Author Topic: Vista Ultimate  (Read 4581 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2007, 10:12:20 AM »
Originally posted by Catalyst
damn skuzz ya really got a hard on with this don't ya...

All I said is that it works FINE FOR ME, who cares about the masses, crap enough trouble at work as is, dont need the masses...

Already knew most of the issues you're mentioning, doesn't matter what you or I say, all new puters come with Vista, we got no choice friend
I have to care about the masses.  I support the masses all day long.  I am telling everyone, if you chose to install Vista, the game will run worse than it did under XP.  There is no way around that and it is not something we can change.

In one breath, you claim you want to help, then in another, you say screw everyone else.  A bit of a contridiction there.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Catalyst

• Copper Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2007, 10:13:41 AM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
This is what happens when there is no competition

there is competition, its sucks sorry...

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2007, 10:15:02 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
I have not seen any help forthcoming.  All I have seen is a 'peachy-keen' outlook for Vista, which is just wrong.

There are so many issues with various hardware and software packages, it would be irresponsible for anyone to say Vista is a-ok for the masses.

We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
We have analyzed your defensive capabilities as being unable to withstand us. If you defend yourselves, you will be punished.

Their coming to get you skuzzy...

:(

nice knowin ya

:D

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2007, 10:17:34 AM »
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Catalyst

• Copper Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2007, 10:23:55 AM »
I have to care about the masses.  I support the masses all day long.  I am telling everyone, if you chose to install Vista, the game will run worse than it did under XP.  There is no way around that and it is not something we can change.

In one breath, you claim you want to help, then in another, you say screw everyone else.  A bit of a contridiction there.

help yes to a certain degree, unlike you I don't get paid to help the masses, gettin into piss competition with you over tech issues, not really, I told you what my experiances so far have been, yet you choose to keep sayin Vista sucks because of issue A or B this and that...

at the beginning I ask folks what there experiances are and if we can share them on this here board that is ALL.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2007, 10:55:43 AM »
I said Vista is a pile-o-poop, and that is from my experience.  Or did you only want to hear the good things about it?

Again, I have several shelves full of very high end software which will never run under Vista.  Partially due to lack of driver support (ASIO), or partially due to DRM (forget about HD editing, unless it is your own content created from scratch.).

Aces High II runs worse under Vista.

Now, none of the above is about tech babble.  It is about real problems with the OS.  But they are not problems, as much as they are design choices.  Meaning, they will not be corrected, because they were never meant to be supported.

If you do not want the truth, then just say so,  Or better yet, don't ask for experiences when you do not want to hear about them.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2007, 11:06:42 AM »
Vista seems to be a solution in search of a problem. I haven't seen anything where vista is a marked improvement for the average home user and or gamer, particularly in view of the issues regarding video and sound drivers / cards.

Other than being a shill for vista, what's your issue here catalyst? It's already been stated that vista is no help for AH, you have not tried it with AH or are unwilling to so far. I can't figure out why you are trying to sell it so hard here in an arena it has no real use.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2007, 11:06:49 AM »
there is competition, its sucks sorry...

well im sorry, but if i had more funding, technical support, and the ability to coad, i could make OS88 everything that i had wanted it to be.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2007, 11:25:23 AM »
help yes to a certain degree, unlike you I don't get paid to help the masses, gettin into piss competition with you over tech issues, not really, I told you what my experiances so far have been, yet you choose to keep sayin Vista sucks because of issue A or B this and that...

at the beginning I ask folks what there experiances are and if we can share them on this here board that is ALL.

Your thread has NO BEARING at all.   Why'd you post in the Aces High forum?  You haven't run AH2 on it.  

I'm sorry but I'm with Skuzzy on this.   Vista is a POS.   I'll be in competition with Skuzzy and other's on "who can hold out the longest."  

But, you shouldn't have posted ANYTHING until you had installed AH.   You knew that question would be answered and tried to skip over it, then when asked again, you tap danced.   See a pattern here?   We do.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2007, 11:26:20 AM »
I said Vista is a pile-o-poop, and that is from my experience.  Or did you only want to hear the good things about it?

Again, I have several shelves full of very high end software which will never run under Vista.  Partially due to lack of driver support (ASIO), or partially due to DRM (forget about HD editing, unless it is your own content created from scratch.).

Aces High II runs worse under Vista.

Now, none of the above is about tech babble.  It is about real problems with the OS.  But they are not problems, as much as they are design choices.  Meaning, they will not be corrected, because they were never meant to be supported.

If you do not want the truth, then just say so,  Or better yet, don't ask for experiences when you do not want to hear about them.

Amen Roy!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2007, 11:36:27 AM »
is it just me or is happy hour coming just a bit earlier every day?

:confused:
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2007, 11:37:36 AM »
I will go Linux before I go Vista. :)
sand

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2007, 11:54:32 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
I will go Linux before I go Vista. :)

I also feel that Obi Wan Ken-Linux is our only hope!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »
I should just shoot myself now and be done with it.

If you haven't shot yourself by now, you may as well just ante up for the long haul.

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Vista Ultimate
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2007, 12:25:52 PM »
They also killed ASIO in Vista, which is what most high end audio/video packages used for sound due to the low latency.

The only way to get ASIO support is to do the XP to Vista upgrade and already have the ASIO drivers installed for XP.

None of the Audiophile sound cards will run under the native versions of Vista as Audiophile depended on either ASIO or DX Sound.  Creative Labs is having a terrible time.  EAX is dead in Vista.  And Creative cannot get thier drivers to run well at all under Vista.  This is per Creative Labs.

None of the DirectX Sound filter plug-ins for the high end audio packages will work under Vista either.

These are not bugs.  These are design features of the OS.  MS's TechNet forums are covered with things like this.

EDIT:  You have DRM issues, you just do have run into them yet.  Wait until you try to copy any HD content which has been flagged as copy protected.

Saying that Vista is all peachy-keen is just wrong.  The last thing anyone needs is to be misinformed about this.

explaining the same thing again to deaf ears

I said Vista is a pile-o-poop, then AGAIN explaining the same thing again to deaf ears

:rofl Skuzzy <> Man you got patience I don;t have and never will lol

I should quote your first post again, but this alone should explain why you said it

:lol :cry :D
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.