Author Topic: The AvA needs advertising  (Read 2304 times)

storch

The AvA needs advertising
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2007, 07:58:10 AM »
thanks panzzer but it is no longer a bother.  we players took matters into our own hands.  it would be nice if the staff didn't park the CVs right off of the beach though.

storch

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2007, 08:10:08 AM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Omg you should have it was serious clubbing time.

Fun watching them try and turn with the 109 f4.
:D

Bronk
I don't enjoy clubbing baby seals.  I can get that type of excitement by shooting drones, or flying in the MA :D

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2007, 09:15:50 AM »
Originally posted by E25280
It's, "But three rights make a left.";)

DETERIORATA

Go placidly amid the noise and the waste and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.

Avoid quiet and passive persons unless you are in need of sleep. Rotate your tires. Speak glowingly of those greater than yourself and heed well their advice, even though they be turkeys; know what to kiss and when.

Consider that two wrongs never make a right, but that three do. Wherever possible, put people on hold. Be comforted that in the face of all aridity and disillusionment and despite the changing fortunes of time, there is always a big future in computer maintenance. Remember the Pueblo. Strive at all times to bend, fold, spindle and mutilate.

Know yourself; if you need help, call the FBI. Exercise caution in your daily affairs, especially with those persons closest to you -- that lemon on your left, for instance. Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet. Fall not in love therefore; it will stick to your face.

Gracefully surrender the things of youth, birds, clean air, tuna, Taiwan; and let not the sands of time get in your lunch. Hire people with hooks. For a good time, call 555-4311; ask for Ken. Take heart amid the deepening gloom that your dog is finally getting enough cheese; and reflect that whatever misfortune may be your lot, it could only be worse in Milwaukee.

You are a fluke of the universe; you have no right to be here, and whether you can hear it or not, the universe is laughing behind your back.

Therefore make peace with your God whatever you conceive Him to be -- Hairy Thunderer or Cosmic Muffin.

With all its hopes, dreams, promises, and urban renewal, the world continues to deteriorate.

Give up.

[Deteriorata  is a famous parody of San Francisco radio and television personality Les Crane's spoken word recording of Desiderata . It was recorded by National Lampoon as part of their National Lampoon Radio Dinner album of 1972.

The parody earned a great deal of cultural significance and popularity as a frequent presentation on the Dr. Demento radio show. Les Crane himself admitted to preferring this version over his Grammy-winning recording of the original poem.

Lyrics written by Tony Hendra.
Recorded by Blue Thumb Records.
Included on Dr. Demento's 30th Anniversary Greatest Hits. Voiceover talent Norman Rose read the "poem" and then-little known Melissa Manchester was a background singer on the chorus section of the song.

The word "deteriorata" is a portmanteau of "Desiderata" and "deteriorate."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deteriorata]

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2007, 09:49:22 PM »
Originally posted by bkwolf
Thanks for the responses. I do have AH loaded up and fly off line(X-52 set up too) have yet to go on line. The FMs,DMs and all are different from what Im used too,in some ways better and others not. I would probably stick to the AVA p51-v-p51 and so on just wont do it for me. I do plan to try it out, cya up there,and thanks again
BK
Your post reminded me of one thing I forgot to mention.  I am sure the offline damage model looks strange -- shoot off a drone's wing, and it still flies.  I had forgotten to warn you about that.  I have heard a few people in the past say the damage model was cheezy - when shooting offline drones was all they had done to that point.  This is NOT what it is like in the real game.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2007, 09:24:08 AM »
Originally posted by E25280
Your post reminded me of one thing I forgot to mention.  I am sure the offline damage model looks strange -- shoot off a drone's wing, and it still flies.  I had forgotten to warn you about that.  I have heard a few people in the past say the damage model was cheezy - when shooting offline drones was all they had done to that point.  This is NOT what it is like in the real game.

I didn't realize that..... Somebody should mention this to HTC, they may want to change it if it is giving a bad impression of their software....

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2007, 11:12:20 PM »
I think the attitude of certain regulars in the AvA keep a lot from going in.  It gets tiring hearing the constant watermelon talk by these guys when you shoot them down.   It's sad because the fights can be fun but I can see why a quite a bit don't come back after trying it out.

BTW- loved this weeks set up.  Got the chance to take the P-38G up for a couple of spins.  I know I'll be back if the P-38 is featured more in the plane set.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2007, 12:07:17 AM »
Was a peaceful week in the AvA. Good times all around.

Was some 200 banter going on tonight when AKAK showed up. Kept saying witty things like "you guys are crappy flyers", "you guys suck", "Storch is a retard". Unable to match his linguistic abilities and awed by his obvious intellectual prowess I tried to mostly stay out of it.

He soon left and all was peaceful again. Good times all around.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2007, 03:45:27 AM »
Why don't you tell the truth KONG?  

The truth is that it was quiet in AvA until storchita found out I was flying in the arena.  Then he started with the insults which grew more frequent every time I shot his arse down.  Then after you got your arse smacked, you started in with your own watermelon talk.  But from what I've heard, this is typical behavior for your squadron.  The only time it stopped is when Oldman asked that we knock it off but as soon as he left, storchita started it up again.  So please don't paint yourself and your girlfriend as the martyrs.  

And as I said over channel 200, I'm surprised for a couple of guys like you that are so crappy at this game can be so lippy. Oh, it's not smart to use one of those Italian planes against the P-38 in the vertical, you'll lose a wing if you try...oh wait you did, my mistake.

ack-ack

storch

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2007, 06:54:29 AM »
:rofl  akak is funny.  for a supposed ten year veteran player your performance is decidedly underwhelming.  the "every time I shot ur arse down" was twice and then when the opposing player was engaged with at least one two other players in spits and you come down from the akakosphere to pick and zoom back up.  we were laughing at you whole time sir.  don't forget to mention that on many occasions you were easily defeated by a 110 of all things and that with a 110 fresh off of the runway.  take some practice time sir.  some low fighting, maybe up a hurricane, A6M  or some other easymode crutch ride and come in below 5k where the fights are if you are unable to turn your P38 with other players.

I can't help it you can't compete and you don't have the skills to go toe to toe in a spontaneous fight with decent players.  but don't hate us because we're better than you hate us because we're good looking too.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2007, 07:22:06 AM »
Originally posted by KONG1
Was some 200 banter going on tonight when AKAK showed up.

From a parent's perspective:  Last night transported me back more than a dozen years, to a time when my twins were four.  I ALMOST said, "I don't care who started it, I want it to stop."  And as soon as I turned off the light and closed the door, I knew it would start right up again.

Gentlemen:  I understand that some personalities will interact like gasoline and flame.  If the urge to taunt strikes you - as I know it must - that would be a good time to take yourselves to the MA, or the DA or, possibly more appropriate, the Training Arena.  You might be thoroughly unaffected by the insults; in fact, you may glory in trading your pointed barbs and clever zingers.  But the noise it creates in the room is very unpleasant for everyone else.  Very very unpleasant.  Its effect is not much different from what you get listening to one of the foul-mouthed MA drunks boasting or spewing hate.  

So, while it really pains me to say this, because I consider you to be my friends:  if you can't restrain yourselves, take it somewhere else.

- oldman (not happy)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2007, 07:44:37 AM »
:aok

Thanks Oldman. The AvA needs that approach.

I was no where near the events last night, but I do know Storch has said he loves the internet's "advantage" of being able to watermelon talk without risking getting punched out. He's also said that he doesn't want the AvA to grow, that he likes having very small numbers.

And I know the atmosphere is a big part of what keeps me away...

I'd be there all the time if at least the regulars carried themselves like sportsmen -- out for the thrill of the fight, wanting things to be fair, and wanting everyone to have a good time.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 07:51:57 AM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

storch

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2007, 08:06:52 AM »
nope after about the his third insult I simply .squelch akak and had no further interaction.  it would come as no surprise if he continued typing in my direction but it would be one sided.  while I understand the concept of make your bed and lie in it I had no further dialog with the player in question nor will I in the future.

storch

aw give me a break already you whiner
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2007, 10:48:29 AM »
Originally posted by Simaril
:aok

Thanks Oldman. The AvA needs that approach.

I was no where near the events last night, but I do know Storch has said he loves the internet's "advantage" of being able to watermelon talk without risking getting punched out. He's also said that he doesn't want the AvA to grow, that he likes having very small numbers.

And I know the atmosphere is a big part of what keeps me away...

I'd be there all the time if at least the regulars carried themselves like sportsmen -- out for the thrill of the fight, wanting things to be fair, and wanting everyone to have a good time.
well if you will put words in my mouth at least put the correct ones.

point number one.  on more than one occasion I have met people from these boards and taken them around miami.  I extend that invitation to you.  if you happen to find yourself travelling to miami and are so inclined PM me, I'll gladly pick you up at the airport or meet you at your hotel.  if you decide you want to punch me out I can arrange some time at a local dojo.  I'll provide you with all the necessary protective gear minus the the mouth guard.  after you have kicked my bellybutton we can go to a nice cuban restaurant for lunch.

point number two.  I never said I don't want the AvA to grow I said we don't need timid players such as akak in there.  most of us that routinely play the AvA eschew the MA for precisely that type of game play.  we can find petulant miscreants such as that in the MA 24/7

number three. sportsmanlike conduct?  oh you mean like when you and most of your squad line up in easymode rides hang out over your ack and repeatedly HO other players from in line astern?  the last time you guys were on I counted five consecutive HOs and not one round landed.  sir, please spare me your drama.

the AvA has been a wonderful place to play in for the last month or so.  the reason for that is because I have been routinely logging on and waiting for players to show up when no one else has been on.  there was a period of about six months when I quit logging on and that period remarkably coincided with the many posts regarding the AvA's decline.  the reason the game play is even there is because I'm there.  were I not there the place would be empty, yes I'm mr AvA.  not that I'm special in any way it's just simply that instead of typing stuff like "I'd go but no one is on ever" or "i'd be there all the time if at least the regulars carried themselves like sportsmen" (yawn) I log on and wait for a fight.  who ever shows up I fight and I give them the best fight I can.

unlike my current re-fried detractor who is nothing more than a unidimensional poorly skilled player which offers no one a fight, I'll fight you if you are high, low and irrespective of what you arrive in.

finally sir, if you don't like me then why don't you replace me? come into the arena at around 1900 and remain until around 2400 like I do almost every day.  in short put up or shut up sir.

:D

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2007, 01:02:24 PM »
Generalizations are typically of little use, there is no intelligent way to respond to them and they indicate an unwillingness or inability to say anything substantive.  As one who does not talk a lot of chit and is not prone to profanity I reserve the right to express myself on certain matters. I will try to be specific and, hopefully, effectively communicate as only a bickering four-year-old can.

Specifically, we have an individual who goes about telling other players they arent good at playing a game. Choice of subject indicates upon what his self-image is based. His derision of others just an attempt to bolster his own self-esteem, his lack of creativity evidence of intellectual deficiency. Frustrated in his mediocrity and pathetic in his desperation he advertises his insecurities and invites instigation. Being that he can be so easily hoisted on his own petard I feel perfectly justified in doing so.

Deal with it.:D
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2007, 01:26:53 PM »
Wow, perfect description of Storchita.  

After work I'll be posting the films of all my flights in the AvA from yesterday so everyone else can get a good chuckle and then decide for themselves what happened.

It is amusing seeing you try to take the high ground KONG, especially since you wallow in the gutter along with your friend Storchita.

ack-ack