Author Topic: Lamest style of play  (Read 1919 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Lamest style of play
« on: February 11, 2007, 03:22:35 PM »
I spent some time in tank town today for the first time in months.

I'm not comlaining, whining or saying it shouldn't be allowed but the planes flying around unmolested bombing GV's has to be the lamest style of play I've maybe ever seen.

If thats the only way for those guys to get kills then I guess I can see why they do it.

At least a guy who HO's you is taking a chance.

It didn't used to be like that on this map before they put the town in.  In fact, before the town there were awsome ground battles in the open ground through the center of that island.  Now it's degraded to spawn campers and people bombing the GV's.

Guess it will be a few more months before I visit again.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Lamest style of play
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 03:30:33 PM »
Hmm, not sure where you've been playing...but, it has always been like that. Heck, that's why the TT in Trinity came about. It at least makes the buff wanks fly a bit to do their durty deeds. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Lamest style of play
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 03:30:50 PM »
Tank Town now is a Fighter Town/Tank Town combined because of the Airfields nearby.  That is the biggest thing contibuting to it.  I usually fly in heavy, drop eggs and then fight.  The thing that is lame is the actual bomber groups that come in and hit the spawn points.  I at least go Jabo and hit the guys trying to sneak around and spawn camp.  Wish they would make the VH's at those base indestructable... no that would be nice.  :aok
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Lamest style of play
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 03:39:36 PM »
Any GV in this game is a valid target.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Lamest style of play
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 04:09:31 PM »
Ever notice that folks who begin with "I'm not complaining..." go on to complain?
:D

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Lamest style of play
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 04:09:47 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Heck, that's why the TT in Trinity came about. It at least makes the buff wanks fly a bit to do their durty deeds. :)

And for that i am most grateful

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Lamest style of play
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 04:19:40 PM »
I'm not complaining or anything, but I think it's the lamest style of play EVER for a GV to spawn, fire at other just-spawned GVs, and kill them before they can start their engine, then sit there firing all their 100 rounds into unmoving, just-spawned, GVs. To top it off, these arrogant SOBs have the nerve to complain when WE bomb THEM. Hell it's 200x more dangerous to try to bomb a GV than it is to kill a GV in another GV.

But then, like I said, "I'm not complaining"....

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
Lamest style of play
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 04:26:19 PM »
i suppose the allies should not have bombed germany after they had air superiority.that must have been lame also.:noid

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Lamest style of play
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 04:54:48 PM »
Originally posted by Max
Ever notice that folks who begin with "I'm not complaining..." go on to complain?
:D

Really, I wasn't complaining.  Just stating my opinion.  

I was ahead in terms of kills per death out there so I have no reason to complain but it was almost ludicrous.  There were JU-87s, every kind of attack aircraft imaginable and even an AR234 playing turn fighter over the GV spawns.

I could see it being tank town and fighter town combined if there were opposing aircraft but there weren't.

I did fly a Hurri IIC out one time (no bombs... in fighter mode) and scored four quick air-to-air kills but it would have been hard not to given the circumstances.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Lamest style of play
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 05:01:30 PM »
If I am flying a heavy bomber and just "happen" to pass over tank town, I will bomb the living crap out of it. And I will smile. Because if my friends are being shot at from an enemy spawn, I will level the enemy spawn point. Its called "Tactical Bombing" or "Air Support". I will bomb anything and everything. If youve got a problem take up an Ostwind or an M-16. If you just sit there in your panzer and keep getting killed thats your own fault. You think the Germans stood up and said "Thats not fair!" when our B-17s thundered overhead and bombed them back to the stone age? NO! The put up flak emplacements and launched fighters and FORCED us to PAY FOR THE BOMBINGS.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Lamest style of play
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 05:03:11 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
I spent some time in tank town today for the first time in months.

I'm not comlaining, whining or saying it shouldn't be allowed but the planes flying around unmolested bombing GV's has to be the lamest style of play I've maybe ever seen.

If thats the only way for those guys to get kills then I guess I can see why they do it.

At least a guy who HO's you is taking a chance.

It didn't used to be like that on this map before they put the town in.  In fact, before the town there were awsome ground battles in the open ground through the center of that island.  Now it's degraded to spawn campers and people bombing the GV's.

Guess it will be a few more months before I visit again.

If you don't like it then you should think of playing another game.  Whether you're in a plane or a vehicle, you are still the enemy to two other sides and they have all the right to bomb you in your little mobile "pill box" whether you like it or not.  

So the lamest thing is not the guy that is bombing you in your little tank but the guy that comes in on this BBS and complains about how some one had the audacity to bomb their precious tank in TT.  

If you don't want your GV to be blown to smithereens, then take some preventative measures such as having AAA vehicles for air defense or try and get some of your fellow squadron mates out of their tanks and into planes to help provide local CAP for defense (that is if you or any of your squadron mates actually know what a plane looks like and know how to turn the engine on and fly).

So don't come *****ing on these boards when someone bombs you while you're in a vehicle, it's part of the game, live with it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
Lamest style of play
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 05:26:59 PM »
Ask any "real" tankers from the war and they'll probably say airplanes were the biggest threat to their safety. Why should it be any different in the game? I mean what else is a Stuka or Il2 good for? I would say that's why those 2 planes are in the planeset.....to attack GVs

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Lamest style of play
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 05:28:59 PM »
Ya,

Ask any German tanker and he might say aircaraft were the "only" real danger to their safety.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Lamest style of play
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 05:45:43 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
(that is if you or any of your squadron mates actually know what a plane looks like and know how to turn the engine on and fly)

My my.  Getting a little personal here.

FYI (Hours on line this camp):

Squad:

111 Fighter
5 Bomber
10 Attack
7 Vehicle

Me:

26 Fighter
2 Bomber
2 Attack
5 Vehicle

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Lamest style of play
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 05:49:07 PM »
:cry - he dropped a bomb on meeeeeee!!!!

why in the hell wouldnt any bird drop eggs on a vehicle?  

any bomber, jabbo or otherwise is doing a service when they are laying smack on the gamey dweeb that is the typical AH spawn camper.

not doing so is like letting good food go to waste.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.