Author Topic: hitech 163 to gamey pls fix  (Read 2559 times)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
hitech 163 to gamey pls fix
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2007, 02:23:33 PM »
wow jpeg such wisdom where is ur info on the 163?

oh there is none now move along troll
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2007, 02:42:05 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
The 163's engine cuts out under negative G's.  If, in fact, thats what the real ones did, and I can only assume that the in-game version is modeled after the real thing, then I would assume they had a way of re-firing the engine.

As to getting one to 45K, I chased a P-51 to almost 40K in one one day.  At ~38K it started to shudder and slightly above that it went into a death stall that I wasn't able to get contol of again until I was under 10K.  I'm not arguing your ex-pilots recollection, just pointing out the 163's limit in the game.

I love flying the 163.  Leave it alone.

I've had this happen in a 163 too - I think what causes this is actually a bug in the flight model when you get up too high.  I put the 163 in a shallow climb under power, and what I think happened was that my ground speed (as opposed to indicated) got up near Mach 1 and the plane began to buffet when I got up high.  I cut power and it stopped immediately, and I was able to continue climbing after that.  

I don't have much use for the 163 unless it is a scramble to stop an HQ raid, but they might as well leave it in for people that like it.

EagleDNY
$.02

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2007, 03:07:58 PM »
Originally posted by TwinBoom
wow jpeg such wisdom where is ur info on the 163?

oh there is none now move along troll

You need even more info? Did you even bother to read the 4+ other posts giving detailed info and movies on the 163?

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2007, 03:13:59 PM »
yes i read everything aven the troll post`s
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2007, 03:42:54 PM »
Originally posted by IronDog
Thing is,having a aircraft with a five minute fuel load,buzzing around for more than five minutes is wrong.Getting to the point,the 163 is the most incorrectley modeled aircraft in the set.Will it be corrected,probably not.In the simulation business,leaning towards realism will kill your player base,profits,etc. Falcon4,Silent Hunter3 would fall in this category.Leaning towards arcadish,will get you more players,money.Fighter Ace would be an example.If you took a vote on the 163 being changed,you would lose,mainly cuz HT sez so,plus the one person shooters will win every time.Aces High is the best of it's kind.Little or no competition, et al Warbirds is hanging on by a thread,sometimes breeds overconfidence,and losing touch with the players.Is this a good thing,probably not.
IronDog
475/431 Fighter Squad

What is your assertion here?  That the 163 shouldn't have a throttle?  If you have a point to make regarding the modeling of something, do so with some facts and not conspiracy theories about us.:noid

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2007, 03:52:22 PM »
Originally posted by IronDog
Thing is,having a aircraft with a five minute fuel load,buzzing around for more than five minutes is wrong.Getting to the point,the 163 is the most incorrectley modeled aircraft in the set.Will it be corrected,probably not.

What evidence do you have that the Komet is modelled incorrectly?  Do you have any data to back up your assertions?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song