Author Topic: Tank Town Bases: Capturable vs UnCapturable  (Read 4477 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Tank Town Bases: Capturable vs UnCapturable
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2007, 01:03:51 PM »
Originally posted by DREDger
Remember that HT's goal seems to be to get all types of players to pursue their interests alongside each other -- which is why he didnt like FT, and said it "slipped by" him. (That implied that he would have nixed it if I realized what was up.) When the griefers were porking FT, HT wanted us kids in the sandbox to settle it between ourselves.

Samiril, are you HTC staff or a spokesperson for them?  I mean how do you know this is what is intended by them or not intended by them?  They look favorably on this or that, intended for kids in sandbox to work it out....for real, maybe if HTC would post on a TT thread we could hear it from them...but I've yet to see it (btw, if you know a post where they have, kindly show it to me cause I would genuinely like to see it)

...snip....

I've been a close reader of the boards since before signing on, and I was active in the long winded Donut discussions. I make a point of reading anything HT writes about game design, just because he's the guy who makes the decisions.  I can';t cite chapter and verse, but "sandbox" was HT's word, not mine. (Maybe it was in the convention podcast...?)

And yeah, if you read what happened in the Donut, and how HT DIDN'T make the bases uncapturable, and how he DID say he thought it was a great AH moment  the time the Rooks and Nits declared a truce to do a combined mission to resettle an all Bish Fightertown -- and if you then applied a teeny weeny bit of deductive logic, you would see where I formed my assessment.

He HAS repeatedly said he doesnt address many of these threads because it is the SAME THING over and over...almost all these "ideas" are older than the hills, and it jsut gets old saying the same thing over and over.

Don't believe it? Try doing a search on "collsion" but have the threads listed in chronoclogic, rather than reverse chronologic, order. When i did this a year or two ago, I had to laugh because there was a thread in 1999 that could have been written yesterday -- same whines, same arguments, same explanations, same stubborness.

If you don't beleive your complaint  has been addressed, do a search on "uncapturable." You'll find all the answers you're looking for.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 01:05:57 PM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2007, 01:16:26 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
make the bases uncapturable, and how he DID say he thought it was a great AH moment  the time the Rooks and Nits declared a truce to do a combined mission to resettle an all Bish Fightertown -- and if you then applied a teeny weeny bit of deductive logic, you would see where I formed my assessment.

I started "The Truce", but about 200 players in AH2 solidified it.  

DREDger thinks he is the "mission planner to end all mission planners" because he takes an island.   What cracks me up is when I was in Nazgul:  AX, Goth, Mutley and myself took every TT island base ourselves (except A1) with just the four of us.  

BUT, what DREDger WANTS to hear is this: "I will tell what I think and if you do not agree with it, you are a whiner and a griefer.   I am the greatest mission planner ever."    These threads are his way of laughing and joking about taking all of the bases, so other's will "bask in his glory and feed his ego."  

Problem is, it's all in his mind.  

DRED, I've contributed more to this game than you ever have, and ever will.   Do us a favor, spare us with you "self-serving", "I already know the answer before anyone responds" BS threads.    Again, I had you PEGGED with the second post in this thread.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline KINGcobra

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2007, 01:24:24 PM »
:rofl :rofl  since my answer will most likley close the thread.DREDger why do you care you and your missions take ALL OF TANK TOWN and make the Knights,Bish and even Rooks mad. not incapturable but put the vh's hardness at TT GREATER then what they are now...say 30,000lbs? and we are only talking about this because you take TT over.

my 2cents. :aok :aok

:noid

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2007, 01:25:12 PM »
He HAS repeatedly said he doesnt address many of these threads because it is the SAME THING over and over...almost all these "ideas" are older than the hills, and it jsut gets old saying the same thing over and over.

I don't doubt that is true Sim...I did do a search on uncapturable but it said no results (I must be doing it wrong cause I know of a number of them since I started looking at the threads)

THe uncapturable idea I think is relatively new though (only played for 4 years now though, so I could be completely wrong on that)  Seemed to start when the arenas changed from one to many.

Remember they started making 3 bases uncapturable, then changed the percent to win, messed with that a bit.  Then they tried the 'capture in order' thing with the arrows, where large icon was base needed to get.  Then started surrounding the uncaptureable bases with the red border.  (my chronology might be wrong, but you get the idea)

So under the old way, the center island was never really a factor.  Teams would just horde up and roll the perifery islands.  Now those are where uncapturable is.

I don't think it is too much to ask to hear their opinions on this.  Only take a few seconds to type something up.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2007, 01:34:36 PM »
How many more threads do you need to start on this topic?
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2007, 01:36:02 PM »
DRED, I've contributed more to this game than you ever have, and ever will.

lmao, talk about an inflated sense of self worth, what an ego!  You facilitated the 200 truce!!!  pin a rose on ur nose!!  You certainly claim a grand sense of entitlement due to your own perceived 'contributions'..I could care less.

u still havn't answered the question to this post, whether TT center island bases should be capturable or uncapturable.

Simple question, why can't you answer, yet u account for vast majority of non pertinant posts on this thread.

ur a joke mash.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2007, 01:41:43 PM »
DRED, I've contributed more to this game than you ever have, and ever will.

lmao, talk about an inflated sense of self worth, what an ego!  You facilitated the 200 truce!!!  pin a rose on ur nose!!  You certainly claim a grand sense of entitlement due to your own perceived 'contributions'..I could care less.

u still havn't answered the question to this post, whether TT center island bases should be capturable or uncapturable.

Simple question, why can't you answer, yet u account for vast majority of non pertinant posts on this thread.

ur a joke mash.

I don't have an ego.   All I'm saying is this, you keep starting these threads which are pointless.   You've already been given "the answer" in four previous threads (at least three of which have been started by you).    When will that thought knock you up side the head?

Joke's on you, not me.   2nd post in here, but keep trying.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2007, 01:47:23 PM »
I don't have an ego. All I'm saying is this

:rofl

mash are afraid to answer the question of this post?  countem, 11 posts now, not one has addressed the question of whether TT bases shuld be capturable or not....others seem to be able to answer...why not u...something special?  :rolleyes:

So far the count is 5 making them uncapturable(including me), and 5 for keeping capturable.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 01:53:39 PM by DREDger »

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2007, 01:59:11 PM »
You vote Democrat don't you DRED?

You have outstanding spin qualities.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2007, 02:00:13 PM »
:rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2007, 02:04:09 PM »
You vote Democrat don't you DRED?

Lets stay sharp and on focus here Donzo.  and no I don't, i vote librarian...or is it libratarian...can't remember.    most people in usa do vote democrat tho...as our last elections seem to indicate.  whatever tho..who cares...this is about TT bases being capturable or not.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 02:06:19 PM by DREDger »

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2007, 02:22:54 PM »
... maybe if HTC would post on a TT thread we could hear it from them...but I've yet to see it (btw, if you know a post where they have, kindly show it to me cause I would genuinely like to see it)

He has posted on the subject...and no, I'm not gonna search for it. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2007, 02:55:22 PM »
He has posted on the subject

Do you recal the general jist of what he said on it?

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Tank Town Bases: Capturable vs UnCapturable
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2007, 03:17:17 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo
Since this thread will be shut down shortly, I'll answer your question with a question...why do YOU think that TT bases should be captured?

Since this thread hasn't been shut down yet, I'll answer your question with a question.. why do YOU think that TT bases shoudn't be captured?
"strafing"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: Tank Town Bases: Capturable vs UnCapturable
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2007, 03:24:38 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
Since this thread hasn't been shut down yet, I'll answer your question with a question.. why do YOU think that TT bases shoudn't be captured?

......enter another person that will repeat exactly what has been "explained in the other threads".  

This is too damn predictable.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC