Author Topic: Vista Ultimate  (Read 4580 times)

Offline Catalyst

• Copper Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 09:48:03 AM »
Everything I used to do under XP, I'm still doing them under Vista with no trouble...

still watching movie's(avi, xvid etc), CD's, DVD's, Burning, Torrents all that, WITH NO ISSUES...

no audio troubles at all...damn i'm practicing right now using voice recon with no trouble at all...

stop being so damn scared, its your job too resolve issues, thats why you get the mucho bucks:p

try looking at it like your almost a newbie Skuzz, cause most of your customers ARE newbie's...oh and you got no choice in the matter, say i'm wrong on this:rofl

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 09:50:16 AM »
so hows AH work ???
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Catalyst

• Copper Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 09:50:26 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
There is no amount of RAM which will get back the lost performance.  None.

its all new, give it time...

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2007, 09:51:39 AM »
Its not my job to fix operating system troubles.  And if you spent 10 minutes at MS's TechNet site, you might get a better understanding of the problems anyone running Vista is going to have.

My job is to help people have the best experience in our game as possible.  To that end, I will categorically state, running Vista will cause performance problems with the game, if you can get the game to run at all.  Under some ATI drivers the game will work, under NVidia drivers, the game may not work.

Originally posted by Catalyst
its all new, give it time...
You do not get it.  The sheer number of background processes and overhead dictated by DRM being imbedded in every single driver and API in the OS has raised the overhead significantly.  There is no way this OS will ever be as fast as XP, on the same hardware.  That is not an opinion.  It is a technical reality.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 09:53:59 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Catalyst

• Copper Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2007, 09:51:45 AM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
so hows AH work ???

haven't tested yet, errr was this question for skuzz?

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 09:52:54 AM »
haven't tested yet, errr was this question for skuzz?

well Whats taking you so long ????
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent

Offline Catalyst

• Copper Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2007, 09:54:23 AM »
Its not my job to fix operating system troubles.  And if you spent 10 minutes at MS's TechNet site, you might get a better understanding of the problems anyone running Vista is going to have.

My job is to help people have the best experience in our game as possible.  To that end, I will categorically state, running Vista will cause performance problems with the game, if you can get the game to run at all.  Under some ATI drivers the game will work, under NVidia drivers, the game may not work.

I'm Certified SKuzz, I always visit TechNet, but I'm not trying to fix ALL problems, just giving my experiances so far with Vista...

and maybe try to help some folks with issues...unless you prefer that I don't.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2007, 09:57:16 AM »
I'm Certified SKuzz, I always visit TechNet, but I'm not trying to fix ALL problems, just giving my experiances so far with Vista...

and maybe try to help some folks with issues...unless you prefer that I don't.

well cmok ... how can ya help anyone here ...If you havent tested it with the game ???   Thats the whole point .
Roscoroo ,

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2007, 09:57:50 AM »
I have not seen any help forthcoming.  All I have seen is a 'peachy-keen' outlook for Vista, which is just wrong.

There are so many issues with various hardware and software packages, it would be irresponsible for anyone to say Vista is a-ok for the masses.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Catalyst

• Copper Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2007, 10:01:10 AM »
[B
 You do not get it.  The sheer number of background processes and overhead dictated by DRM being imbedded in every single driver and API in the OS has raised the overhead significantly.  There is no way this OS will ever be as fast as XP, on the same hardware.  That is not an opinion.  It is a technical reality. [/B]

yes i do 'get it' , sorry skuzz, but ya getting in too deep with tech issues which really doesn't matter to the new user...

I posted my experiances so far without trying to get into those tech issues just functionality...

never liked XP anyways, prefer 2000(but thats gonna go away:cry )

Offline Catalyst

• Copper Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2007, 10:03:11 AM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
well cmok ... how can ya help anyone here ...If you havent tested it with the game ???   Thats the whole point .

:furious

gimme time man

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2007, 10:05:10 AM »
Good lord, you have to be kidding?

I have several thousand dollars worth of software rendered useless by Vista, if I install this pile-o-poop OS.  I know this because some other poor schmuck already made the mistake of trying it.

This is not about tech crap.  It is about functionality.  If you like less performance than XP, on faster hardware, then go for it.  If you want your high end audio/video software to no longer run, then go for it.  That is not about tech either.  It is about bang-for-the-buck.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Catalyst

• Copper Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2007, 10:05:27 AM »
I have not seen any help forthcoming.  All I have seen is a 'peachy-keen' outlook for Vista, which is just wrong.

There are so many issues with various hardware and software packages, it would be irresponsible for anyone to say Vista is a-ok for the masses.

damn skuzz ya really got a hard on with this don't ya...

All I said is that it works FINE FOR ME, who cares about the masses, crap enough trouble at work as is, dont need the masses...

Already knew most of the issues you're mentioning, doesn't matter what you or I say, all new puters come with Vista, we got no choice friend
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 10:08:36 AM by Catalyst »

Offline firbal

• Nickel Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2007, 10:06:53 AM »
This is why I will not be building another system till next year. It might take MS that long to get it all sorted out. Past history with these guys tells you that it will be about 18 months to a year before you can use their new OS. They didn't even say anything about Vista working for gamers. And it's taken this long for XP to work it's way for gamers. There are still alot of gamers still useing Win98 because of problems with XP.
Fireball
39th Fighter Squadron "Cobras in the Clouds"

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2007, 10:10:43 AM »
This is what happens when there is no competition
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)