Author Topic: Raid on Polesti  (Read 4737 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2006, 10:12:16 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
Frikkin looser NOE lamer milkrunning tards!

Good thing radar didn't spot them at 12k!

:lol

Just because they "vulched Oil Tanks".......:noid
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2006, 11:02:01 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
1) you were using that as simply another photo to show what appears to be extremely low-level flight. I was pointing out "it's not so low as you might think".

Hey dilrod... ya might want to remember that the members of the raid were mostly occupied with combat roles.  Photographers were volunteers.  Very brave volunteers.  As it was, most pilots and crew members came back with the same story....  low as could be (including grass stained) to avoid the volume of flak thrown at them.

2) you were being an arse and using a coarse level of sarcasm and you know it. You basically accused me of saying everybody in the world is a liar. Scroll up and read your own post, in the context it was in (a response to my post). It's quite clear.

You of all people are the liar here.  You have been proven wrong so many times I lose count.  Whats up with this continued play of innocence?  he world your 12 yr old arse lives in must be wonderfuly bliss.  Especially without reality and facts getting in the way... oh wait... I see a 2 yr old 80 foot evergreen!  :rolleyes:

3) You have replied to my posts, but not "answered" them. For a while you engaged in debate, briefly. Then you brought out pilot quotes. I replied on a couple of those just to make a point, then you .. well see my "2" comment right above this.

Most posters here have provided fact (unlike your "expert observations") which are undisputed (other than in your misaligned twit of a brain) and to top it off, you have rebuked eyewitnesses as being wrong according to your skewed version of history...

4) unless you know the back story on that KC135 clip, don't use it as proof. He's going very fast and dips very low, but briefly, before pulling up in a steep climb. Maybe there was a malfunction, or a problem, and they had to pull out of a dive? Maybe it was a miracle they survived? If you don't know you can't say it's proof that modern military planes (large ones) fly low. You can't, really, anyways because it's only doing it for a few seconds before it pulls up.

I can tell ya this much dipchit... I have flown low... and have come back with grass stains along with branches and knicks in a prop from my attempts at flying low.  My instructor grounded me for a year when he saw the knicks and made me pay every red cent back for the repairs at the prop shop.  I have also been in a B-25 that skimmed so low over a North Carolina field that we cut two swaths in the hay over a thousand feet long.  The only reason we didn't go longer was to avoid a hill... after that we dropped back into a valley and literally came back with branches and residue in all areas of resistance.

You know what? All the name calling and insulting, I'm surprised you two haven't got this thread closed. I'm done with it. I don't care who claims it, unless you can prove it nobody's going to believe that those bombers flew 30 feet for any extended period of time. From a top gunner who supposedly shot at hay bales that normally don't get taller than a man, to a pilot that found a piece of grass stuck on a pitot tube, but no 60-foot-long smear of grass stain, neither of which is really possible as-told (in other words you don't know the entire story), nothing here has shown they flew scraping the ground (which would have almost killed them) or 30 feet and lower.

Ok, so let me get this straight.... youa re now agreeing that they flew at 30 foot.  Just not for extended periods of time....  :rofl

You're a class a touchhole.  Your level of lies knows no bounds, and frankly, I used to think it funny to poke fun at your lies.  Now it just disgusts me to think what damage your waste of flesh and bile is going to do to society.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2006, 11:12:27 PM »
Originally posted by Nomak
blah blah blah

translated to read:

I really hate anything the Blue Knights post.  I am so full of envy and jealousy that I will lower myself to defending a liar to take a swipe at the Blue Knights.  I really hope that every one really sees my wonderous contribution to the AH community through my non-centric outbursts of spew directed to make hate against the Blue Knights.  Sadly I do not realise that HATE is what the Blue Knights crave.  

Oh, btw, my surgery to try to go beyond being a eunuch failed horribly, and now I have to squat to pee.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2006, 12:28:21 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
translated to read:

I really hate anything the Blue Knights post.  I am so full of envy and jealousy that I will lower myself to defending a liar to take a swipe at the Blue Knights.  I really hope that every one really sees my wonderous contribution to the AH community through my non-centric outbursts of spew directed to make hate against the Blue Knights.  Sadly I do not realise that HATE is what the Blue Knights crave.  

Oh, btw, my surgery to try to go beyond being a eunuch failed horribly, and now I have to squat to pee.
[/QUOTE

SkyRock<---owns Bodhi..............but not at completely cutting a MoFo open and pouring salt in!  :rofl

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Bunyip

• Zinc Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2006, 01:06:03 AM »
great thread havent laughed like that  in ages

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2006, 01:07:30 AM »
This tread and Benny Moores groundloops thread are actually more entertaining than playing the game recently.

Sad but true.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2006, 01:43:47 AM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
This tread and Benny Moores groundloops thread are actually more entertaining than playing the game recently.

Sad but true.

Was just going to post something similar on this!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2006, 02:18:43 AM »
Originally posted by Nomak
I really dont have a clue.

Although I have gathered that the borg collective is tangling with krusty.  I am considering jumping in on krusty's behalf however I am pretty much to lazy to read the whole thread and/or go find facts about some raid that I care nothing about.

Maybe you should read the thread first to find out what the discussion is about?

And yes, i agree, you are clueless.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2006, 02:37:15 AM »
I see the bk's have infested another thread.........

<----waits for the fishies
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2006, 02:41:37 AM »
Ribbet.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2006, 05:10:54 AM »
um, this is like arguing over who won the football in 1943. you might know for sure what the end score was, but like hell anyone here is old enough to have a real certain clue what happened during the game.

bunch of know-it-all tryhards. :furious
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2006, 06:28:28 AM »
This would be funny, except for all the sad stupidity and spinning involved.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

storch

Raid on Polesti
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2006, 07:03:02 AM »
is it considered cannibalism when the BKs eat each other?  you guys want some curry?

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2006, 07:42:07 AM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
This would be funny, except for all the sad stupidity and spinning involved.

I agree Savage, When I first read that about the bombers being as high as 14K I was like, "did they have two raids on polesti?"  There is actual footage shot from that raid from inside one of the bombers.  Treetop level going in and coming out was the norm!  Where there were no trees, it was grasstop level! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Raid on Polesti
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2006, 11:01:32 AM »
OK  went digging through all my books that had bits on Ploesti.

Some quotes showed up that speak specifically to height.

One of the 389th BG "Sky Scorpons" had bomb bay doors that wouldn't open.  They dropped through the doors.  They brought back corn stalks in the wreckage of the dangling bomb bay doors.  That's gotta be below 30 feet.  Not many 30 foot + corn stalks have I ever seen.

Bill Cameron of the 44th  in "Buzzin Bear"   "roared away from her bombs at 75 feet."

Jon Deihl of the "Flying Circus" was in the lead plane of his formation.  "Diehl pulled up to 250 feet to clear smoke stacks and the bombs dropped as he cleared the obstructions and made for ground level again"

And this one that really seems to cover it.

"One B24 dipped a bit too low and plowed through a haystack.  The pilot prudently raised his altitude to 30 feet."
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters