Author Topic: Does anyone fight anymore?  (Read 2997 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Does anyone fight anymore?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2007, 10:42:22 AM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
If you squelched him, Shane was a great guy :D

Seriously.... awesome pilot, very helpful and friendly (if you got him alone) - just a bit.... loud :).

LOL ... I never squelched him ... his fishing style was second to none ... always fun to see a master at work.

He provided me many hours of laughter watching him work the bait.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 10:56:18 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
the community as a whole is worse off for not having players like shane around.

Wholeheartedly agree ... Bat, sad to say, but I think only you and I maybe the only ones that feel that way.

<--- not a Shane anklehumper ... I just understand Shane.

Makes 3 here.  Shane was a kewl cat!  He was very nice fellow in the DA and liked a good fight!  Last time I saw him on, we were flying to this base and getting ganged by Kermit and friends.  We were flyin hogs I think and otw to the base he started tailing me so I tried to reverse him and we fought for like 5 minutes like that!  Shane could help the MA by juist being Shane!  That way I would nt have to do all the noob smacking around here! :D

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2007, 11:10:24 AM »
Did you mean to say, "nooblike smacktalking"?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2007, 11:17:08 AM »
Originally posted by Shane
Sigh... a whole new generation of noobs to ejumikate...

it's the personality, not the plane...

Come back, Shane....

....Shane....come back.....

- oldman

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2007, 12:02:13 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Did you mean to say, "nooblike smacktalking"?

OK Hub, would you like for me to smack you around?  U got some films of beating me in DA smashed out of my mind so now your big guy on block?  Would you like some new films of you getting owned without even getting guns on me?  I'll be sure and keep my beer consumption under 6!  Lemme know!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2007, 12:18:52 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Makes 3 here.  Shane was a kewl cat!  He was very nice fellow in the DA and liked a good fight!  Last time I saw him on, we were flying to this base and getting ganged by Kermit and friends.  We were flyin hogs I think and otw to the base he started tailing me so I tried to reverse him and we fought for like 5 minutes like that!  Shane could help the MA by juist being Shane!  That way I would nt have to do all the noob smacking around here! :D

I remember that night.  A bunch of bks were flying together and I remember diving in on 1 of them (4 were flying together) and happened to kill stang right away.  It was funny.  Before you know it, a furball happened with both sides being equal.  Then the country I was on gained the number advantage 3 to 1.  That's when stang and shane upped la7s and started flying through the horde keeping their speed, killing whoever didn't see them.  They both racked up aprox. 10 kills each.

For some reason, shane kept outturning my typhoon, in his la7, and killing me.  He's a good fighter.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2007, 12:24:04 PM »
Well the typhie's got piss-poor turning capabilities, the la7 is one of the better turn-fighters in the game. No wonder.

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2007, 12:26:45 PM »
I don't think we should blame the plane..  I used to hate the Lala and the spixteen...but now I just chock it up to immaturity.  Some people will be dweebs in whatever plane you give them, and if you let them, they can ruin the game for you.

Some people are idiots in real life...so they will be idiots in the game.  :(  To me, that's why a good squad is so important.
P-47 pilot

Offline chaingun

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2007, 12:31:25 PM »
rofl, do we fight? well i do always, never runs, rtb and i say it on ch200 mostime to, calls what cons infront of me, and usaully get a reply to, been flying il2, 80% of time for chits and giggles, so why run?? to fight till no ammo or damage, FLY IY LIKE YOU STOLE IT! Great fights to all ive encountered lately

storch

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2007, 01:32:19 PM »
make that 4, shane is very helpful an intelligent as well as proficient in cartoon games.  an asset to the game.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2007, 01:32:59 PM »
*sigh*  Has it been that long?  There is a thread like this every couple of months.

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Re: Does anyone fight anymore?
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2007, 02:35:31 PM »
Originally posted by Treize69
(not naming names here spatula)

LOL, nice one...

I recall the incident your mentioning. Why you make such a song and dance about it is beyond me. FWIW, that particular incident, my wingman and I were trying to defend a base which was being totally overrun (at some points it was easy 10:2 or so), so i come in with alt, prioritise my targets, and my ordering of priority puts fast planes like P51s and 109K4 and La7s at the top of my list. I see a P51 and a spudfire hacking at the town, so i nose down take a run at the P51 (my #1 priority target) and i see it was smoking (hit from town ack probably), and i sure as h*ll aint going to leave it alone, so i shoot it down. Turns out it was you Treize (not mentioning names either).
I don't see how this can be SO upsetting for you to come on here brandishing names about the place to try and discredit people. Seems to me you got tagged by ack and got yourself in a bad position and paid for it. I didnt choose your a/c cause i knew you were damaged and a soft target, quite the opposite: i choose your P51 as i assumed, initially, it was the highest threat to me.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
fight the pilot not the plane
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2007, 02:37:09 PM »
Originally posted by republic
I don't think we should blame the plane..  I used to hate the Lala and the spixteen...but now I just chock it up to immaturity.  Some people will be dweebs in whatever plane you give them, and if you let them, they can ruin the game for you.

Some people are idiots in real life...so they will be idiots in the game.  :(  To me, that's why a good squad is so important.

:aok   Best post in the thread.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

storch

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2007, 02:56:21 PM »
stampf did you guys re-name your squadron or did you join another?

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2007, 03:10:34 PM »
Don't let it bother you too much Spatula, for some people, whining on 200 simply isn't enough.

When the original poster said he wants people who fight back what he is really saying, without ever admitting to it, is that he wants people to play the game the way he wants them to, not the way they want to. By saying, "You can have it.", he adds the requisite, "I am going to quit."  whine.

What's really nice about this whine is that it actually has some merit. Everyone w/ even a basic knowledge of arena tactics and ACM find the "HO and go" tactics to be less than fun.  The sad, immutable fact is that the arena is full of people that are completely satisfied w/ jousting.  They'll take their one kill, go down in flames themselves, and consider it a successful flight.

Many people laud the new, more "realistic" flight model of AHII over AHI.  I'll not argue this point but submit the following possibility: since the more advanced flight model is more difficult to become proficient in than the old, many newcomers are less willing to invest the time to learn good combat tactics and thus we are left with even more "HO and goes" than ever. I'm not stating this as fact or even my opinion, but it certainly is a possibility.

Steve