Author Topic: Win conditions  (Read 908 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Win conditions
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 10:26:51 AM »
Originally posted by Kuhn
It seems to me that if the countries were more organized, maps could be won even though it is allot more difficult than before. I have been in with raids to capture a base and most of the time if it isn't taken quickly, people lose interest and head some where else on the map. I cant remember how many times there has been a great battle for a base and suddenly 50% to 75% of the help just dissappears and leaves the rest of us cold.

that is just a inherant part of the game.

thats the mentality of alot of players.

that should be taken into account when making changes to the game.

the people should change and adapt?

i think for the most part, people have adapted to most of the new changes.

but to expect them to adapt to 50/50/95 is unrealistic.

most will just give up trying.

why force people into that position?

there have been enough changes lately that have supposedly solved some  of the alledged problems.

WHAT PROBLEM IS THIS 50/50/95% CHANGE TRYING TO SOLVE??????

LACK OF MAPS????

perplexed,:confused:

Boner
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 10:30:29 AM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
Win conditions
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 10:32:26 AM »
I did like it better when we had more map rotation to add some more variety.  I don't much care how the map rotation is done, but it would be good to have more of it.

Also, the severe ENY is just annoying as it often prevents or prolongs the final victory which gives us a map rotation.  Perhaps it should be limited to 10 at the worst so people can still fly decent planes but the best of the best will be reserved for the side with low numbers.  This may help with winning a map and getting more map rotation.  

I do like the low perk cost for the low number county.  That seems to work very well.

Thanks,
Venom

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
Win conditions
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 11:04:08 AM »
I do agree with the ENY complaint. It is just plain silly when its at 25 or more. :furious
325th Checkertails

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
Win conditions
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 11:26:47 AM »
Originally posted by 1Boner

HT, why don,t you just come out and say it already?

you don,t want the win the war style play in here anymore!!!

And this is a bad thing why?:aok

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
Win conditions
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 11:52:28 AM »
Originally posted by PK1Mw
And this is a bad thing why?:aok

Because Base capturing is an integral part of the game play. Hell If it was just a shoot em up, I wouldnt play it. Or pay for it. I play for the strategy of it. TO me its better then chess.

Base capturing is at the core of the game.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Win conditions
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 12:30:40 PM »
Although boner is an outstanding friend and squaddie, i must say that i like the hard to win a map idea.  you can still capture bases...you just dont get the final "xxx have won the war" message.

it seems to have lessened ganging to an extent and there are more even battle fronts as best i can tell...

on the +/- side...i find i dont play as much or as long...as i have posted before, the changes have sapped my "enthusiasm" or addiction for the game.  i definitely dont feel the "need" to play anymore...im still mixed if that is overall good or bad for the game if others feel this way too.  for me personally its ok because i was probably playing too much before.

however i can also easily log knowing that my buds are not in danger of being "reset" quickly due to the new capture system.

i LOVE the need to own xx percent of each countries bases...brilliant!!!!

i personally wish we had the single MA and the new capture/win system and ack in place....also i really miss variety of maps...i guess i mean larger maps because most of the new middle size maps are not exciting from my point of view.
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline MotorOil1

• Copper Member
Win conditions
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 12:42:30 PM »
Now I do like the isle map but I think a week of it is enough in the minds of the community.

there have been some porblems this month and when the server reset happens it always comes back the the isle map.  With HT's comment I sense another agenda and I won't speculate as to what it is.  I have my own opinion but that's all it is.  

Love the game HT, keep up the good work, do what you gotta do.  There's always other arenas.
MoterOil
-=Most Wanted=-
"These are detestable murderers and scumbags. They detest our freedoms, they detest our society, they detest our liberties." - General Hillier July 14, 2005, on Osama bin Laden and his ilk

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Win conditions
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by 1Boner
these changes i think are coming to slowly ween us off the "win the map"
style of game play.

soon it will be totaly eliminated.

it will become such a brick wall, that no one will bother trying to "win the map" anymore.

I don't know if you're right or wrong Boner.  Wrong I hope.  Would be a real drag for resets to become a functional thing of the past and exist only theoretically.

The dynamics of winning and losing and being in the middle are fun.  Sometimes full of anguish, but then there's bunches of 8K buffs to pick on.

Without an objective, a "game" ceases to be a game.  It becomes a time filler whose satisfaction is innately selfish versus a time filler that invites individuals to work together to win.  Be it bridge, football, or Aces High.

All the Best,

hap
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 01:27:46 PM by Hap »

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
Win conditions
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2007, 01:41:41 PM »
There already was a post regarding this, so at the risk of repeating myself, I agree that 50% is a bit too high.  I have only seen one reset lately.  The lure of "winning the war" has always been one of my favorite things about Aces High.  So could we please consider returning to the previous setup?  I know quite a few of my squaddies also feel the same way but most of them don't visit these boards (they prefer to play!).
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Win conditions
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2007, 02:45:21 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
Although boner is an outstanding friend and squaddie, i must say that i like the hard to win a map idea.  you can still capture bases...you just dont get the final "xxx have won the war" message.

it seems to have lessened ganging to an extent and there are more even battle fronts as best i can tell...

on the +/- side...i find i dont play as much or as long...as i have posted before, the changes have sapped my "enthusiasm" or addiction for the game.  i definitely dont feel the "need" to play anymore...im still mixed if that is overall good or bad for the game if others feel this way too.  for me personally its ok because i was probably playing too much before.

however i can also easily log knowing that my buds are not in danger of being "reset" quickly due to the new capture system.

i LOVE the need to own xx percent of each countries bases...brilliant!!!!

i personally wish we had the single MA and the new capture/win system and ack in place....also i really miss variety of maps...i guess i mean larger maps because most of the new middle size maps are not exciting from my point of view.

Thats it falc!!!  check your own 6 from now on!!    jk:cool:

while i agree that winning the map should have been harder than it was in

the past, my question still stands!!

What was wrong with 33/33/90 ?????

it was harder than the old way and you could win a map in a resonable

amount of time.

why the change????????????

checkin falcs 6:O

Boner
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Win conditions
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2007, 02:48:38 PM »
TT still in LWo .....can't be arsed ....going down the pub for a few an a cigar

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Hard to Win
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2007, 03:21:12 PM »
IMO,

The current scenario is very very hard to realize victory.  The one benefit to it that I have seen, and this of course coming from someone who enjoys, organization, teamwork, leadership and a common struggle shared by most is..the enhanced level of teamwork exhibted by some of the senior Knight players like Whels, Alpha81, Lusche, and others.  The Knights have been such a fubar clusterbutter for the past year, it is nice to see some of the "leaders" working together.

Other than that...more larger maps, a decrease in minimum field requirements, and 1 LW areana would all help too.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Win conditions
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2007, 04:17:47 PM »
"Because Base capturing is an integral part of the game play. Hell If it was just a shoot em up, I wouldnt play it. Or pay for it. I play for the strategy of it. TO me its better then chess."  

chess is difficult to master :aok

Offline Monster0

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.vetgamer.com
Win conditions
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2007, 06:32:01 PM »
We are all frustrated with the lack of maps.  HTC has never lied to us.  Trust me they are more people who enjoy capturing bases then air 2 air combat.  I'm pretty sure, if not 100% sure, that they are working hard on resolving issues.  Especially maps.