Author Topic: Vista Ultimate  (Read 4582 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2007, 05:08:17 PM »
The future?  LOL!  ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!  Good one there brendo.  I needed the laugh.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2007, 05:14:53 PM »
:noid
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2007, 05:48:04 PM »
Sure Skuzzy, didn't you know? The future is a total lack of user control over any of their everyday devices. We will have Windows 2010 installed on our cars in 2013 & then you will get to be insured against crashes caused by crashes....don't even get me started on the Windows W.I.O.S. (water initiated operating system)...they're going to install that on our electric shavers in 2009 & it will hold us hostage & threaten to slit our throat if we don't let Wife 3.0 install Vista on our dusty XP machines.

:D

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2007, 05:57:55 PM »
So, how is AH running for anyone on MAC or LINUX?  Looking like the better option for me these days.....

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2007, 06:00:02 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
MS has stated XP Pro will be supported for 7 more years.

Heh... I'm running 64-bit XP Pro on my game system ...... "Supported" is not a word I'd use for it, by MS a little, by everyone else even less.

At least my network between the gamer and the DSL is pretty tight.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2007, 06:01:19 PM »
Windows Vista blows more then Monica in the Oval Office
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2007, 06:04:54 PM »
If you really want to see what a absolute microsoft money grabbing scam is read this article.

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.html

What microsoft is trying to do is prevent you from using your computer and your accessories as you see fit. This OS will actually prevent you from displaying HD content from a HD source unless it verifies that all the components and the source material have the MS stamp of approval.

If there is a spike in your voltage or some other anomaly this OS thinks you are trying to hack it and reboots the HD display software. Heaven forbid that you actually see HD content on a Vista machine without the approval of at least 3 Hollywood studios.

This POS operating system is not about opening up your computer but about closing it off to all but select MS approved hardware suppliers. If you want to read a HD disk or see some HD content then this OS is all about preventing you from doing so unless you got the content from a MS approved source.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2007, 06:32:24 PM »
Originally posted by Airscrew
I'm guessing you got about 4-5 years for XP. If you build a really good system now with all the bells and whistles.  The only problem I can see is getting drivers for XP in a few years.   Games will probably still be created for XP for the next couple of years.   There are some things I see that still have driver support for Win2k so I would figure about 5 years, just in time for the next POS MS OS to be released

At which point the replacement for vista will likely be in the works or ready to be released. Remember xp's predecessor? (no I don't mean SE either)
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2007, 06:39:31 PM »
Originally posted by tedrbr
So, how is AH running for anyone on MAC or LINUX?  Looking like the better option for me these days.....

You're in the wrong forum if you're looking for people that still actually fly. :rofl
sand

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2007, 06:49:33 PM »
I love it when so-called techs post technical comments like "Works fine for me"  LOL

The Tomshardware side-by-side with XP and Vista was a good read.  The only thing Vista did better was load up time for applications.

Meanwhile, OpenGL isnt supported.

So far, from all the cNet blogs ive read, the only thing Vista has is a pretty desktop.  That's it.  DRM galore with interlaced video playback, if it will even READ the video you play (i.e. duped DVDs)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2007, 06:58:49 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
You're in the wrong forum if you're looking for people that still actually fly. :rofl

I guess I better leave then; I still actually fly.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2007, 07:06:04 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
I guess I better leave then; I still actually fly.

Well... I'm sure there are a couple. :)
sand

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2007, 07:08:46 PM »
Hey, when the fights are good, it's still an amazingly cheap thrill. They're just few and far between now.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2007, 07:13:22 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
MS has stated XP Pro will be supported for 7 more years.

by then Bill will be the Borg and you won't even realize you have been assimilated :)

(I remember that issue :))
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Helrazr1

• Copper Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2007, 07:40:35 PM »
It's a lost cause Skuzzy. You're always gonna have the folks who will fight you till the end saying it's great.  In my experience, it's because these people were the first ones to go get it, and they'd rather argue about it's merits, than admit that they made a mistake in buying it.

You've got a long road to hoe my friend.  Might as well start a sticky thread under tech support and just post, "Vista's crap, AH won't work as well, don't ask again".

Good luck, and God speed!