Author Topic: Next time you meet a wealthy person, thank them...  (Read 4125 times)

storch

Next time you meet a wealthy person, thank them...
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2006, 11:52:50 AM »
bob, there is not sliver of a chance of anyone ever becoming too "successful".  success is the progressive realization of a worthwhile dream or goal.  I set annual goals in four areas of my life, whether these goals are attained or not there is always something that I'm focused on that keeps me motivated to progress.  time has taught me that success isn't a destination but rather a path.  one must constantly mind the tiller because it is easy to stray from the path and it is very narrow.

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2006, 12:09:49 PM »
Originally posted by storch
bob, there is not sliver of a chance of anyone ever becoming too "successful".  success is the progressive realization of a worthwhile dream or goal.  I set annual goals in four areas of my life, whether these goals are attained or not there is always something that I'm focused on that keeps me motivated to progress.  time has taught me that success isn't a destination but rather a path.  one must constantly mind the tiller because it is easy to stray from the path and it is very narrow.

For once, I agree with you completely. I was just trying to be a bit ironic/obnoxious. The tone that predominates in this thread irks me awfully, especially when certain people make certain assertions as if they were foregone conclusions. Wealth=corruption=increased obligation to compensate for all those who paid for that wealth. As I've said before, people that take that to heart do not believe in the creation of wealth, and are therefore unlikely to ever make a difference. My hope is that they make their ineffectuality complete, and keep their idiocy within the confines of their craniums. But then again, our right to speak our minds, however small they may be, ranks right up there with our right to enterprise, so I suppose this is one of the prices we pay.

I too agree that there can be no limit to success. I doubt that you'll need it, but I wish you all the luck in your endeavors.

storch

« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2006, 01:19:21 PM »
thank you.  please forgive this next seemingly arrogant statement because I do believe that a certain amount of luck is necessary but again time has shown me that the more I prepared and the more diligent I am about executing what I'm paid to do the "luckier" I seem to be.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2006, 03:51:53 PM »
Originally posted by Grayeagle
How .. umm ... er .. Thrawnic -evil grin-

Thrawnical?

Thrawnilistic?

Thrawnilogicalistic?

-GE (I better stop!)

Life of no meaning
So falls the lotus blossom
So gently I weep

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2006, 03:55:26 PM »
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God (Matt.19:24).

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2006, 04:04:31 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God (Matt.19:24).

Now, THAT is an argument. We should all just shut up after that.

You don't scare me john, just before I die, I'll give all my stuff away and will become poor as you prescribe.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2006, 04:16:07 PM »
Originally posted by mietla
Now, THAT is an argument. We should all just shut up after that.

You don't scare me john, just before I die, I'll give all my stuff away and will become poor as you prescribe.

Fear not, the government takes it when ya die and gives it to crack potatos that they might have even more urchins for your taxes to house in our fine prisons when they grow up;)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

storch

« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2006, 04:27:54 PM »
yup if your estate is more than $600k start considering establishing trusts

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2006, 05:42:38 PM »
Originally posted by cpxxx
It's remarkable that I can be described as a 'leftie' for suggesting that people on lower and middle incomes should be cut a break on taxes. A 'leftie' who suggests and supports tax cuts? Just how distorted a view of the world can you have to think that?

Since when is a tax cut for a lower paid person some kind of communist plot?  As Rolex says most middle income families are three months away from homelessness if something happens to their jobs. These people are the bedrock of the community. They are the wealth producers who make  the wealthy rich. Without them the rich wouldn't have a customer to sell to. The key to any economy is to have a strong and comfortable middle class with money to spend. That keeps the Paris Hilton's of this world in champagne and diamonds.

First you must realize that the Cons in here listened to OxyRush and his kind blathering on and on to much. The actually believe that being called a dem,liberal or lefty is a put down. They believe that dems,lefties, or liberals dont love this country, fight for this country, or work.
They also dont understand that taxes pay for the things that make the values of their homes increase.
And they dont understand the consequences of catering to the top 1% by giving them all the benifits even though they control the largest % of the $ and value in this country/world.
They actually think that corporations are what make this country great. Why else would they keep voting other cons into office who give corps incredible tax breaks and outright permission to rape the people and the workers?
Recently Swift company was raided for illegal workers. Since these workers were picked up and deported Swift has had to raise its pay scale for the USA citizens that will work thier to replace the illegals. The intent of the cons is to break the unions and create a large pool of poor workers so that corps dont have to pay decent wages. This isnt a secret.
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2006, 06:02:17 PM »
Originally posted by john9001

All the rich men go to hell? That's amazing! With all their tax dollars monopolized by Satan, Hell must be like Monte Carlo on crack!

Thanks for letting me know about this, John... Now there's no reason to be good.

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2006, 06:15:41 PM »
Originally posted by Neubob
All the rich men go to hell? That's amazing! With all their tax dollars monopolized by Satan, Hell must be like Monte Carlo on crack!

Thanks for letting me know about this, John... Now there's no reason to be good.

You're obviosly talking to Matthew, not John

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2006, 06:48:15 PM »
Originally posted by Booz
You're obviosly talking to Matthew, not John

I'm pretty sure that Matthew isn't a member of this forum.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2006, 07:42:36 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
A black hole just formed in my soul.

It was my Christmas present to you!

Ho! Ho! Hi!

Happy Holidays to you and yours!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2006, 08:55:39 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
It was my Christmas present to you!

Ho! Ho! Hi!

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

:)

To you and yours as well.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #119 on: December 24, 2006, 01:42:37 PM »
Well said Silat   :aok
My current Ace's High handle is spro