Author Topic: Does anyone fight anymore?  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Does anyone fight anymore?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 08:09:08 AM »
Gaidin, we're not complaining about people dropping on us from on high, we're complaining about them being above you and NOT coming down. I was climbing out with a P-51D and a Typhoon at least 5,000 feet above me, and they both turned and ran.

And my complaint isn't getting killed by HOs (since most people can't do them right anyway, just knock off an aileron or the rudder. Kick rudder and they are lost), its the ones who scream down nose to nose and then pull up and disappear when they have every advantage.

No one wants to fight, they just want their easy kills with the least possible chance of a challenge.

Like chasing Propdog in his Lancasters through 3 sectors earlier only to have him bail as soon as I get within icon range. WTF is the point of flying all that way just to bail out as soon as you see a fighter??
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

storch

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 08:12:36 AM »
I hear ya.  I think an La-7 on my six is better than me on an La-7's six or no La-7 at all.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 08:15:26 AM »
treize...i agree with you, i fly my tiff, and evertime i engage with a spit, la or hurri they 9 times out to 10 go for the ho shot, and if they cant get ya in the ho, they ram ya any chance they get. i will see some 109's or 190s and sometimes ponies and they will have alt advantage on me, i just kinda wait and see what they do, mostly they try to bnz and the whole time i'm avoiding their shots, they eventually end up burnin their E and once they discover that they lost the upper hand and i'm on their 6, they run. i used to chase them down, but now, y waste my time chasin after dweebs. i fly mostly after 10pm, sometimes i'll b on earlier than that but mostly them are my hours. let me know if ya wanna fight, i'll b more than happy to put a good fight. i too am sick of the ho'n ace pilots. a good fight is hard to come by. but they ARE out there.

<>
betty
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 08:54:06 AM »
PERK THE LA-7!!!!!!!!!!!! Grass roots effort starting right hear again. If AH will listen to many other voices and change arena's around then i say PERK THE LA. It is the only real choice when you think about.  Every swinging dink in the LW arena's with his brand spankin new 2 week free account says "whats good to fly". People say "well the La7 is ok to fly". "If ya get in trouble just run" hehehehehhe:furious  Will never undestand why the F4u4 is perked and not the La7. And while your at it perk spits, goons and Betty.:rolleyes:
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 08:57:47 AM »
i hear yas phazer.  dj111 told me him and another gent used to take m8's (i think) and fly down hills and jump cliffs to see who went the farthest.  sounds like fun  :aok

i have been having some great fights lately but there are always some out there who still dont get it.......  if i'm in a p-51b and there are two cons below (lead and wingman) you have to fight to your planes ability.  sure, i'll turn fight but what are the circumstances?  p-51b vs 2 spits?  down low or up high?  pass and extend, work down their e is what i would do.  maby those two cons are hvy and otw to pork or light and otw to stop a goon.  if i get em down and occupied, i've accomplished my mission.

also i'd like to say something about channel 200.  it bytes  :mad:

other day i was called a noob for shooting down his afk plane.  too funny.  this morning i get called ack hugger because two planes were vultching a field and i could not get alt or e.  when i finally did, i got in a great fight with 1 of them only to be hosed by his buddy.  ohh well.  what really ticked me off was there was no positive comments from the con i was engaged with other than him calling me an ack hugger.  i did say gk to his wingy.  ohh well.  btw, i dont need a medal or wtg but if all you can do is bad mouth someone, dont say anything at all.  go on your merry way.

my 2 cents?  lighten up francis and have fun (to the angry name callers).  if they run, let em run.  no biggie.  if they hug ack, yippie.  9 times outa ten they will do what u expect them too.  just have fun.

S!
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 09:10:20 AM »
I guess to me the only thing I like about this game (besides the community its self) is the interesting angles in a dog fight. Weather they be large or small, fast or slow makes no difference. The more angles the better. Without angles fights, this is just another boring shoot em up war game. After 4 hours tonight I found 1 good angles dog fight, and about 3 or 4 that were half way good. I was forced into having to BNZ from 22k just to survive. Boring! I Hate that style of fighting.

The trouble I have is that once I find a con and start a fight that is fun and worth while, I get ganged by 5 others before the fight hardly even starts.

I can reverse 1 or 2 guys coming at me from 20 k, but I can't reverse 8 or 10 of them. I spend most of my time trying to "drag" a fighter away from the 20k altitude hoard just so I can dog fight him. But then they run and I have to chase them or try another "drag." Its the way the game is made. The altitude and the number of people at that altitude, and what they do up there, is out of hand. You either join them up there or die real quick.

I know what I would like to see happen, that doesn't have a chance in hell of happening. I would like to see the DA get a points system same as the MA. If it had points, people would want to go to the DA. Then I would like to to see a celling cap put on altitude so everybody doesn't just keep trying to fly higher than everybody else just to get an E advantage. People that want a good angles dog fight would be able to find one.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 09:20:08 AM by Clutz »

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 09:25:43 AM »
why perk me.......what i did?  hehe

i'm sweet and innocent....perfectly harmless :D
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline reeb

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2007, 09:30:42 AM »
I had a vet in a ki84 hover 5k above a fight yesterday and he woundnt come down unless you engaged someone else. thats all he did hover and wait till you where engaged. and when you get co alt with guys like this they dive and run for their lives. I could understand a noob, but a vet in a KI84 and is afraid to come down and play. Its getting pretty sad, the fear of loseing a cartoon airplane. Id name the guy cuz alot of you know him and he flys nikis but im sure he would cry and say he didnt but there are like 10 people that seen it. he hovered without attackin for a good 10mins without attackin then when his country mates showed up and mixed it up he dove on the guys that engaged. To funny

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2007, 09:32:02 AM »
The LARGEST SINGLE PROBLEM with AcesHigh, imo....... is that everything blows up so easily.  Just give them a tap with your four Hispanos (insert favourite ord here) and they go boom.  This feature feeds the run (self preservation) mentality.

If the game was justa little more difficult (lethality wise) to kill other players I think more people would stick around for a good time drag down scrap em up fight.  Thats what I remember most about WBs....you could get into an extended fight, lose parts...start smoking and still be alive to have a decent chance at turning the tables.  This happens so rarely in AH, at least for me.

But lethality settings are HTCs call, not mine.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 09:32:46 AM »
Originally posted by Shane
Sigh... a whole new generation of noobs to ejumikate...

it's the personality, not the plane...

its so true.

for you noobs that don't know, shane is the legendary la7 pilot of days gone by that would always make me laff with the phrase:

"you castrati not bad 5 on 1"

not only would shane humiliate me in any plane in the main arena and then laff at me openly on public channel 1, but he would often spare me some time in the DA to help improve my shockingly bad flying to a more respectable level.

the community as a whole is worse off for not having players like shane around.

Batfink <------shane's number one castrati ankle humper. :D
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »
Shane's not bad 1vs 1! :D

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 10:01:38 AM »
I'm with you Gary!
Or we can all start flying LA7s!

Also, Griff started his Fire Fighter training this week! He going to be one of you!
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 10:27:12 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
The LARGEST SINGLE PROBLEM with AcesHigh, imo....... is that everything blows up so easily.  Just give them a tap with your four Hispanos (insert favourite ord here) and they go boom.  This feature feeds the run (self preservation) mentality.

I  don't think any fighter size AC can withstand a 1/2 sec burst of cannon.

Especially 4X hisookas.

As far as runners go.
Mehh... I have given up trying to chase them.

I now let em come to me and my frilly pink spit Mk IX.

Hell it's pink!!! :O    Why would you run from a pink AC?:huh

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 10:27:14 AM »
the community as a whole is worse off for not having players like shane around.

Wholeheartedly agree ... Bat, sad to say, but I think only you and I maybe the only ones that feel that way.

<--- not a Shane anklehumper ... I just understand Shane.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 10:32:04 AM »
If you squelched him, Shane was a great guy :D

Seriously.... awesome pilot, very helpful and friendly (if you got him alone) - just a bit.... loud :).

21 is only half the truth.