Author Topic: Does anyone fight anymore?  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Does anyone fight anymore?
« on: January 09, 2007, 04:20:49 AM »
Or do you all just run away if you can't set up a no-risk HO or catch someone unable to fight back?

I just spent the last hour and a half chasing running Las and high alt pickers who don't engage even with a 2:1 numbers advantage unless you are deadstick and 10' off the ground (not naming names here spatula) and run away as soon as you look like you might be able to fight back.

90 minutes, 5 sorties, 1 kill, 0 assists, and 1 death to being picked after losing my engine to flak. If this is the way its going to be (since its been like this just about every night for the last few weeks), you can have it. :furious

I know this thread is going to be locked in less time than it takes a N1K to set up a HO and run, but I'm sick of putting up with this same crap every night and playing all nice about it. Had about 4 days of good fights in the past few weeks, all between 6pm and Midnight eastern US time, other than that its nothing but a HO-and-pick fest the other 18 hours of the day. So annoying that when I get home from work in the morning I don't even bother, I wait for my days off so I can fly against people who actually want to FIGHT BACK.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 04:29:03 AM »
there is a simple phrase 'fight fire with fire'

if you see that its dweeb hour in the main, then fly like  dweeb yourself.

grab a PonyD, La7, 190D, tempest or maybe even a 262 and go have yourself a pick fest.

when you do find a few guys willing to fight a good fight, then bail out and grab a P40b.

;)
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 04:37:55 AM »
I'm fairly new to AH and I posted recently that I was tired of getting shot down all the time.  Got a lot of positive feedback and encouragement.  Now I just up and go for it, try to learn as much as I can and not repeat mistakes.  I am having a blast because now I don't worry too much about jumping right in and mixing it up.  So I tend to agree, because I have seen some of the same stuff and I thought it was just me.  HOs happen, it's life I'm finding in here.  But I thought I was supposed to try to get on someone's six, not their twelve! :lol
See you up!
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 05:14:19 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
there is a simple phrase 'fight fire with fire';)

But BatfinkV, what about pride :lol

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 06:06:21 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
there is a simple phrase 'fight fire with fire'

Was my thought exactly. I jumpd into an La7, but puked all over the dash and gunsight before I was even rolling down the runway.

It was safer to just ditch it than attempt to clean it.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 06:23:13 AM »
Since the influx, nothing but extremely timid ponies and dora's.  The la7's I generally come into contact with, will at least will turn once or twice before running, which is enuff for me 50's to shred em!  But the time I waste setting up reversals on those ponies and dora's only to have them nose down and run is just pathetic!  They won't even take ur 6 usually if they don't have a buddy or two there to help them!  I can't tell you how many "ownage" films I have of them getting pwnt by me 1-hog!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 06:48:39 AM »
i think alot of people are scared of all the 109s, 190s, and f4u s you see

filling the ah skies these days.

there must be millions of em!!!!:rolleyes:

oh yeah!!  don,t forget all the spits!!!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 07:17:34 AM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline VermGhost

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 07:05:23 AM »
Hey Treize the kill you got from about 20 minutes ago wasn't so bad, you even had 3.5 inchers under the wing and managed to assist me putting a big hole in the ground.  I don't even think you had to fire a shot...I was that A6M if you don't remember :D

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 07:09:35 AM »
I agree with you Treize for the past mnth or so i have had the exact same results as you have but i cnt up a la7 i just cnt do it that would be too easy.

I used to just let the ho artist/pick artist get away with it and not say anything but for the past few week i have been getting really angry about it because its happening so much, even really experienced pilots (you know who you are) are upping la7s and hoing everything in sight even if they have the numbers.

I get called a dweeb for flying a spit 16 but at least i turn and fight i dont run unless badly damaged or outta ammo and i hardly ever go for the HO shot.

Decided to take a few days off the game to calm down coz the fun factor had gone, hopefully all will be well again in a few days.

The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 07:20:02 AM »
Come over to MW:aok
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 07:27:54 AM »
Sigh... a whole new generation of noobs to ejumikate...

it's the personality, not the plane...

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 07:38:56 AM »
Here's a suggestion:

Go into the fight at 15k altitude with plenty of speed, prepared to attack.  Maybe that extra five minutes of climb out is just too boring of a way to play, but it will get you a fight.  Not everyone can or will run.

Once you've blown your altitude, prepare for all the dora's, p51's, etc. to attack you.  That's when the fun starts.  If no one is there to attack you, climb back up and look for another victim, er fight.  Altitude  equals options and speed equals life.  

No, its not a furball but those typically don't last long in the MA anyway.  

Regards,

Malta

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 07:42:15 AM »
Yes, I remember Ghost, you had me dead to rights but didnt kill me (holed my right wing up pretty bad though). Was preoccupied trying (unsuccesfully) to get the Panzer rolling into the base and never even saw you coming. Would have definitely given you a if you'd pulled that one off, caught me napping. :)

Sadly you wer the only aircraft who engaged me that flight, including the Typhoon who kept pulling his nose up and running like a bat out of hell whenever my B-Pony got within 5K of him.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 07:42:53 AM »
Yep,
 I will HO if I up at an airfield that is being over run, but in a one on one fight, if during the first pass the person tries an HO I'll leave the fight. Call it running or what ever, it's just no fun.
 So I sit in a ack gun most of the time, tank plink or race jeeps down mountians. ZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOmmmm
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"

Offline Gaidin

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 07:56:58 AM »
Well, this reply wont make me popular, but here it is.  I play this game because I enjoy the challenge.   There is just as much challenge in lining up a shot while diving from 10k as there is in turnfighting 1v1 to me.  Maybe its because I suck I dont know.   Simple fact is, object of the game is to up your plane, kill the other guy, and dont let him kill you.   I mostly fly a Hurri 2c, so Im not outrunning anything.  You show me your prop or your tail, doesnt matter to much to me, my objective is to kill you.  If that means HOing im ok with that.  If you turn fight me, Im ok with that too.  If you dont want to get HOed, turn your freaking airplane and dont go head on with somebody.   If you dont want to get picked by somebody diving from 15k then keep and eye up and when you see them diving   turn hard when they get to 1.5k.   Most likely they wont be able to turn with you.   If im in a 109G14, Ima Boom-zoom-climb.   If im in a Hurri2c, Ima turn you into the ground.   Its part of the game.  Play the cards your delt or dont.   Up to you, if you want to pay 15 dollars a month to sit in a field gun or drive a jeep down hills thats up to you.   Me, I will adapt my fighting style to what is neccessary for me to kill you before you kill me.  War is hell, change is worse, throw them both together and you get adventure and learn some stuff!!|
Death is but a doorway to life, only those who fear life fear its opening.

Ingame: 68Gaidin

Proud Member of the CM Team
FSO - Admin