Author Topic: FYI This is not a "HO":)  (Read 3835 times)

Offline 68Boomer

• Zinc Member
FYI This is not a "HO":)
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2007, 01:32:46 PM »
Hmmm...once again folks, lets revisit the basis of this game, WWII Air Combat. Being a WWII nut and watching as much as I can on the Mil Channel, The History Channel and such, it appeared to me that if a pilot had an opposing AC in his sights, the trigger was pulled, regardless of aspect, quarter or angle. Personally, I don't HO anyone until they do so, then all bets are off. As for the initial pic in this thread, well, as I seem to do very often, chalk this one up to PFU! Pilot put himself in a bad situation and as a result.......lights out. So shall we just put this "HO" issue to rest and go have some fun? Simple philosphy......if it's red...it's dead. (or at least try to kill it:rolleyes: )

Offline Eagle Eye

• Copper Member
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2007, 02:18:31 PM »
Since I am waiting for my DSL connection before I return I will give my opinon of a HO.(Obviously I'm bored)

If you find yourself for whatever reason Nose to nose with an opponent here are the possible outcomes.

#1 Niether fire you both manuver till someone makes mistake runs out of fuel or crashes.

#2 You decide to be honorable and manuver he HOs You scream nice ho he laughs last and laughs best.

#3 You Ho he Screams HO you Laugh last laugh best.

#4 While you 2 are battling a member of country 3 shows up and kills one or both of you he laughs last laughs best

#5 While you 2 manuver your friend drops in steals the kill you get accused of pileing on.

#6 Reverse of #5

#7 You both collide and mutual accusitions of  HO go out on 200 everyone else laughs at the both of you.

As you can see there is no goo out come. So Kill or be Killed and move on. :cry

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2007, 10:29:17 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
As long as I've been here, what classifies an HO is when both parties can get a guns solution.

My regards,

Widewing

With all due respect, many of us are anticipatory fighters, meaning we see the nose to nose coming.  Sometimes you have to wonder if the other guy is forcing a chicken situation that would call for the triggter to be pulled out of necessity.  So, when I see people pullng hard to come around, I generally assess whether they are going for that situation and try to counter that, mostly successfully but not always.  Occasionally when the guy hits me, I might say, "HO dweeb" and I sometimes get the response like one in this thread, which is, "it was a high deflection".  I am aware that it was a high deflection, but your intentions were to pull nose to nose to force it so YOU are a HO!  Period!  If I am the guy in the la7 in this film, I could have easily chopped throttle and pulled inverted nose to nose into Snaphook forcing a legitimate HO situation.  I am not saying that Humble meant for it to be a HO situation but the angles he flew just to get this type of shot were at best average to par!  Not trying to be too disrespectful to your flying snap, I just think a better more dominating kill shot could have been achieved with a different set of attack angles!   Mark:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2007, 12:40:56 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Occasionally when the guy hits me, I might say, "HO dweeb" and I sometimes get the response like one in this thread, which is, "it was a high deflection".  I am aware that it was a high deflection, but your intentions were to pull nose to nose to force it so YOU are a HO!  Period!  

So if someone pulls into a lead turn on the merge for a deflection shot, you'll call them a HO?  You have any concept of ACM or you just one of the "air quakers"?  My guess it's the latter.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2007, 04:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
So if someone pulls into a lead turn on the merge for a deflection shot, you'll call them a HO?  You have any concept of ACM or you just one of the "air quakers"?  My guess it's the latter.

ack-ack

You act like pulling into a lead turn for a high deflection shot on the merge is some elite manuver.  I think what I said is very plain to those who understand!  Maybe you think you know more than you actually do! Why don't you invite me to the DA to find out how much I know about acm?
Just in case you find an excuse not to go to the DA, getting around quick is not that hard to do and if both do it, then a HO merge occurs!  Gun solution on both ends!  
I can't resist not saying this, "Woot!  I shot him in the face before he could get around and shoot me in the face! WOOT!!"  LMAO!   :rofl  Obvious ownage, huh!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2007, 04:56:55 PM »
With all due respect, many of us are anticipatory fighters, meaning we see the nose to nose coming.  Sometimes you have to wonder if the other guy is forcing a chicken situation that would call for the triggter to be pulled out of necessity.  So, when I see people pullng hard to come around, I generally assess whether they are going for that situation and try to counter that, mostly successfully but not always.  Occasionally when the guy hits me, I might say, "HO dweeb" and I sometimes get the response like one in this thread, which is, "it was a high deflection".  I am aware that it was a high deflection, but your intentions were to pull nose to nose to force it so YOU are a HO!  Period!  If I am the guy in the la7 in this film, I could have easily chopped throttle and pulled inverted nose to nose into Snaphook forcing a legitimate HO situation.  I am not saying that Humble meant for it to be a HO situation but the angles he flew just to get this type of shot were at best average to par!  Not trying to be too disrespectful to your flying snap, I just think a better more dominating kill shot could have been achieved with a different set of attack angles!   Mark:aok

I was actually entirely defensive, if you look he'd tryed to HO me ion the previous "merge" I rolled out of plane and over setting up the 2nd "two circle" merge with me going down hill and him fighting his own E pulling around. I was 30 degrees or so out of plane....he kept pulling hard into me but hadnt cur his speed enough. So I had to either dive out {giving up all my angles} go vertical {and risk he had enough e to follow me up [also giving up all my angles]} or pop him in the canopy.....easy choice.

I'm far from the best stick here, the original image/comment is just factually correct. That is not a HO. Further its not a cheap shot in the context it was taken. I was engaged by a "superior" plane with E and alt and worked a two circle fight that gave me a decent shot. Had he "tightened up" I'd have gone vertical and either had a rolling scissors or conversion to a one circle fight. Now as I said...you, greebo, blukitty etc would (IMO) have kept the under looking for me to force the shot setting up a rolling scissors I would be at a disadvantage in. I'f you look at the clip i'm just sitting there watching the guy pill up and into me:)

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2007, 05:10:43 PM »
You act like pulling into a lead turn for a high deflection shot on the merge is some elite manuver.  I think what I said is very plain to those who understand!  Maybe you think you know more than you actually do! Why don't you invite me to the DA to find out how much I know about acm?
Just in case you find an excuse not to go to the DA, getting around quick is not that hard to do and if both do it, then a HO merge occurs!  Gun solution on both ends!  
I can't resist not saying this, "Woot!  I shot him in the face before he could get around and shoot me in the face! WOOT!!"  LMAO!   :rofl  Obvious ownage, huh!

Never implied it was an "elite" maneuver, just ascerting that it's not a gimmick shot or a skilless HO shot like you seem to imply it is.  It is a very legitimate merge maneuver and to discount it like it's some gimmick shows what little understanding of ACM you have.  In case you don't know what a lead turn is, here is a perfect example.

another example

Here is an example of a Head On Pass.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song