Author Topic: Idea for players stuck "in queue"  (Read 1617 times)

Offline aerosaber

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tampapi.com
Idea for players stuck "in queue"
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2006, 10:32:58 PM »
I like the Poker idea.....NOT

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2006, 11:19:44 PM »
Originally posted by jhookt
sorry again for the hijack but Ack-Ack and his high horse need to be addressed.

what is this blase propaganda that the people with your game play style have been posting

If the community had addressed this issue themselves, HiTech would have never been forced to implement this.

So while you may think it "sucks" for you and your squadron you have no one to blame but yourself and your squadron.

this is a completely baseless statement. and should be translated as such:

hahaha   HT has undone what he had orignially intended and now you have to play the way i do    GO ME  and by blaming the "community" i get to make blanket critical accusations with out being in danger of getting called out

you act as if the new changes are some type of punishment for the evil wrong doings of the nameless faceless horde of country loving n00bs.  

where are you getting any information to show that OPINION of your too be true?  both of your posts thus far have been negative pointless post because you feel like HT sided with the short sighted players in the game when he hasn't.

Truth hurts doesn't it? You might cover your ears so you don't have to hear it but it doesn't change the facts.

facts  where are your facts? where is the proof that your posts have any merit at all?

Many of us including AKAK have been doing this WW2 flight sim thing over twice as long as AH's life span.  We didn't need the developers to try and design fixes for country balance issues elsewhere.  There were enough players with a little bit of common sense who would step up and keep issues like that from getting out of hand.  Hence, the community took care of it.

Now this community with the 'tude that the majority of the players seem to have don't give a **** about anyone elses gameplay.  Seems that a few years back half the community was perfectly happy to allow a 5 month strech where the same country could have more players than the other two combined on any given prime time evening.  Ive never seen anything that extreme in a similar game.  So if that isn't the community forcing the developer to step in, than I don't know what is.

And by the way, Ive been saying that well before any country balance system was put into place.

Originally posted by Murdr 12/2/2003
However none of this addresses the root of the problem, which is the lack of responsible squads in the game.  Specifically the ones that are more than happy to feel they are great and effective because they fly on the coutry with the most numbers, and can kick bellybutton all the time.  

Hats off to the squads that do switch countries to balance the numbers, and make game play better for everyone.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2006, 10:13:01 AM »
Now this community with the 'tude that the majority of the players seem to have don't give a **** about anyone elses gameplay. Seems that a few years back half the community was perfectly happy to allow a 5 month strech where the same country could have more players than the other two combined on any given prime time evening. Ive never seen anything that extreme in a similar game. So if that isn't the community forcing the developer to step in, than I don't know what is.

I'm glad someone remembers exactly how the eny came about in the first place.

HiTech

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2006, 10:30:11 AM »
You guys just don't get it do you. You're acting like children that have a fit when a parent tells you "NO". Stop being so stubborn.

There was/is a problem, and the problem is the community. The sooner you guys realize this and adjust, the better. HT is not breaking up squads, he's not stopping you from flying, and he has even now disabled the eny limiter.

Jump to another country and you get to up immediately without waiting. Is that so hard to understand? Take responsibility like adults and move your squad.

Offline stockli

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2006, 11:07:19 AM »
Can we have a note telling us which arenas arent accpeting pilots so we can better choose the arena to fight in?

I think it would be cool for the outnumbered countries to uber mega ack at their bases and towns so it would be harder to capture and could give players in that country some time to get up and airborne.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2006, 12:49:39 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
John,

I agree, and I think HT is on the right track.

If Dantoo is that unhappy, he should just leave and stop *****ing about it. Dont post a "suicide note" on the BBS, dont throw any bombs at HT, just stop paying and leave.

Of course, the percentage of people who threaten to quit and then actually follow through with that threat is pretty small I'd bet. These kind of hollow threats are not about the game or how HT runs it, its about "I'm going to stamp my feet and hold my breath until I get what I want!!".

if some other people had done this 3 months earlier,

we'd still have MA.

"When did I stamp my feet and threaten to quit if HT did do what I want?"

i believe you told him to quit fricking whining actually.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 12:52:49 PM by Laurie »

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2006, 08:11:16 PM »
Originally posted by Killjoy2
I'd suggest video Strip poker in the waiting que, but it would look like those Iraq prison pictures.   You know the ones where they stacked naked prisoners with Shawk on top!

OMG !!! That's funniest thing i've heard in awhile lol ...... Ledpig points and laughs at Shawk .... :D  :rofl