Author Topic: Anybody Using Vista?  (Read 9485 times)

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Anybody Using Vista?
« Reply #240 on: April 02, 2007, 02:40:51 PM »
So, OFF topic, how does AH work under Windoze Server 2003?
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Anybody Using Vista?
« Reply #241 on: April 02, 2007, 04:00:47 PM »
I really do not know.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Connection

• Copper Member
Anybody Using Vista?
« Reply #242 on: April 02, 2007, 08:27:58 PM »
See Rule #4, #5
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 06:09:31 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
Anybody Using Vista?
« Reply #243 on: April 02, 2007, 09:33:24 PM »
Originally posted by Connection
You may not be making an outright rule on what we may or not say, yet at the same time you are making it very specific that we better hold back our opinions if they differ from yours, or else there could be consequences. At best, we can disagree with you but we have to thread VERY lightly.  

I have to deal with people, on a daily basis, who cannot get the game to run under Vista, at all. It is frustrating for me not to be able to help them.

This isn't against anyone specific but think about it.

Some bonehead like me is thinking of building a new computer to play aces high.  He reads all these posts (On the aces high website) saying that there's nothing  wrong with vista and that it's the way to go.
So mr. bonehead orders all his parts, then slaps it all together only to find that when playin aces high the game doesn't run as good as xp did.
Vista is new, it's supposed to be better, since  i read it all right here (on the aces high website).   Since vista is newer and better, it must be htc's fault.

I'm actually really glad i've been following this thread, because i like this game alot, and if skuzzy and everyone else who's against it, was saying how great vista was, and i bought it and installed it on my new computer, only to find out that it's got alot of issues, and wasn't what it's cracked up to be, i'd be kinda pissed.

And being an adult who plays video games my first reaction would be to tell my friends that htc are jerks for telling me to buy super vista when there game, and i'm sure a bunch of others don't work to well with it. :lol
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 09:38:31 PM by Speed55 »
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
Anybody Using Vista?
« Reply #244 on: April 02, 2007, 09:57:53 PM »
hey i think vista might outperform my old 98'(just let me put it back together :lol)

i think Vista might have an advantage somewheres we just haven't found it:rolleyes:
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Anybody Using Vista?
« Reply #245 on: April 02, 2007, 10:07:08 PM »
While I'm far from a fan of Vista, I do have to say I believe the performance will increase as time goes on.  ATI/AMD and nVidia have to start from square one, so it will take some time to get performance close to XP levels...but it will never be as fast as XP on the same system.

It's been that way with every release of Windows...but with Vista it's been much more drastic.  (At least in my experience).  Some of my games run up to 25% slower, others only slightly slower.

But really...it's not the game performance that keeps me from using Vista, because I know that will improve.  It's the oddities, crashes, and bugs (45 seconds to move a 15kb text file?).

I'll be the first to admit that I am not your standard "Joe user", so the "issues" I see may never be seen by many people....but the fact remains that they ARE there.  Does XP have bugs, you bet!

Vista will get better, I don't think it's a good OS, I hate that we waited so long for the POS that it is...but through sheer force of will (money) Microsoft will make it as good as XP....they have no alternative.

If you are stuck with Vista, is it the end of the world?  No.  But as someone who's life is IT...it's a slap in the face.

Vista UAC implementation alone is enough to drive someone to drink....
P-47 pilot

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Anybody Using Vista?
« Reply #246 on: April 03, 2007, 06:17:06 AM »
Connection, you want to drag this out in public, fine.  Let's get this straight.  Mini D was banned for continued personal attacks after being privately warned to stop.  Yet, that really is none of your business is it?

Furious was banned for being completely out of line towards a member of HTC..  Again, not any of your business.

But your self-righteous indignation over something, which is none of your business, would not prevent you from making an abusive, inflammatory, and disrespectful post, would it?  It would not prevent you from making an attempt to keep it private, would it?  Oh no, you had to air for all to see as you just knew you are so right.  From your perspective, we at HTC shold just take any abuse dealt to us?

If you do not like it then you can leave as well.  I am tired of the people who think they have some right to abuse members of the community and HTC.  And I am really tired of people like you who come in here and support it by making yet another personal attack over something which is none of your business.  Consider this your warning.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 06:29:27 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com