Author Topic: where do my attack points go?  (Read 421 times)

Offline gweedo1982

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/gweedo82
where do my attack points go?
« on: February 19, 2007, 02:23:38 AM »
Hi,

I am kind new to this whole scoring system and had some questions about it.

let me give you an example.

EG1
I loaded rockets and bombs on a p38. set flight type to ATTACK, bombed an enemy city and ran home like a scared little girl then landed. Got 4 points under last sortie, however, no points were added to any of the columns for perk points.

EG2
flew same mission against same base BUT with flight type set to FIGHTER. bombed the city, took on a p51 and won (luckiest shot of my life.) landed plane and got 2.xx points

So what do attack points get you? or where do they go?

also, If I fly as a fighter, and knock out a building, Do i get any perk points?

:rolleyes:

Offline Telstar

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 05:51:20 AM »
Attack = ground targets, cv's for example

Fighter = air targets

don't mix 'em if your looking to increase your score

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 06:15:41 AM »
In fighter mode you score points ONLY in air to air. You are awarded "points" for damge", and kills as well as "perk"points depending on the plane your in and the plane you shoot down.

In attack mode your awarded points on both air to air and ground target (GV's, PT's, buildings, and so on).

Being "new to this" the points are a fun way to keep track, but from experiance let me tell you its not an accurate way to do so. There are many "tricks" to use to make you score appear better, along with your rank. Best thing to do is to compare your score and rank to YOUR score and rank and watch how you do. Don't get tied up in "scores" its a lot more fun just to go for the kills and watching stuff blow up  :D

Offline 1cemanVS

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 10:06:33 AM »
i generally only use the personal stats to keep my eye on my goals for the month, K/D is generally the one i try to increase by .5 every tour

scores can be padded and increased so easily if u know the tricks, in the case of the perk points that your seeing, they will both go into fighter, not bomber or vehicle

the amount of perks you get depend on the ENY or OBJ or the plane you use.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 11:57:55 PM »
The perk points you earn will allow you to fly perk'd planes such as F4Uc, Tempest, F4U4  etc....
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 12:48:18 AM »
Originally posted by 1cemanVS
i generally only use the personal stats to keep my eye on my goals for the month, K/D is generally the one i try to increase by .5 every tour

scores can be padded and increased so easily if u know the tricks, in the case of the perk points that your seeing, they will both go into fighter, not bomber or vehicle

the amount of perks you get depend on the ENY or OBJ or the plane you use.

Yea that's the one I'm trying to get.. I'm getting lots of kills but also lots of deaths.. I'm happy if overal I made 1:1 ratio  :cry
"strafing"

Offline gweedo1982

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/gweedo82
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 03:03:24 AM »
thanks guys, That helps put things into perspective.

i had originally thought that all points were perk points, this is apparently not the case.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 08:56:29 AM »
If I can say something quickly from personal experience, setting goals for yourself and trying to be a better little cartoon pilot are great, something we all try and do I think, in our own way.  But using your score to try and measure your progress will only tell you if you're getting better at raising your score.

Incidentally, perk points are different from points in the ranking system.  Perk points are only awarded for kills either of aircraft or gv's/boats.  Points earned by attacking or bombing ground targets are calculated into the ranking system.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 12:28:12 PM »
Just keep in mind perk points is completely different than score.

You earn perks by killing enemy vehicles/planes regardless of whether you select fighter or attack.

You also earn perks by destroying buildings... but not by damaging them (you HAVE to get the "building was destroyed" message.

Points however are based on hit/miss.

Good luck