Author Topic: Game card?  (Read 342 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Game card?
« on: December 05, 2000, 06:23:00 AM »
Am having probs with joystick spikes as you all know.

Been checking up on it and also in other games the joystick is spikey.

But so are my rudders and my throttle.

Whhich leads me to believe that the prob ain't the pots, but the joystick port I am using. An el cheapo one on a sb64pci soundcard.

My question is: does having a dedicated gamecard help? Which one to buy?

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
while(!bishRookQueue.isEmpty() && loggedOn()){
30mmDeathDIEDIEDIE(bishRookQueue.removeFront());
System.out.println("LW pilots are superior");
myPlane.performVictoryRoll();
}

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Game card?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2000, 10:09:00 PM »
You may want to try installing the original gameport driver for that soundcard. The drivers should be downloadable from creative. If that is what you have got then try using the microsoft standard joystick port driver or re-installing it from scratch.

Fail that, it might be worth getting a better quality SC or dedicated gameport card, but i dont know anyone that uses one. I got a Diamond monster sound II (MX-300) and thats really good. Or even USB (if ya got money to burn).
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
Game card?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2000, 05:16:00 PM »
USB is the only way to go if you can start affording it. In my opinion putting money into an old analog gameport card is putting good money into an old technology. If you have to get one spend the money on the PDPI L4. I had one of these and it's the best for online gaming.

Still, there's no comparison to switching to USB stuff. USB is rock solid. I will never purchase an analog piece of equipment again.

Ranger Bob