Author Topic: bad X52  (Read 762 times)

Offline jtdragon

• Copper Member
bad X52
« on: January 29, 2007, 09:12:07 PM »
Ordered a X52 from Dell last week and got it today. during setup when I ran the test on it  the Y axis was dead. ran AH and everything worked but the y axis. I called Staitek and was told that because I got it from Dell they would not fix it, I would have to send it back to dell. So called Dell and they will take it back but I have to pay shipping and if they replace it I'll have to pay shipping agin to get the replacement or take a credit to my account,needless to say I'm thur with Staitek.
JT

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
bad X52
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 09:45:01 PM »
maybe it is dell you should be through with
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline jtdragon

• Copper Member
saitek
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 05:15:31 AM »
Not happy with Dell but it's Saitek that will not honor their own 2 year warranty.
JT

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
bad X52
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 01:04:20 PM »
In all honesty, not to sound rude, but that's what happens when you buy through a third party like that.

Saitek probably sold a bunch of units to DELL.. DIRT cheap... so cheap that part of the agreement was for Dell to be responsible for the warranty instead of Saitek.  Put yourself in their shoes:

You make a product.

A HUGE company comes to you and says they want to sell your product, but they will only pay you a percent or two above your cost.. very little profit margin.

BUT you know they will sell a lot of units.. and you'll make money off of volume... but if you have to warranty even .5% of the units you've already extinguished any profit you've made off the sale.

So you go to that HUGE company and say that it's a deal but you won't be responsible for repair/replacement of any bad units.

At least that'd be my theory.  I'm sorry Dell is being a pain about it.  And I'm sorry you've run into a defective unit... even the best manufacturers have defects from time to time, but don't get angry at Saitek for this... you should have your beefs with Dell.

Offline jtdragon

• Copper Member
third party
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 05:42:14 PM »
Most joysticks are thur third parties, Best Buy, Wal Mart and others.
JT

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
bad X52
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 05:58:05 PM »
Hmm, sounds like you got the shaft. I say send it back to them & take the credit to you account, but a CH & never do business with Dell again & get evry little thing out of them that you can. Flood their customer service with pointless questions about your P/C & request tech support & anything else you can get for free before your warranty runs out. My old Dell Dimension 4300 was a good machine. It's reliable & it still runs AHII even though it's around 7 years old, but I surfed through the Dell site the other day & they have lost their freakin minds. They want to charge you extra money for everything when you build a system now. You'll spend a $1,000 just getting a P/C with a monitor & an OS installed so you can actually use the PC when you get it.

I was going to buy one for my dad to replace his old compaq but pfft, I'll just build him one. P/C pricing & service for off the shelf models have become absurd. You would think the prices & service would have gone the other way to lure customers away from building their own; heck I bet Newegg is the actual leader in P/C sales if you figured up how many P/C's could be built from the parts they sell. I've purchased three from them & one from Dell over the last seven years.:lol

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
bad X52
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 06:09:35 PM »
:(
ill be stuck with off-the-shelf pc's cause i cant build one

(reasons why)
1. i dont know pc's that well
2.tend to have batd luck with electronics
3.if i mamage to build one ill have no clue how to get it running

:noid
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
bad X52
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 06:10:18 PM »
and i have an Saitek St-290 pro it ocassonally gets stuck where planes fly down:furious
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
bad X52
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 11:21:38 AM »
I have used Saitek exclusively and have had no problems.

Dell has gone to the dogs.... that is why Michael Dell stepped back in last week to be CEO... his hand picked minion was running it into the ground.

I prefer not to buy off the shelf... and would never buy a mail order computer. Saitek told you to return it to the store you bought it from because it didn't work to start with (within 30 days of sale)..... if it is something that failed after 30 days your warrantee would kick in.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline jtdragon

• Copper Member
returns
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 04:34:08 PM »
Got it from dell because you can not find one in Gainesville, Fl. Best buy is out and will only have the PRO f0r around $200. I'm out of having one now because of the shipping cost. Had to pay to return it and if I oder another have to pay shipping on it. I'm on a tight buget and this killed it for now.
JT

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
bad X52
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 06:26:18 PM »
Originally posted by Wes14
:(
ill be stuck with off-the-shelf pc's cause i cant build one

(reasons why)
1. i dont know pc's that well
2.tend to have batd luck with electronics
3.if i mamage to build one ill have no clue how to get it running

:noid

If you have ever built a model.
You can build a computer

And between the panel of experts we have here.
And the online tutorials that are available.

Its almost foolproof
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Helrazr1

• Copper Member
bad X52
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 06:05:22 PM »
Well, since I'm bored, and to prove a point, the Best Buy, Store #424 on Archer Road in Gainsville has them in stock.  I actually was bored enough to call and verify that, and they said that they've had them in stock for the last 3 months at least.  They don't have the records in store longer than that.  So, that being said, I'm guessing that you get a deal through Dell (as most who purchase through Dell do) and decided to buy because of that reason.  Just guessing that you're looking to put the blame on anyone to avoid giving in and admitting that you should have just gone and picked one up down the road.

My advice would be to chalk it up to a learning experience.  You could've also purchased on Bestbuy.com.  If there was a defect then, it can be returned to the store.

My advice #2, Stay away from Dell!!!!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
bad X52
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 07:28:31 AM »
Originally posted by Helrazr1
Well, since I'm bored, and to prove a point, the Best Buy, Store #424 on Archer Road in Gainsville has them in stock.  I actually was bored enough to call and verify that, and they said that they've had them in stock for the last 3 months at least.  They don't have the records in store longer than that.  So, that being said, I'm guessing that you get a deal through Dell (as most who purchase through Dell do) and decided to buy because of that reason.  Just guessing that you're looking to put the blame on anyone to avoid giving in and admitting that you should have just gone and picked one up down the road.

My advice would be to chalk it up to a learning experience.  You could've also purchased on Bestbuy.com.  If there was a defect then, it can be returned to the store.

My advice #2, Stay away from Dell!!!!

Solution.
 Got to Best Buy and buy one there. Bring it home.
Place brocken stick in the box. Bring it back to Best Buy and get a refund

You HAVE to place the sick in the box of the one you got from Best buy though as they will scan the bar code on the box to make sure you bought it there
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Helrazr1

• Copper Member
bad X52
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 08:33:48 AM »
devious.........I like it!:t :t :t

Offline jtdragon

• Copper Member
Re: bad X52
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 02:02:46 AM »
This is a late but at the time they had the Pro in stock, I was at the store and was told that was all they would have. Now a year later they have both the 52 and 52 pro. The Archer Rd store has had a problem with showing something in stock when its not.
JT