Author Topic: Cragganmore for HiTech  (Read 1734 times)

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hmmm...
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2007, 09:08:32 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
He's probably saying the Scots learned distilling from the Irish, which is true. However, the Irish most likely learned it from English missionary monks.

The latest information indicates the English monks developed the practice so that in the distant future HT could be persuaded to add the B-25 Quitch to AH before it's too late for my dad to fly it here as he did in New Guinea.

ya, couldn't remember for the life of me where the irish monks learned it from.  i do know that the Normans, who where not exactly welcome guests in Ireland, where credited for spreading whiskey from ireland.  they also dubbed the word whiskey as they could not pronounce the gaelic version.  back in the day....irish whiskey was far more popular than scotch, though in relatively recent history, with the 2 world wars, prohibition in the US, and unrest in Ireland, scotch became more available and more popular.  Of note, once supplies are get cut back, it takes a long time to restore inventory, as the with the long maturation process.

i'm sure there is more, but my brain is fried atm.  i will say the monks where indeed brilliant to understand the potential of whiskey as a bargainig chip:)
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
Cragganmore for HiTech
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2007, 11:15:43 PM »
I'll give a bottle of Glenmorangie to anyone who lets me shoot 'em down in the MA just so I finally get a kill..JK, I'll get it eventually, but that Glen is good stuff!;)
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...