Author Topic: Win conditions  (Read 912 times)

Offline Sifu

• Zinc Member
Win conditions
« on: January 18, 2007, 01:33:57 PM »
Does anybody else thing the win conditions are a little high?  50% of both teams and 95% on your own fields seems a little high.

Offline 68Boomer

• Zinc Member
Win conditions
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 01:38:47 PM »
Kinda makes everyone use all aspects of combat tactics don't you think...instead of swarming a side, you have to think and get a little of each while protecting your own ass..ets.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Win conditions
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 01:41:12 PM »
I think hes not questioning the fact you have to get fields of BOTH teams, but that you now have to get 50%, where it was 35% before.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MotorOil1

• Copper Member
Win conditions
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 01:42:05 PM »
Ya, I'd say 50 is a little high.  You didn't need %100 of one country's fields for the win before.  %40 might be doable?  Might be......

%30 might actually allow for a few resets a couple times a week?
;)
MoterOil
-=Most Wanted=-
"These are detestable murderers and scumbags. They detest our freedoms, they detest our society, they detest our liberties." - General Hillier July 14, 2005, on Osama bin Laden and his ilk

Offline TexInVa

• Nickel Member
Re: Win conditions
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 02:29:42 PM »
Originally posted by Sifu
Does anybody else thing the win conditions are a little high?  50% of both teams and 95% on your own fields seems a little high.

Yes, but to complain about it is to make yourself a target to the "anti-whine" crowd.

We may not be able to win a map, but the maps will (hopefully) still change weekly.

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Win conditions
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 03:40:17 PM »
I think they are set to high personally, lots of other people too.

As far as the weekly map changes, doesn't seem to be a go to me either.  Orange arena been using the same TT island map going on a month now(seems like, not positive).  

Plus as I've said in the other post, the last two sunday nights we've had server crashes, so all gains/losses are lost....and it reset to the same map.

Offline Monster0

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.vetgamer.com
Win conditions
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 06:09:22 PM »
If we did not play tt map for a year I would not miss it.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Win conditions
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 06:49:00 PM »
previous reset target was 33%  now we have 50%.  As I said in my other thread 35 to 40% would be tough but at least a chance of a weekly reset.  I feel the 50 50 is to high a target and actively NOT taken part in win the war.  At 50 50, short of an all out surrender, no one team is going to reset because of time zones around the planet.  Whats taken in my day is recaptured in someone else's day.  Bish aussies been active in LW regaining bases etc and so on.  

33% was do-able with some juggling but 50% is close to taking the piss.  I actually liked the set rout system that's been shelved

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Win conditions
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 07:35:48 PM »
Originally posted by TexInVa
Yes, but to complain about it is to make yourself a target to the "anti-whine" crowd.

We may not be able to win a map, but the maps will (hopefully) still change weekly.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Maps change weekly thats a good one.
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
Way 2 Hi
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 07:54:35 AM »
Bettween the areana caps, and ENY. Winning has become ridiculis. We actaully won the other night, but ENY was so high we were flying JU-88's and Hurri Mk1's. 33% was adaquate and kept everyone on their toes. Even when you get a horde, the uncapturable bases make it very difficult. The one map we finnally won on, was being played around 6 days. ANd most of the time we had superior numbers. I think thats the only way we won.

Cheers
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Win conditions
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 08:33:13 AM »
it seems to me that every change that has been coming along lately, is geared toward making it harder and harder, to now nearly impossible to win a  map.

these changes i think are coming to slowly ween us off the "win the map"
style of game play.

soon it will be totaly eliminated.

it will become such a brick wall, that no one will bother trying to "win the map" anymore.

i,ve been seeing more and more guys going to TT lately.

its almost a waste of time to try to play land grab anymore.

50% ????   laughable!!! with 95 % of your  own?? lmfao!!!

HT, why don,t you just come out and say it already?

you don,t want the win the war style play in here anymore!!!

frustratedly yours,

Boner

here comes the usual intelligent responses.:aok

rolling undefended bases ,  hordes , blah blah blah:furious
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Win conditions
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 08:56:16 AM »
What 1Boner said up there....here here.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Win conditions
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 09:47:03 AM »
I don't say it 1boner, because it is completely untrue.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
Win conditions
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 10:07:18 AM »
It seems to me that if the countries were more organized, maps could be won even though it is allot more difficult than before. I have been in with raids to capture a base and most of the time if it isn't taken quickly, people lose interest and head some where else on the map. I cant remember how many times there has been a great battle for a base and suddenly 50% to 75% of the help just dissappears and leaves the rest of us cold.
325th Checkertails

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Win conditions
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 10:14:18 AM »
A great many people give up almost immediately. If it's not easy, they're not interested. Probably why the new win conditions are causing some unease.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech