Author Topic: VOTE for 1 750 cap LW arena  (Read 926 times)

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
VOTE for 1 750 cap LW arena
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 08:54:53 AM »
What is the freaking obsession w/ Late war??......have some 'stones' and visit MW or EW ....grow up people!!...gee whiz
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007, 09:00:37 AM »
Originally posted by Helm
What is the freaking obsession w/ Late war??

werd - HORDE

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 09:13:15 AM »
I thought people wanted this

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2007, 09:17:30 AM »
Originally posted by duh
I thought people wanted this

yeah!!   one "people" wanted this

HT
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007, 09:34:17 AM »
I'd prefer to fly in either MW or EW, but there is ALMOST never any fights going on when I log in. Im tired of fighting HOin Las and spit 16s all the time, but going against them is better than trying to chase down some milk runner who bails once his bombs are dropped or I get too close :(

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2007, 10:36:50 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
It was never a server issue Bat. It has alway been a social issue. As the arena population increased the  community suffered, causeing to much of a rift between countries and such. HTC wants the smaller arenas to bring the comunity back to how it was before. As the numbers increase again, don't be surprised to see the caps either lock at 350-400 in the LW arenas forcing more to go to MW and EW ( my prefferance), or another LW arena appearing down the road.

cc that sir, thank you.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2007, 11:38:47 AM »
Originally posted by Mustaine
With HiTech's post in the other thread about numbers online and they regularly having over 850 or something... and then with the ammount of new players coming into the game, I would not be suprised at all to see the LW arenas both having a max of 500+ in the near future.

the part that stinks sometimes is during the US "Daytime" where the caps are in the 150-200 range and you want to fly where your squaddies are.

i would agree but the number of players hasnt risen much since ah1 ended adn the beginnin of ah2.. thought it did drop and has since got up to where it is now.. so maybe ur right :aok .. its just a matter of how long till we see that.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2007, 11:52:11 AM »
Originally posted by TW9
so maybe ur right :aok ..
I hope so, that's what keeps me going ;) :aok :lol
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2007, 11:53:45 AM »
Mustine off topic but when do you usually get on? for the ladder fights?
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2007, 11:57:53 AM »
Originally posted by Husky01
Mustine off topic but when do you usually get on? for the ladder fights?
I am on all sorts of weird times...

honestly there is no rhyme or reason, as being unemployed I got alot of free time :(

I'm popping in there right now actually
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline fjaloma

• Zinc Member
Squad Arena
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2007, 12:01:27 PM »
First, I'm not in a squad, but am a 3 year AH veteran and feel your pain.  Here's what us Silicon Valley types came up with.  Forward this to AH if you like.

It's not that difficult to code. I used to fly Falcon 3.0 at my old office on the company network. We had some of the delvelopers write code that only allowed you on as a "single" for 15 minutes. We had formed squads based on department, Sales, marketing, development, IT etc. A couple guys would try to crash our dogfights/missions. So development changed our login procedures and set up ID that required a Squad ID. Anyone could log on, but if your ID was not associated to an existing Squad, your session would time out after 15 minutes.  

So as long as you and your across the country squad mate log on within the allotted time period, you're safe. Otherwise you have to wait for one of your buddies to show up. If they're on already when you log in, then you're golden.  

If they choose to, AH can set up a Squad only arena that requires a minimum of 2 squadmates to be on at the same time.  (Numbers on this server would be half of the current numbers in MA.)  As the squad leaves and you're the last on one in your squad, you'll be timed out in 15 min and you go back to MA if you want.  The fix to this is to set up a "Misc" squad for all the "singles" that are left.  If your squad bails for the day but want to stay on, you log into the Misc. Squad for the remainder of your play time. There has to be 2 players in the Misc Squad and same time out rules apply.   Pretty simple.

It worked for us in the Silicon Valley.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Squad Arena
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2007, 12:09:15 PM »
Originally posted by fjaloma
First, I'm not in a squad,

What's the end game?

I fail to see the benefit.

Offline fjaloma

• Zinc Member
What's the End Game?
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2007, 12:48:17 PM »
If I follow your question correctly the end game is providing an arena for those to fly in squads only. A lot of guys like flying "together". Although, I see entire squads in nothing but furballs that go on for days. You might as well be an independent at that point. But if their's a faction of flyers that would like a group arena where they can fly in organized scenarios then it can be done.

I'm not a squad flyer. My focus seldom follows the same path as most squads. My tactics are different and I prefer to fly interdiction runs behind the scenes and hit tactical targets while the battle at the front is ploding along.

The over all impact to the current MA's is minimal. Most squads had a single squad night. They then prefer to fly solo the rest of the week and do what they want. I say give them a quad arena on a trial beta bases and try it out. It think it's all "do-able".  

Pardon the rambling.

Discobud

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 01:54:30 PM »
Cap at 1000

HUGE MAPS[/size][/color]:aok
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 01:56:50 PM »
Don't care either way.  :D
325th Checkertails