being a field gunner anyway (not sure about in buffs, but I'm sure it could be coded that way).  They also shouldn't get their name in lights for landing multiple kills while in their queued player status.  In effect, it would give players that are waiting something to do, without getting credit for their kills.  They would still be contributing while not getting the perks (literal and figurative) out of it.  Maybe players in queue could control the auto-acks.  That would be fun.  Heck, I'd stay in queue just to be a town ack, waiting to blast the first set of jabos diving in on my town!  Opinions?

Well since perk points seem to fallow you threw the game from arena to arena. How about we get a poker game in the lobby? Or a built in streaming Mp3 player. or since the game is about to become more of a chat room then a WWII combat sim how about IRC commands . Even Better a Virtual Love EWE!

:)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 08:25:06 PM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Killjoy2

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2006, 08:32:36 PM »
I'd suggest video Strip poker in the waiting que, but it would look like those Iraq prison pictures.   You know the ones where they stacked naked prisoners with Shawk on top!

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2006, 09:07:33 PM »
if i get stuck in queue i just log and play Hearts of Iron or FS2004... but then seeing as HTC still gets my money..... hes "happy" right?
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline JimJones

• Zinc Member
Re: For the squads...
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2006, 09:29:19 PM »
Originally posted by TalonX
Will we know what country needs the most players?  If so, a squad can change to that country and stay together.

I commented about being married to a chess piece in another post.  Get over it.  Just go to the light......  :)

Shifting piles of sand... at least that's what we call in at work when our load balancers don't work... which is most of the time.

Offline 96Delta

• Nickel Member
      • Loose Cannons Alliance (LCA)  "Realize Your Potential"
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2006, 10:31:24 PM »
Business 101: It costs more to get new subscribers than it does to keep existing ones.

Seems to me that Hitech is risking damage to his existing customer base and betting on making up whatever he loses with new subs.  I reckon he knows what direction he wants to bring this game in. :huh
Sure, its his business.  Yes, it is vibrant and profitable (I think?).  But so was Warbirds.  I say this to remind you that bad business decisions can cripple a business.

Anyway, my biggest gripe with all these changes is that to me, they seem to be going in the opposite direction from what he markets this game as.  I really wish it were not so...

His television commercial says to join the "war torn skies of World War II."  Huh?  World War II???

Were the Rooks fighting the Bish in WWII?  Were  La-7's opposing P-51D's?  Were Typhoons going up against Spitfires? Were the sides perfectly even?  Were only specific bases open to capture?  (Maybe that particular aspect of the "experiment" is to prepare us for the Vietnam version of Aces High?)...Argh!

On top of all that, one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game for most people is the community.  If all we wanted to do was fly alone we would all be playing box games and not online MMGs.  Its the community that creates the backdrop for enjoyable gameplay.  If you don't think so turn off your in-game voice and play "alone".  My bet is you will quickly tire of it.

Squads and the close relations that they spawn are integral to this kind of community experience.  Now with the "queue" a fragmentation of that close-knit group is all but inevitable.  This has the effect of ripping the "heart" out of the game and that can't be good for business.

Overall, its getting a very "gamey" feel to it and its not pleasant.

David
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 10:39:51 PM by 96Delta »

To be sure you are going to Heaven when you die  CLICK HERE.