Author Topic: What is a HO??????  (Read 2105 times)

Offline bzek74

• Copper Member
What is a HO??????
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2007, 09:55:41 AM »
a ho is a beautful thing with 20mm or better =p

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
What is a HO??????
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2007, 09:57:37 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
HOs only exist in duels where the two combatants make rules prior to flight about firing at the initial merge. In the arenas, there are no such rules. Always expect someone to shoot at you headon.

I always forget that!!  :D
325th Checkertails

Offline Gumbeau

• Copper Member
What is a HO??????
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2007, 10:08:10 AM »
It takes 2 to HO.

A Head on is when both pilots have a gun solution and NEITHER is trying to avoid the other.

ANYTHING else is not a head on.

Avoiding the HO is easy and a proper lead turn against a pilot trying a high AOT front quarter shot will result in gaining angles on a bandit.

The reason is quite simple. If you are maneuvering while the bandit is trying to shoot you are gaining angles because he has to fly essentially straight to shoot at you. Even a small reduction in G in an angles fight is enough to give away large angles in an all out angles fight.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
What is a HO??????
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2007, 06:36:05 PM »
Originally posted by Gumbeau
It takes 2 to HO.

Avoiding the HO is easy and a proper lead turn against a pilot trying a high AOT front quarter shot will result in gaining angles on a bandit.

ok......PLEASE don't flame me for this........but this confuses me a bit...i know it sounds stupid, but i just don't get it.  
 the way a HO seems to mostly happen to/with me, is a bandit sees me, has more e than me and can run me down, if i turn away for more speed. if he's near my 3 or 9, he turns into me, same thing.......it feels like the only choice i have is to turn into the attack.  i almost ALWAYS try to dive UNDER my attacker if i have to do this, as it gives me a bit of speed to use. problem is that as soon as the bandit sees my nose drop, he duplicates the maneuver.....so i pull up a bit to go over his head.......and he does the same thing as me again. you guys n gals have no clue how many times i've been collided with from bandits doing this....and if they don't collide with me, then like i said, the 38, and 110 act as magnets. if i try to turn away, i give him a perfect belly shot at me. if he misses the belly shot, then he's now got the advantage.(like he needs it with an unskilled pilot in a 38 lol) as he's now either at my 6 or he's pulled up to keep from overshooting me.
 i do realize that the HO is a part of combat....and yes, i have used it in the past...more often than not when i find myself with no other choice(or so it seems), or on occasion when i just get downright impatient.
 now here's the part where i bet you all flame me.......i KNOW that HTC can turn off the ability to do this. EA did it in AW2, and AW3..and those were nowhere near as advanced as this. that may be the solution to all of the HO's.........turn off hit scoring from head to head to about 5 degrees off center,(LT is ducking his head now) and yes, i too will probably complain when i try to face shoot someone, and no hits are scored......but i'd be willing to bet that it causes all of us, new and old to learn better tactics.
 and finally....if ANYONE wants to offer any help to this 38 driver, i can make myself available almost any night from 9pm est onward......

please be gentle
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Gumbeau

• Copper Member
What is a HO??????
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2007, 07:37:02 PM »
CAP1,

I can teach you how to properly avoid a HO attack in about 15 minutes but we need 3 people. We need 3 so you can watch the lead turn technique from my perspective.

Or I can try to make a film and send it to you.

Its all in the timing of your lead turn.

email me at gumbeau@houston.rr.com and maybe we can get together or I can send you a film.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
What is a HO??????
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2007, 10:13:39 PM »
Originally posted by Gumbeau
CAP1,

I can teach you how to properly avoid a HO attack in about 15 minutes but we need 3 people. We need 3 so you can watch the lead turn technique from my perspective.

Or I can try to make a film and send it to you.

Its all in the timing of your lead turn.

email me at gumbeau@houston.rr.com and maybe we can get together or I can send you a film.

dude...you name a time, and if i can humanly possibly even remotly make it, i'll be there! also..i think in the training arena, i can join you and actually watch from your perspective as you do it.......ren had helped me like that a few months ago when i first started this dam.....i mean wonderfully addictive game:D

have to add a not here real quick.....i fly in early war a lot with my squad.........we were defending A4 from one of the other chess pieces.......there was a guy there.......wombat i think it was........pased up not 1 but 2 chances to HO me......but unfortunatly shot my tail off.....also noted that ubastard avoided it too.<<<<>>> to them!! real fighters:aok :D :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MIShill

• Copper Member
What is a HO??????
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2007, 11:40:31 PM »
Originally posted by Mustaine
I'd hit it :aok

It's a guy.
-MI-

Offline HevyHand

• Zinc Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/186thangeryinch
What is a HO??????
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2007, 04:03:13 AM »
:furious I'm so sick of this crap I'm not sure but I think it takes two HO. ( If it's red it's dead)

Offline HevyHand

• Zinc Member
What is a HO??????
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2007, 04:03:17 AM »
:furious I'm so sick of this crap I'm not sure but I think it takes two HO. ( If it's red it's dead)

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
What is a HO??????
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2007, 10:00:31 AM »
Ho shot hmmmm.............
personally I feel their is no such thing.
If your merging head on, each participant should expect it yes?

Another question:
Is it a Ho shot when your engaging bombers head on going for a canopy shot?
Answer: NO!
In that scenario it is a high probability multiple kill!
1. It is a game
2. It is a sim
3. Did I say it is a game?
4. Do we stand at attention and salute our opponent as we bail out from our planes with our goggles up and our white crisp scarves flowing in the breeze.:huh
Survey says???
NO!:furious

Which brings me to the ever so popular 200 channel??
Whatever! We will play the game the way we want to play it thank you very much! Mr/Mrs 200 whinner person:mad: When you start paying my $14.95 then you can open your mouth and dictate the S.O.P's!
Well I think I managed to kick the ribs right out of that dead horse!:aok

Hornet 33!

Offline HevyHand

• Zinc Member
What is a HO??????
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2007, 02:56:06 PM »
:aok Hornet YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
What is a HO??????
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2007, 05:43:03 PM »
Another question:
Is it a Ho shot when your engaging bombers head on going for a canopy shot?
Answer: NO!
In that scenario it is a high probability multiple kill!

4. Do we stand at attention and salute our opponent as we bail out from our planes with our goggles up and our white crisp scarves flowing in the breeze.:huh
Survey says???
NO!:furious

Which brings me to the ever so popular 200 channel??
Whatever! We will play the game the way we want to play it thank you very much! Mr/Mrs 200 whinner person:mad: When you start paying my $14.95 then you can open your mouth and dictate the S.O.P's!
Well I think I managed to kick the ribs right out of that dead horse!:aok

well, i knew i'd get someone goin when i posted in here.  RE shooting bombers head on......i don't....and i fly ju88's a lot in early war, and as of yet, not had a head on attack. when i'm attacking bombers, i either chop throttle, and dive straight down, attack from the side, or if its a liberator, i attack from its 2 or 10 and go for the wing root.:D

as for salutig someone who's kilt us........i have, i'm sure you have, and i'd think quite a few have......screw standing at attention though.:lol
 unfortunatley, i've also whined on 200 too..........but o well......its fun....specially if it aggitates someone else playing for a different chess piece.:aok

anyway, if i offended anyone here........ YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SERIOUSLY.......HAVE FUN......SOONER OR later i'll learn to avoid that shot

Hornet 33! [/B][/QUOTE] :D :lol :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline rv6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.aircombatusa.com/AC_Testimonial.htm#James
What is a HO??????
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2007, 06:12:42 PM »
Oh, puh-LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
What is a HO??????
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2007, 06:36:47 PM »
A HO is one-half of one of these packages.

You're welcome.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
What is a HO??????
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2007, 10:06:15 PM »
Originally posted by rv6
Oh, puh-LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
now THAT'S funny!!!!
thanks dude!!!!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"