Author Topic: Perk US bombers  (Read 4079 times)

Offline Malapy

• Zinc Member
Perk US bombers
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2007, 03:48:50 PM »
Someone earlier said something about a B-29. I believe that was a late war Bomber. Perhaps HT could incorperate this into AH. Then you would have your perked Bomber.

Just my Opinion:D

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Perk US bombers
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2007, 08:38:24 PM »
Originally posted by Malapy
Someone earlier said something about a B-29. I believe that was a late war Bomber. Perhaps HT could incorperate this into AH. Then you would have your perked Bomber.

Just my Opinion:D

You sure you want THAT to be your second post there, Malapy?  :huh

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Perk US bombers
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2007, 11:57:58 PM »
ja, it is usually evaryone's 1st post...

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Perk US bombers
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2007, 12:48:27 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
So that some without buff perks doesn't even has the slightest chance to get some in the first place? A single buff is utterly defensless.

Yea? How ppl flew buffs before formation options was added?
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Perk US bombers
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2007, 03:22:40 AM »
I think there is a logic behind the idea of perking formations.............

However it is not neccesary if bombs are perked............ a formation will carry 3 times the number of bombs so if  perkable bombs are chosen then a formation multiplier is sufficient.

With a formation multiplier of 2

if the 500lb was free of perks then the formation would still be free (2 x 0=0).

if each 1000lb was perked by 1 perk and there was a formation multiplier of 2 then a formation of fully loaded lancs would cost 28 perks. (2 x 14 = 28)

This means that most (if not all) of the single player "field killer" loadouts carry a perk risk.

Why is the 234 perked...........? well in formation mode it is the  suicide pilots ultimate wet dream......... The 234 would be abused where we could see multiple (or massed) 234 strikes at stuff like CV's and air field targets..........

Imagine free AR234 formations in the hands of the horde............ executing high speed low level mass strikes.

So whilst it may not be the ambition of every "bomber pilot" to fly an AR234 it is his ambition to drop loads of big bombs and IMO perks should target this ambition whether he wants to drop them from level bombers, attack aircraft or what some may refer to as fighter bombers
Ludere Vincere

Offline Anyone

• Copper Member
Perk US bombers
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2007, 07:35:36 AM »
He who takes his Arado to 20K wastes only his time and the capabilties of that plane.

oposite infact. 19-21k is the best alt to operate the Arado

on the deck the AR234 can only fly about 150-200miles. up there it can fly 400.

not to mention its faster up there, and you will NEVER get picked up there. If something DOES get close, stick it in a 1000fpm dive, and you will easy pick up 600mph.

Offline Anyone

• Copper Member
Perk US bombers
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2007, 07:41:25 AM »
and you cant really perk a b24.... it burns up even with 303 attacks.....lol

i took down 5 B24s with what cannons i had left, then picked off 2 more with just 2x7mm :rofl

if they get perked why would ANYONE fly them?

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
Perk US bombers
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2007, 09:42:20 AM »
I want 3 seperate formations. with 3 planes in each formation. I'll pay for that.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline corpse

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/god_of_war_and_death
Perk US bombers
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2007, 11:06:26 AM »
IMH opinion im all for krustys idea for perking us bombers first off it would put an end to ghi missions of 50 plus b26 raids all this does is drop frame rates of the game

2nd of all most US bombers have armament second to none when it comes to the guns it has a single formation of b whatever can put up a virtual wall of lead in front of any attacking plane

3rd the lanc should be perked as well just for the shear amount of firepower it carrys in weight of bomb loadout a single lanc formation can hover abouve a base and completely pork it in the right pilots hands at a hi alt

4th it would put an end to newbs carpet bombing tank town for gvs now granted i dont have a hi end computer but when on the ground at tt and hearing 30 plus bombs falling in the air not to mention the explosions my frames goto crap as well

what will happen if you do perk these rides is you will see an influx of more ju88s in the air bostons and ki's all good bombers
and most vets that have the bomber perks in the b series bombers just less of them
so all in all i think its a good idea perkem......DeadOne:aok

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Perk US bombers
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2007, 12:41:56 PM »
Originally posted by corpse
IMH opinion im all for krustys idea for perking us bombers first off it would put an end to ghi missions of 50 plus b26 raids all this does is drop frame rates of the game

2nd of all most US bombers have armament second to none when it comes to the guns it has a single formation of b whatever can put up a virtual wall of lead in front of any attacking plane

3rd the lanc should be perked as well just for the shear amount of firepower it carrys in weight of bomb loadout a single lanc formation can hover abouve a base and completely pork it in the right pilots hands at a hi alt

4th it would put an end to newbs carpet bombing tank town for gvs now granted i dont have a hi end computer but when on the ground at tt and hearing 30 plus bombs falling in the air not to mention the explosions my frames goto crap as well

what will happen if you do perk these rides is you will see an influx of more ju88s in the air bostons and ki's all good bombers and most vets that have the bomber perks in the b series bombers just less of them so all in all i think its a good idea perk em......DeadOne:aok

Unbelievable.

So, now have ALL US bombers perked, AND the Lanc?  Limit free rides to Bostons, JU88's, and Ki-67's?  Or maybe perk them too?  Maybe perk the Stuka since it has that big bomb, right?  And get ride of formations while you are at it?  And give bombers a more telling icon on the map so they are easier to intercept?  Disable the synchronized turret fire too.... force a hop from gun to gun?

:rolleyes:

Point #1:  So ghi is able to put together missions?  So the Bish in general are able to assemble more missions than the other two countries combined in the war arenas lately?   So pilots looking for cooperative play are gravitating to the Bish to partake in these missions leaving the other two arenas lacking numbers, the ability to communicate, and leadership more often than not?   How would perking bombers change this?  Perk the B-26, ghi will just switch planes and bring JABOS, JUGs or JU-88's... he gathers the numbers to make his raids work, despite the plane chosen.  LTARS don't even have ghi's numbers, and they are proving very effective, using a thought out combination of bombers, JABO and CAP fighters, and GV's to take fields.

Point #2: argued many times elsewhere.  Bomber fire-power is not all that overwhelming.  Bomber K/D numbers are well in favor of the interceptors.  The problem is the majority of intercepting pilots attack from dead six position, where they end up in the buzz-saw of all rear-facing guns.   Come in from flanks, come in with alt and E, jink and maneuver on the runs in and out to present a moving target picture... all make for more effective attack vs buffs.

Point #4: And a player's  frame rate problems are their own problem, not any one else's.  If a player's system has little memory, poor graphics card, 50 tasks and spyware running in the background, or using a dial-up connection to play an online game, that is not anyone else's problem.   Stick to the EW and MW areas.   Go to 8-player.  If a system is not up to LW arena play, don't go there, stay away from heavy action, or deal with the performance problems.  Not a valid argument to game changes.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Perk US bombers
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Anyone
oposite infact. 19-21k is the best alt to operate the Arado

on the deck the AR234 can only fly about 150-200miles. up there it can fly 400.

not to mention its faster up there, and you will NEVER get picked up there. If something DOES get close, stick it in a 1000fpm dive, and you will easy pick up 600mph.

Best speed alt is not neccesarily best alt to operate at in AH2 (see La-7, best speed at 20k)

You should take into account the abysmal long time a Arado needs to climb to 20k. Getting to 10k takes you much less than half the time, and youre pretty safe there too. You are cruising at about 420mph and if someone dives on you, just drop your nose a few degrees and get quickly to 500 without loosing much alt.
I have never been successfully intercepted at 10-12k. And I can do two runs in the same time others need to climb to 20k :)

And concerning range, once you get to speed at 10k, your range is still about 250-300 miles, not 150. That's at least 5 sectors you can go to target, which is more than sufficent on the small maps we have.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 01:38:21 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline corpse

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/god_of_war_and_death
Perk US bombers
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2007, 05:59:38 PM »
talk about hostile take a xanax or something the point i was tryin to make is on the b series bombers is if approaching from the rear u are facin down 18 50 cals
the lancs with the bombload can devastate any base in the right hands
and as far as frame rate issue i have friends on here that have 4-5000 dollar alienware hiend computers that get the same frame rate issue has nothin to do with ghi or the ltars i have flown with them both
so sit back drink a beer and chill out with the hostilitys i was just makin a point not askin for a date with your sister or something

Offline Anyone

• Copper Member
Perk US bombers
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2007, 07:58:14 PM »
Best speed alt is not neccesarily best alt to operate at in AH2 (see La-7, best speed at 20k)

You should take into account the abysmal long time a Arado needs to climb to 20k. Getting to 10k takes you much less than half the time, and youre pretty safe there too. You are cruising at about 420mph and if someone dives on you, just drop your nose a few degrees and get quickly to 500 without loosing much alt.
I have never been successfully intercepted at 10-12k. And I can do two runs in the same time others need to climb to 20k :)

And concerning range, once you get to speed at 10k, your range is still about 250-300 miles, not 150. That's at least 5 sectors you can go to target, which is more than sufficent on the small maps we have.

oh sorry i thought you ment you was using it OTD. :)

krusty, have you ever throught that you, and the guys you posted have the most kills on the B24 because they are SO easy to down?

as i said earlier... 300 of my last 7mm guns in my 109a5 and i manged to down TWO B24's due to catching them on fire. 300 rounds of 7mm vs a B17 or Lancaster would have just made it look rough.... not burn it up.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Perk US bombers
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2007, 11:22:29 PM »
The reason we have the kills is not because they are easy. Nay, with the speed they're travelling it's a death trap to attack bombers.

However I love hunting bombers. I know it's more of a challenge than the mindless furball to get in, land hits, and get out.

I've landed over a hundred hits on a bomber before and not brought it down.

I've also sent a single burst and killed the pilot instantly. It all depends.

The same is true of ALL bombers. I made 1 single pass and fired a 2-second burst in a hurr2 while firing on Ju88s. I came in at the 9-oclock angle and instantly killed 2 of them (pilot kills) and wounded the third.

It's not that B24s are more vulnerable. In fact I've survived a HELL of a lot more bomber missions in B17s and B24s than I ever have in Lancs or Ju88s.

The reason we have so many kills is because all of the bombers flown in this game are predominantly B-24s.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Perk US bombers
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2007, 02:27:04 PM »
Krusty, if I remember Dale and Doug talking about their perk plans, they DO plan on introducing perks for ordnance in fairly short order.  That means a formation of B-24's with 8x1000 bombs at say 10 perks per 1000lber, would mean 240 perks JUST for the bombs.

I think if you perk the bombs/ordnance, you stem the issue right at the problem. The US bombers aren't the problem, its the amount of bombs they can drop... which is A LOT. :D
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech