Author Topic: SIG p226  (Read 535 times)

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
SIG p226
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 09:48:07 AM »
Every now and then you find a gun that fits you perfectly, is well balanced, reliable and one that you can really hit with, and work it effortlessly.  For me, its the Sig P226 in .40.  what more can I say...
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
SIG p226
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 11:21:08 AM »
Even If I get one, I'd probably have to do something like Storch recommmended and then I'm back to my  main issue that concerns me above everything else, you put rounds into someone in the millitary- fine ( Sometimes, although the ROE's are normally poured over by various groups looking for something to get you with) But out here in the Civilian life- I dunno boys, If I go for it, they'll stay in the house and that way if I get a break in/home invasion I'm onto a no brainer and I'm in the clear so to speak.

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
SIG p226
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 11:54:30 AM »
S!

luv my 226.  easy to clean.  depending on ammo, it starts ta jam around 300 rounds.  great weapon.  fits great in the small of the back.

just bought a glock 30 45cal as a secondary weapon.  sweet.......spring lazer.  had ta buy a diff mag that had a curved grip at the bottom but otherwise luv it.  9 yards out and it will punch through the same hole with ease.  fatter than the larger sig but still hides good.

thinking of getting a glock 45.  

was shown the distance where the sig slide is from the top of ur hand compared to the glock.  glock slide is much closer to ur hand which i found out helps on reaquiring target after firing.

sig is a great choice though :)

S!
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
SIG p226
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 04:51:39 PM »
i have a 229 chambered in 357sig for work, and a 239 in 9mm for outside of work carry. i like em both.

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
SIG p226
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 05:11:22 PM »
And being totally honest, I'm not even sure I could use it, sounds strange I know, but I just don't think I'd have it in me to actually use a  weapon again. But I keep thinking of those break ins/home invasions that we suddenly got a rash of round our way and being married now etc I know I'd actually have to do something to protect myself and family.
Think I'll get down to the range and see how it goes from there, take my wife with me and then see how we both feel after that.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
SIG p226
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 06:00:08 PM »
Originally posted by Hawco
And being totally honest, I'm not even sure I could use it, sounds strange I know, but I just don't think I'd have it in me to actually use a  weapon again. But I keep thinking of those break ins/home invasions that we suddenly got a rash of round our way and being married now etc I know I'd actually have to do something to protect myself and family.
Think I'll get down to the range and see how it goes from there, take my wife with me and then see how we both feel after that.

I'm 33 years and grew up in a house where Knives/Guns were NOT allowed (culinary cutlery is different).    In 1997, a year before I was married, while working security, our new supervisor got me into paintball.   It wasn't long until I was going to the range and firing his "pre-ban 226", Colt Govt. Model., and other weapons.    He taught me everything I know today and instilled "a respect for handguns and rifles".  

One day, I was talking to my Uncle who lives in Indiana, he wanted to get a USP Compact 45.    He sold me his then 3 year old full size USP 45 for $500, including 3 factory mags.   I have fired 3,500+ rounds through it with only one Failure-to-Fire.   I bought some cheap ammo at the range, and there was a bad primer on a cartridge.   I've fired Lead through my pistol, it chews it up and spits it out.

I used to rip on Glock's something fierce until my buddy purchased a Glock 23C for Concealed Carry.   It is a dream to shoot.   He loves shooting my 45, and we'll often switch on the range and I enjoy firing his Sig 226 or Glock 23.   My USP is the only pistol I have, and I got some strange looks from my parents when they found out I bought it from my Uncle.  

Owning a gun, isn't about "Cool, now I can keep loaded and ready to fire."   It is something in which "Responsibility comes first."    You will RARELY have an "open and shut case" if you need to fire the weapon.   I have no idea of your "familiarity of firearms Hawco", so please don't think I am "talking down to you at all."    Some people just fail to understand the big picture, and that you "are representing law abiding gun owners".    

If a perp comes into your house while your wife and yourself are sleeping, it's a bit more complicated than "point and shoot".   You need to figure out "is he in front of a window, and if so, will the caliber I have go through him AND the window?"    

I still stand by my statement that you CANNOT go wrong with a Sig.   Nor can you go wrong with an HK or Glock.   They are all "dependable" firearms, me personally, I despise Beretta for all of their worth, same for Taurus Semi-Automatics (their revolvers are very good).  

If your wife will be firing it, I personally recommend for you and your wife:

Glock 23 (not the C)
Sig 226 (in .40 or 9mm)

Hope this helps you in your quest.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC